ProAuto Sports @ Firebird Mondo track, October

PhatVette

RV'S only matter to me if I get an invite To come in and eat lunch and watch The last go pro videos On their big screen TV. I'll leave it to you Stevie to set that up for us. SLAMMER

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLAMMER

• StevieG

• GTABurnout

• PhatVette

See you guys tomorrow. I will be there early. I will just need room to park the car and park my stuff.

Hey Stevie don't forget to put ice in your Cloolbox. Or do you call it frosty water. This is a reminder for Stevie not to forget anything!!!!! Stick it all in your boot man. SLAMMER

WHATS UP!!!! No reports back from the Roadrace group?? See ya'll out there tomorrow

In the third race Iended up breaking my axle on my driver's side Ended up meeting with a guy who had the parts and Took it upon himself to charge it for me. The axel actual ended up breaking off right in the hub which scored the hub in fact he (John) even had a replacement hub as well The hard part was he wouldn't accept anything for payment For parts or his labor. I was very very lucky today to have someone that was so nice to a complete strange. (Albeit a fellow Corvette owner) If there were more people like this John I think the world would be such a better place How unselfish and giving and a hell of a friendly guy SLAMMER

Phil + Stacey, thanks for the shade! Stevie, you rock! Thanks for the help! Dale, cool to see you and your son, and your pro-tourer! Tim, thanks for info, and the lesson in having spare axles! No incidents on The Sweep :partygrnhat: , but my tires look like hamburger.

In the third race Iended up breaking my axle on my driver's side Ended up meeting with a guy who had the parts and Took it upon himself to charge it for me. The axel actual ended up breaking off right in the hub which scored the hub in fact he (John) even had a replacement hub as well The hard part was he wouldn't accept anything for payment For parts or his labor. I was very very lucky today to have someone that was so nice to a complete strange. (Albeit a fellow Corvette owner) If there were more people like this John I think the world would be such a better place How unselfish and giving and a hell of a friendly guy

SLAMMER

Dam slam man that's plain ol good karma

I guess I still had a little bit in the bank, Karma can be a bitch or in this case it's nice to have a few extra karma points. I made sure to give his wife a bottle of Johnny Walker Gold and a bottle of Jack Daniels single barrel because I know he wouldn't have taken anything. That's just the kind a guy John seems to be. He sure save my arse. No broken parts today though. SLAMMER

James it was nice to meet you too. Steve & Tim always a pleasure hanging with friends. Glad we brought the shade too.

I'm Sunburnt... Videos to be posted soon on youtube; looks like I made a lap time of 2:10 Bitchin!

I'm Sunburnt... Videos to be posted soon on youtube; looks like I made a lap time of 2:10

Bitchin!

Fast fwd'ing thru your videos does NOT give you a better lap time :facepalm:

THIS WAS FROM VICTORS NEW GOPRO. I have not been able to get mine off my camera to the web yet. http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss23/littleredcorvette/FIREBIRD%20MAIN%20TRACK%20VIDEO/?action=view&current=mobile.mp4 ALL RIGHT MY MUSIC SELECTIONS WERE VERY VERY LIMITED. However this was the first time with this edit suite and I had not intended to submit the clip with the music. but when you don't know what the hell your doing at 12:30 at night you get what you get. You'll get the idea. By hitting the NEXT button in the album there is a 2 minute clip on the east track that was from last year when I hit a large patch of oil from a blown engine. SLAMMER

Very nice driving Tim, you get my vote for most improved driver over the last year.....excellent well done. John Bianchi was the guy who helped you out with your broken axle. He's a great guy as you can tell, he helped me with my Z06 when I was doing time trails. Those are the kind of people that make racing fun. Dale -- great to meet you, apologize for not having much time to speak with all of you. Seems like the long down time and not running the car over the summer created some mechanical headaches. After several off road mishaps and one high speed slide toward the wall we survived Saturday (Victor I think you may have the in car video, I forgot Hunter put the camera in the car). Sunday proved a litte more difficult, during the feature race I managed to move from the back of the pack (poor qualifying position) into the 6th position when the right front tire went flat at the end of the straight. I managed to make the turn and eventually retired with only 3 laps. Post inspect appears I flat spotted the tire. Next event is NASA at FIR Main and Proauto at the FIR West Track on Oct 27 and 28. Hope to see you guys then.

