ProAuto Sports @ Firebird Mondo track, October

PhatVette

Skid pad 4, which scca uses for their autocross has a ton of tire parts on it. This is the same lot we use for the ACE autocross. The rubber/ steel belt comes from them using it for drifting.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLAMMER

• StevieG

• GTABurnout

• PhatVette

I've heard from a bimmer his before/after was not pleasant w/o protection.

3M wide-painters tape(clear bra at the leading front & corner lights)for me.

Posted Image

Video and pics coming soon.

Off the subjects of videos but I have a question for you guys that have run any of the Firebird road course events. I was heard recently from a pretty avid auto-x guy that the track debris at Firebird is horrendous. In short, don't take a car there unless you're ok coming back with a pelted front clip. Is it really that bad? My car isn't show ready and it's not a big time garage queen but it's in good enough shape that I'm protective.

IMHO From rocks on track standpoint, East track is worse, followed by the west track, main probably has the least amount of debis however is the fastest (top speed wise). As the Slammer says tape the front you're good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

James, you were looking for a video of your car on the track, this youtube has you in view the full time

Steve

Was this a race that you were not allowed to pass? That little baby poop colored Porsche was just a fly in your ointment I think it was a she driver. I was surprised that you couldn't pass on the long straight away. In any event you got a good long look at those fancy taillights on the Porsche. I think you may have had a loose camera in your housing as I heard a lot of rattling going on You might want to put a little piece of foam or something to take up the slack. I look forward to the next race that we can be in the same group That should be a lot of fun!! SLAMMER