NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The bank has the car!

Big Poppa

I say small claims...at least you'd have a shot at getting some of the money back for damages.

THey have to have money for him to get. Most azzholes that do this type of thing are what we used call suit proof because they don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. You can get a judgement against them but you still have to locate assests to satisfy the judgement.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Poppa

• Marco

• Bigfoot

• vidal1313

I say small claims...at least you'd have a shot at getting some of the money back for damages.

THey have to have money for him to get. Most azzholes that do this type of thing are what we used call suit proof because they don't have a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of. You can get a judgement against them but you still have to locate assests to satisfy the judgement.

And to boot... I'll be out all of the legal fees. Even with no lawyer, I'll still have to file the case, have people served, blah blah blah. So I'll be out another few hundred bucks in the hope that I'll ever see a penny from them, and I'll have to PROVE that they took the car with malicious intent, AND that they did whatever damage may or may not be there. It could also take what, 6 months? A year? All so I can prove in court that I was stoopid for letting my car go without any payment? With so little possibility of even getting my legal costs back, is it worth it?

And to boot... I'll be out all of the legal fees. Even with no lawyer, I'll still have to file the case, have people served, blah blah blah. So I'll be out another few hundred bucks in the hope that I'll ever see a penny from them, and I'll have to PROVE that they took the car with malicious intent, AND that they did whatever damage may or may not be there. It could also take what, 6 months? A year? All so I can prove in court that I was stoopid for letting my car go without any payment? With so little possibility of even getting my legal costs back, is it worth it?

Then just let the insurance take care of...that's what we pay them for.

Ya... We'll see. Like I say, just waiting to get the car back. No plans and no promises as yet.

Guess the first thing is needing that $2,700 eh? Wish I could help in that regard, but I'm making car payments out of savings myself until the wife decides to get a job. :banghead

Ya, I'm fairly sure I've got it covered... Just waiting to hear back on that. Worst case I can sell my truck for more than that. These little Toyota's are always easy to move. Trying to avoid that route, but in my shoes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Just out of curiosity, are you going to try to sell the car again or keep it?

Current plan is that the bank is going to re-figure the loan to get the payment down. If I can swing it I'll keep paying the same as I don't want to stretch the loan any farther. But at least if I hit a rough patch again it will be easier to get through. So for now, I plan to keep it. I had actually decided to keep the car the day before I "sold" it to this couple. But they offered payoff, and it was the right choice to let it go, all emotions aside. That being said... As much as I love it and want to keep it, I may leave it for sale. I still think that in the financial position I'm in it's still the right decision to sell it. I'm back to working and shouldn't have any trouble making the payments, so I can sit on it a while and wait for a good offer. If that offer never comes, so be it. I get to keep a car that I love and have sunk a buncha money and time in to. If I get a good offer, I'll let it go and get another one in a year or so. Is that wishy washy enough?