Our '77 Project

AdamMeh

Ebrakes have been installed and I've run the new ebrake cable and installed the new pulley. Installing the ebrakes in these cars without removing the axles SUCKS! :willy Rear rotors should be ready in the next few days along with the calipers and master cylinder so we're getting close to having a new brake system. :cool

The rear end seems to be in good shape. No excessive play etc. so I scrubbed, scraped, wire brushed, sanded and painted things up so it doesn't look so crappy. Not much detail in this area as of now, but that will come with time. Dumped the old rear end lube and filled it with fresh and a bottle of GM limited slip additive.

Posted Image

Composite spring is in a box and will be added in the near future. I'll do the u joints etc at that point as well. For now, it's solid and will work for the initial test drives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdamMeh

• Bromley's Corvettes

• Desertdawg

• LastC3

Brakes are all on now. Just need to get some time to bench bleed the master cylinder and power bleed the brake system.

Posted Image

Also was able to save this wheel which was full of dents from some Bubba removing a locking lug. :facepalm:

Posted Image

I have started doing some rough bodywork. Trying to get it shot in some quality primer/sealer before the heat hits us again. We'll paint it next fall/winter.

So far, it doesn't look to bad - just one repaint prior to this which is good.

Posted Image

We now have brakes! Did a short test drive around the block a couple of times and they feel fantastic. That was a much longer test drive than I would have done given the fact that I had not driven this thing since I did all this work. Seems my buddy has more faith in my work than I do :3gears:

It's really ugly at this point, but it's moving under it's own power and is at least ready for test drives to get the bugs worked out.

Posted Image

Now to continue on with the bodywork and get this pig shot in some sealer - at least it will all be one color and not covered in rattle can primer.

Thanks Chad! :partydance: This trans is SOOO tight now since the rebuild. Shifts fantastic! No more noise and I can certaily tell it's a close ratio trans... RPM drops between gears are so small... awesome stuff.

Bromley's Corvettes

E-brakes on a C-3 LOL so much fun and even when you replace everything they don't usually work that great. The shoes are too small. Its always sweet first ride after doing a bunch of work. Posted Image

Wife and I did a first ride last night... was AWESOME. Went a few blocks and when we turned onto our street I hammered it in first and grabbed second. As we slowed down we both realized we had set off our neighbors car alarm :LolLol: I apologized to him but he thought it was pretty funny and just congratulated us on getting it running again. :cool

E-brakes on a C-3 LOL so much fun and even when you replace everything they don't usually work that great. The shoes are too small. Its always sweet first ride after doing a bunch of work. Posted Image

I hear ya Doug. I don't have them adjusted correctly yet, but I have to say that is a "odd" system. Hopefully they at least hold the car in place once they are adjust correctly. Sort of a handy thing with a manual car.

Bromley's Corvettes

Do not count on the e-brake holding the car on a hill lol. I have never had a vette pop out of gear so you really dont even need a e-brake.

Do not count on the e-brake holding the car on a hill lol. I have never had a vette pop out of gear so you really dont even need a e-brake.

Ahh.. glad you told me that. I would have been adjusting this thing until next month lol Oh well, if it holds it in place on a semi-flat surface I'll call it good.

Rebuilt the carb this weekend and it seems much better now. Took a couple of short test drives - good power, and it drives really well even though it needs an alignment. Loving this 4 speed! :3gears: Can anyone recommend a GOOD alignment shop on the west side? Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Body work update. I removed the luggage rack and glassed in the mounting holes. Also have started to grind out the stress cracks all over the car and glass and/or fill those in. The damaged front right fender has been repaired and I'm working on blocking it back into shape. Hood and headlight doors have been adjusted and are now fitting well with nice, even gaps.

Long ways to go, but it's starting to get better for sure.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lookin mighty fine ...... look forward to seeing it with paint complete ..... looks like your handling the details on the body ...... Posted Image

If you don;'t mind comin over to Scottsdale Air Park, give Mark a call .... he may be able to get your alignment taken care of ...... 480 250 2333

Thanks guys! :thumbs Hoping to have it shot in a full coat of new primer this weekend so I can start really working on the blocking. Tedious work, but it sure pays off when it's done. Adam

nice work Adam .. just 'found' this thread. Always a good day when she fires up the first time, another when you actually drive it and grab second :) Bonus for the car alarms set off! -Frank

Thanks guys! Have to admit Grayeagle, setting off that alarm really did make our first test drive something we'll never forget :edward: Family obligations kept me from getting much done the last couple of weeks. Not that the project isn't important, but some things are just MORE important. :thumbs Should have some time this week to dig back in and "hopefully" get it ready for it's first coat of blocking primer. Adam