NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

good by

gnemack

In my less than humble opinion, gnemack did meet a whole lot of uncalled shit in his original thread (check the thread). This crap did come mostly from Chad who is a good guy, but, at the very least, an acquired taste. However gnemack, there is no need to generalize and leave as if your kitty cat was unwantently poked. Ace, as I see it, is a smorgasburg of people who, at the very least, agree in what car we love to drive. We also have pretty great events. It is a package deal. Anyway gnemack I still owe you a meal (check original thread).

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• Desertdawg

• Marco

• Big Poppa

Gene, Hate to see you leave the forum. I joined because this is a great way to meet new people and enjoy our cars; without the stipulations of rules, formal meetings and dues. We, you'll find, are a bunch of cut-ups and hacks whom enjoy a good laugh every now and then and will offer advice on a multitude of items. Me personally, I don't care what you've done to your car or what you are planning to do, that's your thing and we/I appreciate when people share their upgrades with us, as it allows me to learn from others trials and tribulations.. One thing to remember however, most people on this forum know way more about vettes and upgrades than I'll ever know and I'm new to the world of vettes so I take everything with a grain of salt. If a reply sets you off, please remember that some folks are just poking you in the ribs and trying to get a rise out of you, nothing more, nothing less so please don't take it personally.

..... This crap did come mostly from Chad who is a good guy, but, at the very least, an acquired taste......

acquired taste

-n

An acquired taste often refers to an appreciation for a food or beverage that is unlikely to be enjoyed by a person who has not had substantial exposure to it, usually because of some unfamiliar aspect of the food or beverage, including a strong or strange odor, taste, or appearance.

My one vette makes the power of all of his combined. I'm not impressed.

And my ____ is bigger than yours...yadda yadda yadda...

and you are a cyber Bully

Awwwww. Drew is a big bad cyber bully. Those guys are all out to get us! Don't bother calling anymore Drew. :LolLol: :LolLol: :LolLol:

Link to original thread?

..... This crap did come mostly from Chad who is a good guy, but, at the very least, an acquired taste......

acquired taste

-n

An acquired taste often refers to an appreciation for a food or beverage that is unlikely to be enjoyed by a person who has not had substantial exposure to it, usually because of some unfamiliar aspect of the food or beverage, including a strong or strange odor, taste, or appearance.

Obviuosly a cut-n-pazte do to kno mis-spelted wurds.

acquired taste

-n

Obviuosly a cut-n-pazte do to kno mis-spelted wurds.

But oh so true. :smilelol

I'd still like to see details about the ls7 swap into your c6.

That was never answered either, we assumed he added the 427 emblem like a rice does with a TypeR sticker!

Just how many of you guys ever meet this guy? I got him some DI water from my work one day. He was very appreciative of it. He was a Vietnam War Vet somewhere between mine and Eddy's age. I think that may have been the problem. He just had a hard time adjusting to the ACE Hole humor and harassment. I myself was sorry to see him go.

Guest badbobs95

OMG! I hate being serious as most of you know but here goes, Gene is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He lives just a few miles from my house. He has a passion for fixing broken Vettes. In my opinion, if Gene let people get to know him before he bought Sea 6, things would have gone differently. Nobody knew who he was, just that this guy bought a flood car and a few didn't agree with him trying to resurrect it. Well, somebody had too and Gene took on the challenge. Not something I would do but I don't know a red wire from a black one. I have detailed both of his C6's and gotten to know him. I've owned 9 Corvettes and Gene is more of a Corvette enthusiast than most of us, me included. I only hope he will give us another chance because he is worth it. Posted Image By the way, Sea 6 is a wonderful car since he finished it.

All I ever said was if your going to brag that it only cost you 1/2 of what it cost us then back it up with numbers, and just like my wife he completely ignores me! :lol Tell him to show up at some events and get to know us face to face before he stomps off mad, I would love to see his LS7 vert!

All I ever said was if your going to brag that it only cost you 1/2 of what it cost us then back it up with numbers, and just like my wife he completely ignores me! :lol

Tell him to show up at some events and get to know us face to face before he stomps off mad, I would love to see his LS7 vert!

Here's my two cents:

I have now doubt he's a nice guy, I think its kinda sad that it went down honestly. I for one was very curious about details and info. Could we have lightened up just a bit? Yeah, probably......but

If you post it up here, you can't not expect commentary, analysis, and speculation; we're curious people and we want to know, genuinely. Questions were asked, they were never answered let alone addressed in the slightest. Instead it was boastful claims and the questions just brushed under the rug. Once people start seeing that pattern the vultures and going to circle. The car is announced "perfect, flawless, people should eat their hats" after an amount of mileage that basically equates to a weekend drive; perhaps the the approach should've been, "so far so good, I'm very optimistic". He claimed we "just don't/never will get it", ok then, explain it to us so we CAN get it. It's just that simple

If you come to the sandbox, you have to learn to play with the other kids in the sandbox. It could've been handled different on both sides, but again, if he would've bothered to be forthcoming with information when the questions were posed we wouldn't be in this situation and have this result at all.

All I ever said was if your going to brag that it only cost you 1/2 of what it cost us then back it up with numbers, and just like my wife he completely ignores me! :lol

Tell him to show up at some events and get to know us face to face before he stomps off mad, I would love to see his LS7 vert!

