ProAuto Sports @ Firebird Mondo track, October

PhatVette

October 6 and 7 (Sat/Sun). Firebird Main combined with Bondurant track to be a 2.5 mile track. :o anyone?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SLAMMER

• StevieG

• GTABurnout

• PhatVette

I'm already booked for my flight back to AZ Have had this date locked on my calender sence Jan. I'll be attending both days. I'm hoping for a cooler Oct. than last year. SLAMMER

I'll be there if the transmission rebuild is completed. Still waiting for parts for the Tranzilla. (3rd gear went and the dogs are worn on a couple of others) If not, wasn't there somebody renting cars to race at ProAuto events? I do not want to miss Mondo. See ya'll there. ~Dale

I will be there in the Evo. What days is everyone planning on being there? Also anyone know for sure if they sell E85 close to the track?

when I was there last time, I was able to chat with the owner. He said Sundays are less people than Saturdays.

Agree Sundays are Far less busy then Saturday however with only two days you might be surprised that Sunday is pretty busy as well. I just signed up for both days today with pro auto sports so I will see everybody early Saturday morning. I'll try to pick out a spot against the straightaway of the dragstrip towards the end and I'll have an easy Up to provide some shade. be sure to bring a chair and a cooler with something to drink. Most importantly don't forget your helmet!!! SLAMMER

I will be there in the Evo.

What days is everyone planning on being there?

Also anyone know for sure if they sell E85 close to the track?

Valero at 44th and Chandler...on the way to the track :-)

I am a maybe for this... need to move some stuff around to see if I can free up that sat. Also.. looking to add an oil cooler.. :)

What are the license requirements? i.e. do I have to attend a class before I can run?

What is the cost?

Sean,

Visit THIS LINK for specific information about new member orientation and the performance driving program. Basically:

• You do not need a license but must be at least 14 years old
  • You must complete the New Member Orientation which includes 2 hours of classroom instruction and 2 hours of on-track experience with an instructor in the car with you (until the instructor(s) decide you're ready to run solo)
  • You will be on track with others in the Orientation Group class until the instructor(s) feel you are ready to move up to the Novice Performance Driving Program Group
The cost is $200 for Saturday only and $300 for Saturday and Sunday. Both include the annual $50 ProAutoSports membership fee (good through 12/2013).

Lots more info is available on ProAuto's website at http://www.proautosports.com/

Hope to see you at the track.

~Dale

I am a maybe for this... need to move some stuff around to see if I can free up that sat.

Also.. looking to add an oil cooler.. :)

Looks like I maybe out. I was told that I have to attend the Zoo Walk for Autism on Oct 6. I maybe able to cheer you guys on in the afternoon, as it starts a 6:30 am

I am a maybe for this... need to move some stuff around to see if I can free up that sat.

Looks like I maybe out. I was told that I have to attend the Zoo Walk for Autism on Oct 6. I maybe able to cheer you guys on in the afternoon, as it starts a 6:30 am

While I saw that spectators weren't charged admission (I believe) on the site, I didn't see much else about non participants. I'm interested in eventually doing some of these events but not quite ready yet. Would like to go check it out though. Is it even worth going just to watch? I'm not sure how totally segregated I'd be from "the action".

While I saw that spectators weren't charged admission (I believe) on the site, I didn't see much else about non participants. I'm interested in eventually doing some of these events but not quite ready yet. Would like to go check it out though. Is it even worth going just to watch? I'm not sure how totally segregated I'd be from "the action".

I've been to only one of these events, and the spectators were hanging right there in the pits with the cars and drivers that were participating. It is also permitted to ride along if you have a helmet.

I'll give you a ride along. How ever there is a $10 fee payable to pro aotusports. Ask Donna how she liked it SLAMMER

Stevie which run group did you sign up for Red, Orange or Green? I signed up for orange on Saturday green on Sunday but can always move up after a race on Saturday to green SLAMMER

If I do make it out I'll definitely throw my helmet in the trunk. I'd love to take a ride, that'd be awesome!

I signed up for orange group on Sunday. I will be in the orange 71 camaro. My son, Landon plays football on Saturday. BTW it is $20 to ride along. Basically if you want to watch you just sign a waiver and walk in. You can then troll the pits for a ride with anyone in the street group.

Stevie which run group did you sign up for Red, Orange or Green?

I signed up for orange on Saturday green on Sunday but can always move up after a race on Saturday to green

SLAMMER

I didnt see what color to choose, let me see my emails

I've emailed Dylan to see if he can put me on the same as you Sat and Sunday...