NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

A Friendly Heads Up to the Club

Tactician

1BAD6thgenZ06

I was actually jst being sarcastic ... Im and advid drag racer and road racer at the track .. jst crazy is all

That's crazy ! .... iv seem some nasty built vettes runnin around late at night lately .. agree ! take it to the track!

You must have missed the memo's.

1) Firebird is closing in April I believe it is

2) Speedworld will be closed soon after

These establishments were never open every weekend to Open Test n Tune. So tell me where would you have all these people go? Especially with the only tracks around both being closed. SIR in Tucson is a joke most would rather have driven to Firebird which still was not great. Test n Tune at SIR happens once a month if your lucky.

I am all for safe track racing but no one ever deals with the fact that there is no Open TNT every weekend and there is no place for them to go once they close. So now we punish them for being enthusiasts. Many here know they started out with cheap cars watching the veterans street race and learning through trial and error. I don't know how to approach it other than to say its hypocritical.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• azz061

• Marco

• Cross

• Big Poppa

Top Posters In This Topic

Probable Cause

Tactician hit the nail on the head... We are proud of who we choose a friends, the cars we drive or clubs we belong to... The last thing he or any of us LEOs want to do is have to be involved in arresting our friends. Big Poppa: Anywhere but Pima County :-P

Ya, I did my share of organized buffoonery in high school. These days I enjoy spirited driving just like the rest of us, but I don't do illegal drags. I'm not a drag racing guy and the car scene in Tucson is teh donkee dick anyway. Follow me up the mountain some time and see what I mean...

Ya, I did my share of organized buffoonery in high school. These days I enjoy spirited driving just like the rest of us, but I don't do illegal drags. I'm not a drag racing guy and the car scene in Tucson is teh donkee dick anyway. Follow me up the mountain some time and see what I mean...

:agree:facepalm:

I may have heard of some activity around there. If we had a place to race this wouldn't be a problem. Both tracks have terrible rules and are closing so the racing is going to be pushed to the street. My friends, the kind that can afford 1000rwhp setups, would happily pay a couple hundred to go race legally. Call that union up and pull some strings for us as part of the "Serve" in "Serve and Protect" lol.

There are ample places were the LEO don't go away from town to maximize the abality of a well equipped Z06. I like it on the West side when the LEO come thru the parking lot of a car show and take license plates numbers down. So i did the same thing back to the LEO and he asked what i was doing and i told him the same as him taking down plate numbers to be an ass. As for drag racing in town thats insane that's why i spend my time at speedworld as often as possible! But Corvette's are becoming more affordable to the younger guys i have noticed and see more and more Z06's popping up at local car meets.

i told him the same as him taking down plate numbers to be an ass.

Mike, I thought the cops call you dick, stop being an ass :lol

Not me, i love the LEO and appreciate what they do, but to go thru parking lots of where cars gather to meet and write down license plates is a childish act on their part. So you have police driving around looking at hot rods or cars in a parking lot all the while drunks are on the road and other criminals. If they know where the racing is taking place just go there and bust them. I only made my comment to the LEO because when i was trying to be nice he was cold and unfriendly. Just because someone is a LEO does not give them any more rights then you or i.

you do realize there was a bunch of drunks at the bar and when the cops drove by writing down thier license pltes they said "why are they bugging us? theres a bunch of hot rod street racers over there they should protect us from!" or The next drunk pulled over says, why are you screwing with me, theres drug pushers out there for you to catch... Mike, if someone vandelized your Z at the show, you would scream, Why aren't they here to protect and serve me?

when the LEO come thru the parking lot of a car show and take license plates numbers down. So i did the same thing back to the LEO and he asked what i was doing and i told him the same as him taking down plate numbers to be an ass.

I only made my comment to the LEO because when i was trying to be nice he was cold and unfriendly. Just because someone is a LEO does not give them any more rights then you or i.

Read your 2 quotes above, where were you being nice after admitting to "maximize the abality of a well equipped Z06" in his area???

I'm not even going to touch the comment about LEO's not having more rights than you or I...

After checking Speedworld's Website I want to say that I do not frequent that track ONLY due to distance. I have heard nothing but great reviews for it. However it does appear they might have an event for street racers every Saturday. If this is true I really wish I was closer so I could support them. SIR in no way does this and it really upsets me (besides being almost as far to get to as Firebird). But this does make my statement inaccurate until they close at least. As for the comments on LEO's, in every job there are those who let ego's, pride, or other issues/factors get involved and give others a bad name. I don't feel the Officers here represent such behavior by any means. We all have our experiences some quite.... alarming. But I think its safe to say we know the Officers here are not those to be found involved. Friends, Family, anyone can make a mistake. Judging people by what they might do or selecting your friends via such a belief is a double edged sword when you make a mistake.