Here's my two cents:

I have now doubt he's a nice guy, I think its kinda sad that it went down honestly. I for one was very curious about details and info. Could we have lightened up just a bit? Yeah, probably......but

If you post it up here, you can't not expect commentary, analysis, and speculation; we're curious people and we want to know, genuinely. Questions were asked, they were never answered let alone addressed in the slightest. Instead it was boastful claims and the questions just brushed under the rug. Once people start seeing that pattern the vultures and going to circle. The car is announced "perfect, flawless, people should eat their hats" after an amount of mileage that basically equates to a weekend drive; perhaps the the approach should've been, "so far so good, I'm very optimistic". He claimed we "just don't/never will get it", ok then, explain it to us so we CAN get it. It's just that simple

If you come to the sandbox, you have to learn to play with the other kids in the sandbox. It could've been handled different on both sides, but again, if he would've bothered to be forthcoming with information when the questions were posed we wouldn't be in this situation and have this result at all.

:agree

Furthermore, from a total outsiders (objective) point of view (I don't know any of the parties involved AT ALL): Dating back to the original post about this car, everyone was supportive of this effort even if a few were skeptical of how cost effective it would prove to be. As mentioned above, the vultures didn't swoop in until the OP was overly defensive and avoiding any specific questions. It really boils down, IMO, to the alternate reality that is the Internet. Someone a few posts back attributed it to age difference and, simply, that the OP wasn't properly acquainted with how message boards work; you better have thick skin and facts to back up anything you say....you WILL be challenged on any claims you make.

I will say this though, I've been on automotive enthusiast message boards for 11-12 years and ACE isn't that awfully brutal. There are a lot of boards where everything would have been totally derailed by page 2 of the original thread the OP made when he first bought it. You guys are teddy bears. :smilelol

OMG! I hate being serious as most of you know but here goes, Gene is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He lives just a few miles from my house. He has a passion for fixing broken Vettes. In my opinion, if Gene let people get to know him before he bought Sea 6, things would have gone differently. Nobody knew who he was, just that this guy bought a flood car and a few didn't agree with him trying to resurrect it. Well, somebody had too and Gene took on the challenge. Not something I would do but I don't know a red wire from a black one. I have detailed both of his C6's and gotten to know him. I've owned 9 Corvettes and Gene is more of a Corvette enthusiast than most of us, me included. I only hope he will give us another chance because he is worth it. Posted Image By the way, Sea 6 is a wonderful car since he finished it.

Too bad he wasn't a contributor here. 107 posts in 1 1/2 years and many exhibiting an attitude, sure doesn't make for friendly and helpful.

I met him at an ACE lunch on the East side where he brought the Seasix, but I never saw him again.

I believe ACE is about sharing. And it's about good and bad, funny and sad, complements and barbs, helping and recieving help, and the conversation whether it's online or in-person regardless of the subject. Corvettes are our common passion.

Will everyone please join me in a verse or two of Kumbaya and take note that KuMbAya contains a hidden meaning. :smilelol

I agree with everything Jim has said. If the guy is happy with what he has that's all that counts. I personally will always doubt someone when they say they have a DIY project that cost them half of market value. Either their calculators broken or their claim of value is pie in the sky. If it could be done for that kind of money there would be shops all over town doing it. Another concern is does this "GEM" have a salvage title? Is he going to pass it of to some unsuspecting fool down the road when it does develop problems?

Too bad he wasn't a contributor here. 107 posts in 1 1/2 years and many exhibiting an attitude, sure doesn't make for friendly and helpful.

I met him at an ACE lunch on the East side where he brought the Seasix, but I never saw him again.

I believe ACE is about sharing. And it's about good and bad, funny and sad, complements and barbs, helping and recieving help, and the conversation whether it's online or in-person regardless of the subject. Corvettes are our common passion.

Will everyone please join me in a verse or two of Kumbaya and take note that KuMbAya contains a hidden meaning. :smilelol

:lol

Eddie; Your quote (I personally will always doubt someone when they say they have a DIY project that cost them half of market value. Either their calculators broken or their claim of value is pie in the sky. If it could be done for that kind of money there would be shops all over town doing it.) The thing you have to understand about these type of rebuilds is. The cost of Labor of Love = $0. The cost of a shop doing this rebuild at $75.00 pr hour. makes the difference in it making any profit. And that profit better be worth the risk because when you sell the car there is a good chance you will be seeing it again. I've had a couple of friends, in fact most body shop owners that would buy salvage cars and rebuild them drive it for a year than sell and restart the cycle again. This was years ago back in Ohio. You could do a rebuild than wash the title of any salvage history. In Michigan you couldn't remove the salvage history.

:ACE: Oh hell with, I'll just say it now....I LUV ALL YOU ACEHOLES, both foreign and domestic!!! :drinkers This post has been brought to you by the letters B, E, E, and R and the number ?. :nicethread:

:ACE: Oh hell with, I'll just say it now....I LUV ALL YOU ACEHOLES, both foreign and domestic!!! :drinkers

This post has been brought to you by the letters B, E, E, and R and the number ?. :nicethread:

:thumbs

Eddie; Your quote

(I personally will always doubt someone when they say they have a DIY project that cost them half of market value. Either their calculators broken or their claim of value is pie in the sky. If it could be done for that kind of money there would be shops all over town doing it.)

The thing you have to understand about these type of rebuilds is. The cost of Labor of Love = $0. The cost of a shop doing this rebuild at $75.00 pr hour.

makes the difference in it making any profit. And that profit better be worth the risk because when you sell the car there is a good chance you will be seeing it again.

I've had a couple of friends, in fact most body shop owners that would buy salvage cars and rebuild them drive it for a year than sell and restart the cycle again.

This was years ago back in Ohio. You could do a rebuild than wash the title of any salvage history. In Michigan you couldn't remove the salvage history.

Okay, then why aren't more DIY'ers doing it?