Great time, Thanks to Lou for the shade. So this was my first time running any event other than the ones I put on or the few Inde Member events. Oh and one event at P1. So the 20+ cars on a track at once was a new experience to me. Pro Autosports has a nice class for first time drivers. Then they have a new members session which is pretty much a lead follow session. After lunch they let you go up to the RED group. Since Mondo Track is only a once a year event there was 26+ people in the New Members session so to prevent a traffic jam they moved some of the experienced guys up to the Orange Group at the beginning of the day. So I started in the Orange group and was completely lost my first session. Passing was supposed to be on the dragstrip or by point by only but looks like that rule is forgotten once on track. It was interesting for the first session with the amount of cars on track. Some really slow, some excessively aggressive. All and all after my first session I was feeling good. I was defiantly not the fastest but I was not the slowest. Second session went better. I didn't get caught by anyone and I passed a Cayman and a M3 both on NT01's as well. Third session I was in the middle of the group. Not a good place if you dont want to be constantly scared. Too many cars acting like we were in a race group. Still it was exciting and pretty cool to see how I stacked up with a lot of different cars and drivers. Forth session I humbled a cocky Camaro SS owner. (see video) And I got caught but a cammed Z06 on race rubber and a cammed C6 on race rubber. Got lucky the session ended before the sketchy kid in the E30 3 series with the Turbo 5 series motor was able to make a sketchy pass like he had done on Scott (supercharged mustang) a lap before. (Video as soon as I get his videos) I have videos from the Second and fourth session. If anyone has been wanting to do one of these events I say sign up and go do it. Its a blast. We have a good group of people who come out and everyone is willing to help. We were able to set up in a friends enclosed trailer to stay out of the sun as well. For $200 for the class and the track day or $160 once you have your class done its not a bad way to spend a day. Lou, Victor will have one view and Scott will have the other. I will get his videos later this week. Victor, if you want to get me the other view of Lou's session I will put both videos togather and load them up. My videos so far....

I'm Sunburnt... Videos to be posted soon on youtube; looks like I made a lap time of 2:10

Bitchin!

Fast fwd'ing thru your videos does NOT give you a better lap time :facepalm:

Thanks Phil, at least I don't scream like a girl...

Being in the Red Novice beginner group, it was hard to get a clear lap in, here is one where I managed it, uploading this plus some others as I can manage

Steve

Great time, Thanks to Lou for the shade.

So this was my first time running any event other than the ones I put on or the few Inde Member events. Oh and one event at P1. So the 20+ cars on a track at once was a new experience to me.

Pro Autosports has a nice class for first time drivers. Then they have a new member’s session which is pretty much a “lead follow” session. After lunch they let you go up to the RED group. Since Mondo Track is only a once a year event there was 26+ people in the New Members session so to prevent a traffic jam they moved some of the experienced guys up to the Orange Group at the beginning of the day. So I started in the Orange group and was completely lost my first session.

Passing was supposed to be on the dragstrip or by point by only but looks like that rule is forgotten once on track. It was interesting for the first session with the amount of cars on track. Some really slow, some excessively aggressive.

All and all after my first session I was feeling good. I was defiantly not the fastest but I was not the slowest. Second session went better. I didn't get caught by anyone and I passed a Cayman and a M3 both on NT01's as well.

Third session I was in the middle of the group. Not a good place if you don’t want to be constantly scared. Too many cars acting like we were in a race group. Still it was exciting and pretty cool to see how I stacked up with a lot of different cars and drivers.

Forth session I humbled a cocky Camaro SS owner. (see video) And I got caught but a cammed Z06 on race rubber and a cammed C6 on race rubber. Got lucky the session ended before the sketchy kid in the E30 3 series with the Turbo 5 series motor was able to make a sketchy pass like he had done on Scott (supercharged mustang) a lap before. (Video as soon as I get his videos)

I have videos from the Second and fourth session.

If anyone has been wanting to do one of these events I say sign up and go do it. It’s a blast. We have a good group of people who come out and everyone is willing to help. We were able to set up in a friends enclosed trailer to stay out of the sun as well. For $200 for the class and the track day or $160 once you have your class done it’s not a bad way to spend a day.

Lou, Victor will have one view and Scott will have the other. I will get his videos later this week. Victor, if you want to get me the other view of Lou's session I will put both videos togather and load them up.

My videos so far....

http://youtu.be/mJjNMBpL2ko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxzJPAg9L84&feature=share&list=UU5v4m8KmNmTkiII0Yr_JaxQ

Hunter....you have a FTP site or something similar for me to upload too ?

I can also just post Lou's video up on YouTube or equivalent.

Let me know.

Love how my GoPro Hero 2 HD camera caught the expansion of your windshield crack as you hit the staights at the beginning of the video :facepalm:

I will figure some thing out Victor... Let me talke with my wed site guy see if you can just load them up to my site. Thanks

I will figure some thing out Victor... Let me talke with my wed site guy see if you can just load them up to my site. Thanks

I don't have a problem if you want to stick them on You Tube. I just need to down load them on my PC.

Thanks

Off the subjects of videos but I have a question for you guys that have run any of the Firebird road course events. I was heard recently from a pretty avid auto-x guy that the track debris at Firebird is horrendous. In short, don't take a car there unless you're ok coming back with a pelted front clip. Is it really that bad? My car isn't show ready and it's not a big time garage queen but it's in good enough shape that I'm protective.

Yes there are tiny rocks that get on the track surface that can cause chips to your paint. No more than on the freeway that get kicked up when the car in front of you changes lanes. I had my old car clear bra removed for just two days of careful driving (NO TAILGATING) and still picked up no less than 10 new rock chips. All just driving on these public roads. SLAMMER Just a reminder,....if your out in front there is nobody kicking up rocks. I say get some black plumbers tape, cover up and try out the track experience