• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AdamMeh

• Bromley's Corvettes

• Desertdawg

• LastC3

This whole thread makes my heart go biddy-bump. . . :wub

Can't wait to see this resuscitated C3 at an ACE event!!! :burnout

:thumbs It will never be a show car, but we're trying to turn it back into a fun car.

Think the headers are a nice touch

Posted Image

Thanks Guys! And a big Thank You to Doug Bromley for taking time to answer a few questions on the phone. Your advice is greatly appreciated! Doug, the front coil springs you recommended seemed to work out really well. No drive time on them yet to test the ride and handling, but the fit was exactly as you said it would be. :thumbs

Thanks Guys! And a big Thank You to Doug Bromley for taking time to answer a few questions on the phone. Your advice is greatly appreciated! Doug, the front coil springs you recommended seemed to work out really well. No drive time on them yet to test the ride and handling, but the fit was exactly as you said it would be. :thumbs

Good on ya Doug, that's what ACE is all about! :ACE:

Bromley's Corvettes

Anytime I love to help I know what its like doing things your self and calling a shop for advice and just being told bring it in and leave a blank check lol. I have learned a lot of things on C-3s the hard way so I can save guys a lot of time and money.

welcome adam.

I applaud you for your effort in saving this old girl.

I offer some suggestions.

1: find a pair of used C5 corvettte seats. the bolts wil algin right up and drop in. These are the only few seats out there that will fit the narrow (19.5 " with?) seat well. They are VERY comfortable and you can get them on the cheap too!!!!

2: save up the money and get a Tremic 5 or 6 speed manual tranny. The m 21 4 speed tranny was great but I could only cruse at 65 with out winding up the engine.

The tremmic will give you 1 or 2 overdrive gears. I was able to drive at 85mph with the engine humming at 1800rpm.

cheers

and welcome.

you forgot the snorkel mod...

Great project - keep the updates and pics coming!!

Thank you F22! I really like the stock seats and while I love the idea of a OD trans, a 4spd just fits this car. I may change my mind someday, but for now we're rocking old school style :D

Couple of updates. While I am waiting on a part for the trans rebuild (should be done tomorrow) I figured I'd work on the interior. Last week I ripped out all of the new bubba installed interior and started over on it. Brand new parts put in over dirt, dust and grease. :facepalm: Cleaned everything, prepped and dyed the interior parts he sprayed with GLOSS rattle cans and cut the carpet so it would fit correctly and allow for the seat belt installation. Reinstalled the door panels so they would line up and actually allow me to install the window cranks, locks etc. Just need to get door pulls and the panels should be good. New seals for doors, windows and tops will come at some point this spring. The car came with bags and bags of new screws, floor drain plugs, window cranks etc and none of it was used when he put the interior in. :crazy

Posted Image

Posted Image

The car had smoke gray leather interior originally so we're using those seat belts for now until we make the switch to red interior in the future. Funds are being focused on drivetrain, brakes, suspension and wiring for now.

I also peeled off all the window tint that had turned purple. That was NOT a fun job lol

More to come!

Oh boy .... getting to the fun part eh ???? bet ya can't wait to fire that bad boy off eh ....... Posted Image

Oh boy .... getting to the fun part eh ???? bet ya can't wait to fire that bad boy off eh ....... Posted Image

I'll be thrilled just to have it all back in the car :yesnod It's so close now... :partydance:

Just had to share some awesome news. A good friend of my brother and I used to own a brake shop here in Phoenix. He came over yesterday to help me with a couple of things on the car and brought a tub of stuff with him. After we finished the small projects on the car he opened up the tub and started to pull out parts. Turns out it's a complete brake system for our' 77! :partydance: 1) Master cylinder (cleanded and ready for rebuild kit and refinishing) 2) Brake power booster (completely kitted and refinished) 3) Brakes lines (rubber and hard lines for all 4 wheels - cleaned bagged and tagged) 4) Complete ebrake kit (new shoes, clips etc) 5) ebrake cables, pulleys, clips etc all cleaned and bagged up 6) 4 calipers (cleaned, SS sleeved and ready for kits) He said he had these from his old shop and that if I would buy the caliper and master cylinder kits he would rebuild them and turn all my rotors for me. Total price - $400.00 :bang Holy crap! That is a killer deal.

A before and after (so far) shot. The before shot is the day we pulled it into our garage.

Posted Image

Very nice.

I did not say I don't like Chevy orange just its bright lol. Posted Image

Thought it might make up for the not-so-bright owner :smilelol