So just how hard is a clutch replacement?

Cross

I find this thread very interesting and await the outcome. What was the clearance on the rod and main bearings?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cross

• Big Poppa

• Shifty

• TheCMSH

Guest Sidewinder

I find this thread very interesting and await the outcome. What was the clearance on the rod and main bearings?

Tom beat me to it. Did you have to buy thirty over bearings?

No I had the machine shop double check me since a few brought it up here. I polished the crank and used standard bearings. There was hardly any wear on anything even the Cyl. walls when I told them it had over 150,000 they were all very surprised. Honestly I could have left it alone but well... I am not good at leaving things alone...

No I had the machine shop double check me since a few brought it up here. I polished the crank and used standard bearings.

There was hardly any wear on anything even the Cyl. walls when I told them it had over 150,000 they were all very surprised.Honestly I could have left it alone but well... I am not good at leaving things alone...

Ok, I'm not trying to be funny here, but when you say..."

No I had the machine shop double check me since a few brought it up here. I polished the crank and used standard bearings.

Did you mean that you took the motor to a machine shop and had them take the caps off and check the clearances and that "you" polished the crank or the shop? Just trying to follow all this, that's all. Thanks.

I could not find a cam bearing tool so I paid the shop to remove and install my new cam bearings and polish the crank. They also want to check things so I brought them the cam out of the motor and the crank obviously and rod caps and they checked everything for me. I then picked it back up and I handled the crank and rod bearings.

Umm I have been lazy but I have a few I can post them tonight. Gotta go to work now that I am out of class then come home and work on this thing.

Hahaha alright I will keep that in mind.

However here are some pictures, still on track a little further behind then I want to be but... oh well it happens.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

......you didn't point!!!!!! Pointing fail!!!!! Seriously, damn dood, that's some serious shiz to do in a small garage. Good on ya! :thumbs:clap

You might consider changing the oil pressure sending unit while it's all apart... Even re-locating it....

Already did lol, and have another spare new one sitting here (yay warranties) Theres always something to fight though... never fails but were still moving forward tonight pictures of it back in is my goal.

Werd. Looks like fun. If you were like 150 miles closer I'd be there breaking things with ya....

This valve spring tool just flat out sucks. So on a different note anyone want to start guessing RWHP on the car? Milled 243's 1.7 Crane Gold RR BBK SSI Intake BBK 90mm TB Blackwing w/Ice Box 40Lbs Injectors Running E85 Comp Cams XFIâ„¢ XR275HR 222/224 @.566/.568 112LSA Longtubes, No Cats, Magnaflow Catback w/Bypass Other small things that should not effect it but certainly remove rotational mass lol. Shooting to dyno next weekend or shortly after. I can make a new thread if need be and buy the winner a beer lol.

This valve spring tool just flat out sucks.

So on a different note anyone want to start guessing RWHP on the car?

Milled 243's

1.7 Crane Gold RR

BBK SSI Intake

BBK 90mm TB

Blackwing w/Ice Box

40Lbs Injectors Running E85

Comp Cams XFIâ„¢ XR275HR 222/224 @.566/.568 112LSA

Longtubes, No Cats, Magnaflow Catback w/Bypass

Other small things that should not effect it but certainly remove rotational mass lol. Shooting to dyno next weekend or shortly after. I can make a new thread if need be and buy the winner a beer lol.

What headers are you running?

Stock short block?

Compression?

Guest badbobs95

OMG! What a job dude. Posted Image My hat's off to ya. Now my head's getting cold. Posted ImageTell me honestly how many extra nuts and bolts you end up with when you're finished. Posted Image I know I always do! Posted Image

And I'll guess 435 RWHP

There is always some damn thing... the Drivers side Valve Cover does not fit the Roller Rockers hit the Baffle it appears in the Valve Cover... tomorrow I am going to remove it but I want to sit down with a beer and relax before I kick something... However the cam has been degree'd at the Comp Settings of 110, everything seems great and so far the lash is set right we shall see with the lifters pumped up tomorrow after I fix the VC issue. Oh I took some more pictures of the build along the way let me upload them.

I've heard that after market rockers some times require the valve cover baggle be ground down in order to get proper clearance.