NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Arizona Camp Sunrise Drive / Lunch Sunday July 15th

08Z51

Hey guys, I hate to be a wimp here. I got stuck driving during the downpour today in Mesa in my g37, freaked out. It was scary. I'm looking at weather for tomorrow, and there's a 50% chance. If I'm driving into the mountains and floods like today starts again, its not going to be good for me. Anyone want to help calm my nerves? I don't care if my car gets wet (lol), just not a great flood driver.

Let Lisa drive and Marco can take theirs.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 08Z51

• TheCMSH

• oldmxdog61u

• Eddie44

Hey guys, I hate to be a wimp here. I got stuck driving during the downpour today in Mesa in my g37, freaked out. It was scary. I'm looking at weather for tomorrow, and there's a 50% chance. If I'm driving into the mountains and floods like today starts again, its not going to be good for me. Anyone want to help calm my nerves? I don't care if my car gets wet (lol), just not a great flood driver.

They're not going :(

It's up high, lots of drainage. Option 2 is come ride shotgun

Don't worry your car is waterproof, we will be going a steady rate following some buses, just think of the kids

Heck with it. I'm coming. I'll just be the slow driver in the back if it starts again. At least the road to payson is much wider than it used to be.

Heck with it. I'm coming. I'll just be the slow driver in the back if it starts again. At least the road to payson is much wider than it used to be.

The monsoon rains are more likely to happen mid afternoon as opposed to the morning, does that help?

My guess is there's no way you'll go slower than the buses :lol

Good morning all. Its 5:35 am and I just looked at the radar. Nothing to the south/southwest at all now. Looks like we may have good weather, at least until afternoon. See you all soon.

OH YEAH !!! Awesome morning !!! Lets do this !!!! Posted ImagePosted Image

Guest badbobs95

We will be there around 9 unless you S/E kids want to meet up at Country Club and 60 at 8:15 @ Home Depot. Post up if you want to meet. Posted Image

Hey Bob. I'm up for meeting up at home depot @ 8:15am. Let me know if you will be there.

8:15 it is. We'll leave there at 8:30 if anyone else wants to come with us. Posted Image

heyBob ... see ya on the 101 .... will be puttering a bit slower then all y'll ... 101 to Tatum ??

Sorry about missing everyone today. A nasty little stomach bug did me in overnight and this morning. Hope everyone had a good time, and nobody had any maintenance or LEO encounters.

A discount Tire Company Truck took one for the team on this trip. all went great. Ill let other post up pictuers n stuff

What a great event. The hand prints and rain were worth the smiles. Rob, thanks so much for putting this together. Sounds like this could be an annual event...

What a great event. The hand prints and rain were worth the smiles. Rob, thanks so much for putting this together. Sounds like this could be an annual event...

:agree

:agree

Such a cool thing, what a great bunch of people, very worthwhile! :yourock:

A fun time for the ACE peeps while spreading joy to some very deserving kids. A great event in every way! :thumbs Thanks, Rob, for setting this up! Can't believe I forgot my camera. . . :banghead

PICTURES!!! :partydance:

Working on uploading to Facebook right now........I'll get to PB eventually

Great event, have to do it again next year I'm needing new tires, guess I'll have to give Discount tires some trade for taking one for the team, bet you he was pi$$ed

Great event, have to do it again next year

I'm needing new tires, guess I'll have to give Discount tires some trade for taking one for the team, bet you he was pi$$ed

Its always the trucks that want to race and be jerks, karma is a bitch!!!!

Another great event from ACE

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I WANT !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a special thanks to Rob for putting this together!

Posted Image

:yourock:

What a great time today .... fun ride up and great watching the kids with the cars ..... especially when they got their own hot wheels vette !!!

Rob ... thanks for setting this up and to everyone who joined .... was a great day for the kids !!!!

just did a few shots .... PIX4U