NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

5th Annual "Father's Day" Cruise, Sunday 6/24/12

Eddie44

Azmotorhead

Thanks to Ed and everyone who made this run possible. And all who attended:yourock: hope I didn't give anyone the frights going up the hills. A tip of the hat to a certain Blue Z06:3gears: Oh yeah How about those Cardinal Cheerleaders!?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marco

• Eddie44

• vidal1313

• Jon

Top Posters In This Topic

Eddie, thanks for putting this together! Had a great time, met some new peeps and good seeing familiar faces.

I was the last car to drag-ass into Sedona, driving like a blue-hair because my passenger had turned green! Only time in my life I've been tailgated by a minivan on a curvy road. :facepalm::lol

Pics:

http://s769.photobucket.com/albums/xx334/Chameleonzzz/2012%20Fathers%20Day%20Run/?albumview=slideshow

Ha! I can go slower than you. Thanks for the Pics. Other things kept me from going this year, maby next. looks like Eddie did a first class job again.

Thanks for all the positive response! Thanks to everyone that has posted pics and keep them coming. I didn't know until we were leaving but the banquet lady that I was working with said we almost had the mayor of Sedona come to lunch with us. Apparently she mentioned our event to him earlier in the week and he said he was going to try to come by and welcome us. I guess we were a big deal up there in Sedona. I didn't hear of any mishaps or run-ins with Johnny Law this year. That's always good news!

Fun cruise! Yarnell Hill was wide open and an absolute blast. On the way from my house in Tonopah to Wickenburg I beat my previous best. From the TA truck stop on 339th Ave to turning onto Hwy 60 took me 27 minutes. Some of the dips caused my front air dam to scrape though. Oh well, they are cheap enough. :)

The other guy that was running with Ollie and I had a Go Pro camera. Hopefully he can post a vid of going up Yarnell Hill.

I was with you at one point, I'll post the clips later on

Thanks for all the positive response! Thanks to everyone that has posted pics and keep them coming.

I didn't know until we were leaving but the banquet lady that I was working with said we almost had the mayor of Sedona come to lunch with us. Apparently she mentioned our event to him earlier in the week and he said he was going to try to come by and welcome us. I guess we were a big deal up there in Sedona.

I didn't hear of any mishaps or run-ins with Johnny Law this year. That's always good news!

We came up on one just before getting into Prescott. We had just passed our last slow person and had to play nice until he pulled off.

Fun cruise! Yarnell Hill was wide open and an absolute blast. On the way from my house in Tonopah to Wickenburg I beat my previous best. From the TA truck stop on 339th Ave to turning onto Hwy 60 took me 27 minutes. Some of the dips caused my front air dam to scrape though. Oh well, they are cheap enough. :)

The other guy that was running with Ollie and I had a Go Pro camera. Hopefully he can post a vid of going up Yarnell Hill.

I was with you at one point, I'll post the clips later on

Sweet!

Amazing cruise! It was my first, and won't be my last! I have never driven a car that aggressively in my life... What a rush!

Wake up Marco!!!!!!!!!!! Please post the pics...

Hey give the guy a break. Remember, they just got married and he let his lovely bride drive the vette yesterday. He is probably awake, but not out of bed yet! :yesnod

Hey give the guy a break. Remember, they just got married and he let his lovely bride drive the vette yesterday. He is probably awake, but not out of bed yet! :yesnod

That explains why they were able to make it to Sedona on-time; Marco wasn't driving!:LolLol:

Here is a quick one, uploading the windy roads to Jerome next, if you subscribe to my channel, youtube will let you know when its available

Steve

Here is a quick one, uploading the windy roads to Jerome next, if you subscribe to my channel, youtube will let you know when its available

http://youtu.be/DF4nI7XYExw

Steve

Just beautiful! Freaking beautiful! I'm glad that you sped up the vid as my vette could never go that fast. :edward:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF4nI7XYExw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Yeah you can tell it was sped up, it make the voices sound British or something! :smilelol

Keep your pants on, guys! We went from Sedona straight over to Pine so Marco could do some carpenter-type work for our friends cabin. I know he'll do plenty of posting of the pics when we make it back to Chandler. I downloaded all the pics to my iPad and they are pretty awesome! Looks like I'll be doing all the driving from now on so Marco can be the ACE dare devil event photographer! Wuahahahaha!!

I'll try to post a couple with the ole iPad....

Hope you've a good insurance policy on that fool! :facepalm:

Great ride! Had an awesome time with some new hooligans. Miss you Victor, Mike (Viper), Mike (Z06), Maria, and slammer.

Thanks Eddie for another well planned run.

:3gears::edward::3gears:

Wish I could have made it.....but glad you had a couple other hooligans to run with. You probably went faster than when I usually go out and slow everyone down :rockon2:

VenomOnWheels

in the video I heard the passenger

"ok.. ok.. ok... ENOUGH!!!!"

-yes dear

No, you're mistaken. That was the radio, not the passenger. I know because I was tuned to the same station in the Viper. Good reception too. Listened to it all the way up to Cottonwood.

in the video I heard the passenger

"ok.. ok.. ok... ENOUGH!!!!"

-yes dear

No, you're mistaken. That was the radio, not the passenger. I know because I was tuned to the same station in the Viper. Good reception too. Listened to it all the way up to Cottonwood.

:funnypost: Thats funny.....