Never said i maximize my Z06 capability in his area. You really could not maximize it's abality in Northern Phoenix which is everyone's area. Dawg your stretching things here now and i understand but the difference between a drunk pulled over and a car hanging out in a parking lot is way different my friend. A drunk pulled over is a violtaion of ARS statues, A car parked in a parking lot for a car show or gathering is not a violation and actually takes place on private property. And unless posted the LEO have no jurisdiction in Arizona. No i would not cry were are the police if my car got vandalized as i had a car get hit at Arrowhead Mall and Glendale PD said sorry can't help you private party. So if i caught someone vandalizing my car they would leave in an ambulance.

I sucks getting old and I'm lucky if I can stay awake until 8 maybe 9pm on a Fri or Sat night. So I know it wasn't me out there and besides, those who like to drag race either on the track or street are trying to make up for their short comings.

when the LEO come thru the parking lot of a car show and take license plates numbers down. So i did the same thing back to the LEO and he asked what i was doing and i told him the same as him taking down plate numbers to be an ass.

I only made my comment to the LEO because when i was trying to be nice he was cold and unfriendly. Just because someone is a LEO does not give them any more rights then you or i.

Read your 2 quotes above, where were you being nice after admitting to "maximize the abality of a well equipped Z06" in his area???

I'm not even going to touch the comment about LEO's not having more rights than you or I...

the only right a LEO has over you or i is to enforce a violation of Arizona's Revised stautes, Other than that they are no different then you and I. My best friend is a DPS officer and i showed him this post this morning and he said it was quite unproffesional in his opinion.

I think it's great our group sticks together and helps out but i also don't feel anyone has the right to influence others based on their job.

Unlike that drunk driver, I'm only going to kill myself. There's no other reason we drive the distance to Pinnacle Peak than to be responsible. If I die then so be it. I also go sky-diving for that same reason, to enjoy life. There's risk and some don't mind the consequences.

I for one will not and have not dragged race on a City street in Arizona. I used to do a ton of this back in Chicago but we had miles of country road and had no worries. Speedworld is the best place for drag racing especially in the winter as i couldn't hook on goodyear runflats if my life depended on it. lol

Unlike that drunk driver, I'm only going to kill myself. There's no other reason we drive the distance to Pinnacle Peak than to be responsible.

If I die then so be it. I also go sky-diving for that same reason, to enjoy life. There's risk and some don't mind the consequences.

Have you gone yet? Ya know... jumped out of a perfectly good airplane? /threadjack

I have a handful of cops that are good friends of mine. None of them are really that interested in speeders and only street racing if its truly a danger to others. Then again, most of my cop friends work in places that they have waaaay better things to do than street racing. Though if it's a problem it should be taken care of. I've never been to an organized street race event thing, and I don't really care if someone else does it's just not my thing.

The pnly way i am jumping out of a plane is once it lands after Miranda takes me flying! :)

Or when she pushes you out after the first time you open your mouth in the plane!

I for one will not and have not dragged race on a City street in Arizona.

I can say I have never broken a single law, in Why Arizona!

Stop playing the holier than thou part, we all know how ACE members play and your not a saint.

Drag racing, highway racing, having fun with other members on a mountain road... is there really a difference?

I can PM you the video link if you want to debate me ...

The pnly way i am jumping out of a plane is once it lands after Miranda takes me flying! :)

Or when she pushes you out after the first time you open your mouth in the plane!

:smilelol

I sucks getting old and I'm lucky if I can stay awake until 8 maybe 9pm on a Fri or Sat night. So I know it wasn't me out there and besides, those who like to drag race either on the track or street are trying to make up for their short comings.

Well!!

I’m getting old too…

Just call me Mister short comings.

I don’t drag race on the street, just the track .

I would rather drag race than just look at the car.

Just like anything else, for the fun of it. :3gears:

I for one will not and have not dragged race on a City street in Arizona.

I can say I have never broken a single law, in Why Arizona!

Stop playing the holier than thou part, we all know how ACE members play and your not a saint.

Drag racing, highway racing, having fun with other members on a mountain road... is there really a difference?

I can PM you the video link if you want to debate me ...

IT WASN'T ME!