• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdamMeh

• Bromley's Corvettes

• Desertdawg

• LastC3

Desertdawg

Adam, you should give the guy $25 per side, dont upset the gift horse gods, a little extra on your part ensures future prosperity.

So you're saying I got too good of a deal and should have paid more then he wanted for them? I gave him what he wanted for them. He tried to sell them to someone else for $25 and the guy turned him down. I did tell him that was a very cheap price but he said he's just glad they are out of his garage and someone is using them. $25 for us right now is a lot - hard to imaging I'm sure, but that's our situation. It was a blessing to receive such an awesome deal and one that was greatly needed. I'll return to my guilt free enjoyment of a great deal now.

Adam, you should give the guy $25 per side, dont upset the gift horse gods, a little extra on your part ensures future prosperity.

Says Mr. Buzz Killington

Adam, you're doing a great job on your new baby. Having just finished a 4-year project, I can appreciate the huge amount of work and time (and money) you're put into her. I'm anxiously waiting to see her in the flesh... Dave

Awesome score Adam! Don't mind the Dawg...some people can afford to pay for two cruises and only take one. :P

Thanks guys! I doubt we'll make it to any events in the Vette over the summer. Still some safety items to take care of - mainly tires. It's getting closer though. Going to put in the fuel pressure regulator and see if that cures the "Edelbrock" carb blues :) These things are stupid touchy about fuel pressure.

Thanks guys! I doubt we'll make it to any events in the Vette over the summer. Still some safety items to take care of - mainly tires. It's getting closer though. Going to put in the fuel pressure regulator and see if that cures the "Edelbrock" carb blues :) These things are stupid touchy about fuel pressure.

That is the truth!!! Don't try to give one of them more than about 6psi, or they will run very poorly. I learned the hard way...

Bromley's Corvettes

I have stopped using Edelbrock carbs there to picky. I also found less fuel presser is better around 5 to 6 anymore and they dont like it. I have heard some guys running as much as 7.5 there gauge is not working right or they just lucky lol. I use Quick Fuel carbs now there really a fancy after market Holley. Very easy to tune and work on and most of the time run great out of the box if you match the right size carb for the engine. They also make more power so its a easy sell.

Agreed Doug. So far, I'm not too impressed with this Edelbrock carb but it came with the car and is virtually brand new so I'm giving it a try before I move on to a Holley which is what I know and love. Holley's have skyrocketed in price since I bought one a few years ago so I'm giving this a go. We'll see what happens once I get the regulator installed. Adam

Desertdawg

I guess it sounded better in my head, I usually only screw up when I speak....

• 4 weeks later...

No worries Dawg. Had much bigger things to deal with lately - sort of puts things in perspective if yano what I mean. It's all good. :thumbs

Sorry the delay in posting up any news on the project. I've not been doing much with it since our summer heat hit. I did get the regulator installed and that seems to have cured the fuel pressure issues. This thing doesn't like the heat so we won't be doing much with it for a bit. New tires are the next step - hoping to get that done in the next few weeks.

I mounted the regulator and ran the fuel lines - these will be replaced with hard lines and a better filter, but I wanted to make sure this was going to work before I went to that level.

Posted Image

Adam

Looking good! Been pretty busy here lately too, don't worry, summer doesn't last forever.

Thanks guys :) It's coming along pretty well but we still have a long way to go. They are never really "done" :yesnod

• 2 weeks later...
finallyavette

Thanks guys :) It's coming along pretty well but we still have a long way to go. They are never really "done" :yesnod

Amen to never being done. You are looking good so far. My project is the also lots of elbow grease. If you need want/help with anything let me know. Or if you just want someone to bring over some beers and watch you work; some people are into that. LOL

What fuel pressure regulator did you use? Might have been some of the problem getting my Edlebrock 1406 tuned in.

Once it cools off outside I'll dig back into the project. Help might be good at that point. :)

The regulator is a Holley 12-803. Picked it up at Summit on the cheap. Seems to work well for me and I'm using a 1406 Edelbrock as well.

Here is a link: Holley 12-803

:thumbs

Adam

• 4 months later...

Well, it's been awhile since I updated. Was a long summer in many ways. I do have some good news to share in that we were finally able to put new tires on the '77 project :partydance:

I was choosing between BFG which I've always run on my old cars, and Cooper Cobra Radial GTs. I ended up going with the Cooper's based on two things. The speed rating is higher and the price was an $80 savings. Every little bit helps.

245/60/15 fronts and 275/60/15 rears

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next on the list to save up for is the headlight system. Actuators relays are junk and I need the seal kits for the actuators as well. Good news is, the car is basically safe to drive now with the new tires. Still ugly, but another step forward.

Adam

Tires look good, not as nice as the tires I put on my 82 but coopers are good! Wait for it!

Tires look good, not as nice as the tires I put on my 82 but coopers are good!

Wait for it!

Thanks! We're pretty excited about it. :3gears:

Oh.... and bite me. :cfdeadagain:lol

There's nothing wrong with your choice, someone will post a picture of my 82 with the tires I mail ordered, they were... Ummm... Not exactly a good fit for a corvette. They auto crossed great, tons of traction but looked a little off... :bolt:

There's nothing wrong with your choice, someone will post a picture of my 82 with the tires I mail ordered, they were... Ummm... Not exactly a good fit for a corvette.

They auto crossed great, tons of traction but looked a little off... :bolt:

I was just razzing you anyway. I'll be curious to see these wonder tires you speak of. :bang

There's nothing wrong with your choice, someone will post a picture of my 82 with the tires I mail ordered, they were... Ummm... Not exactly a good fit for a corvette.

They auto crossed great, tons of traction but looked a little off... :bolt:

I've seen that picture with the Mickey Thompson mud slingers, that was a bitchin' look man! :thumbs

Looking good ..... its always fun to see a project moving forward !!!! Posted Image

I looked for a pix of Dawg's 4x4, but didn't find it (yet) .... I'm certain someone has it handy !!!! Posted Image