So just how hard is a clutch replacement?

Cross

I've heard that after market rockers some times require the valve cover baggle be ground down in order to get proper clearance.

baggle?

Posted Image

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cross

• Big Poppa

• Shifty

• TheCMSH

I've heard that after market rockers some times require the valve cover baggle be ground down in order to get proper clearance.

baggle?

Posted Image

No, no....it's similar to "haggle", only something you do before you negotiate... :thumbs

baggle?

Posted Image

REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!

You're going to correct a typo????? That's like the pot calling the kettle black. :smilelol

Oh, and you're picture is of a BAGEL!!!! :toetap

Awesome project :) Wife glanced over my shoulder as I was leavin eye prints all over yer garage pix, ..rolled her eyes, remembered our Road Runner, our Chevelle, our Duster, and many friends cars lookin like that on more than a few occasions :) Good times. You definitely jumped in with both feet .. workin thru the snags all fades the first time it fires up, and even more so when ya grab second gear off a lite :) -Frank

More pics but damn that was a huge pain in the ass just to get it to line up... its in though... and I fell asleep under the car. Thank god nothing startled me or I would have nailed my head on the exhaust flange.

No matter how much cleaner the garage gets, no matter how much more gets done... it feels like there is a lot more to do. I still have not tested the rockers for "0" lash... my first time playing with adjustable rockers. But I am going to try and start it so so I am either going to be ok or totally screwed... Well not start it but turn it over and work on the rockers.

Alright just cranked it over checking oil pressure and getting ready to finish the rocker arm install instructions following those I am about an hour from starting her up... she sounds different just cranking and the oil pressure is at 30psi. Def not the same starting sound I am used too lol.

HEHEHEHEH She runs, but its late and I need to wait. There is a tick but it could just be lifters I am not sure I will play more in the morning but she is alive, idles just as she should everything seems great good oil pressure everything. Even the new fans work as they should.

Alright drove it to school everything seems fine! Def relearning to idle, it took me awhile just to be able to drive it I felt like a moron with the clutch but it seems just fine now so I guess it was just learning. There is a slight tick I am not sure what to make of it yet, and it feels like the power is not there... I am not sure yet but then I am also not getting on it... I just could be looking for issues since it was such a big project and I have never set adjustable rockers before... still not sure how I feel about it but I followed the directions to a T. Hopefully everything is good to go and after today I can get the tune touched up and really enjoy breaking in the motor and clutch. I can not wait to be able to get on it and enjoy the new toys! Maybe I just have not driven it for awhile but even with the light weight flywheel it doesn't seem to rev a whole lot faster... does drop faster though lol.

Wo0t!!! Ya, wait until it's broken in and you have a good tune before worrying about the power. It may also be a function of the power band being different with the new cam. And you're right about the flywheel. It'll make the car harder to drive away from the light smoothly, and you'll see a difference in how fast it returns to idle, but these engines have so much torque it won't spin up that much faster. Good job dood. Go do burnouts in front of Reid's place.

92ZR1Wannabe

Wo0t!!!

It may also be a function of the power band being different with the new cam. And you're right about the flywheel.

:agree

Can't wait to see the numbers. How many miles do you need before its considered broken in?

I was going to give it 300-500 miles. I keep falling asleep lol I took a 2 hour nap instead of doing home work and I am still tired trying to pick up the garage before going to work. But I checked the fluids and everything else it all looks good. I am going to make a few minor tweaks to make it perfect and a little more clean up but it looks like everything went well!

Reid still needs to get me those bushings he cut off... Alright time for another drive, tonight I will take some more pictures and post them of everything done. Its def time for some clean up but lets see what happens tomorrow.

What bushings? Chances are good that I'm the one that cut them off... :facepalm:

The ones up front that go on the back of the adjustment bolts. Are there others that were cut I want them back on.

Do you want the car higher? Just turn the adjustment bolt. No other reason to have them, and ya, I cut 'em. Reid must be confused if he said he would get then to you. I threw them away. You'll have to replace the entire adjustment bolt.