• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Poppa

• Marco

• Bigfoot

• vidal1313

Ya, the insurance will cover it if it is in fact damaged. The bank told me that the tow company can be a bit over zealous when filling out the condition report. So it's possible that the car wasn't damage at all. I don't know for sure as I haven't seen the car with my own eyes. the only thing that worries me is that it is stated that the stereo has a "large crack" on the face. No real way to mis-state that. The upside to getting it back at this point is that I owe about $17,600 on the car, and if it goes to auction it'll bring $9,000 or something like that in good shape, much less if it's damaged. So then the bank comes after me for the deficiency. So I end up owing ten grand on a car I don't have anymore.

Ya, who knows what I'll find. I'm a bit scared.

Hang tough BP. I'm sure you've already done this, ..[CLASSIFIED]

Ya, I'm already on that. I'm still hoping that they just come to their senses and just go away, but.... I'll be prepared.

dude .... so sorry you're having to deal with all this crap ........... hang in ... :ACE:

Great news I hate to see assholes like that get away with a scam, hope they get what they deserve!!! :partydance:

Posted Image

Shit Chris, this all sucks for sure. I'd file suit against those bastards. They were out to rip you off. I sure hope this all works out for you and a tough lesson learned. Ugh!

Hang in there BP. Take it as it comes and deal with it all calmly. I know it's easy for us to say things as we are not in your position. You have a HUGE ACE FAMILY and we will all work together to help any one of our own out. Right Gang? :yesnod:yesnod

Hey, don't we have an attorney in ACE? Jus sayin'... it may be something you might want to take a look at.

Everyone says sue the azzholes! What have got to sue for? Good attorneys bill $400 to $500 an hour. Every second they work is billed. This is not a personal injury case so they aren't taking it on a contingency. Chris doesn't have money tree or a rich uncle that just died.

You have a HUGE ACE FAMILY and we will all work together to help any one of our own out. Right Gang? :yesnod:yesnod

Yup, a huge ACE family and Chris is our creepy uncle. :smilelol

Chris just needs to learn from his errors. Take this as a life lesson and grow from it.

Great, he's still growing........ :lol

Everyone says sue the azzholes! What have got to sue for?

Good attorneys bill $400 to $500 an hour. Every second they work is billed. This is not a personal injury case so they aren't taking it on a contingency.

Chris doesn't have money tree or a rich uncle that just died.

This is probably true, but it doesn't cost too much to file suit in small claims court and I'm sure Chris could call and ask Mark or his partner a few questions about this situation at no cost. Just an idea.

Got any rich uncles Chris? :P

Everyone says sue the azzholes! What have got to sue for?

Good attorneys bill $400 to $500 an hour. Every second they work is billed. This is not a personal injury case so they aren't taking it on a contingency.

Chris doesn't have money tree or a rich uncle that just died.

This is probably true, but it doesn't cost too much to file suit in small claims court and I'm sure Chris could call and ask Mark or his partner a few questions about this situation at no cost. Just an idea.

Got any rich uncles Chris? :P

Alas I do not. I'm waiting to get the car back to make any determination on court. I need to see what the car looks like and then weigh out my options for what I can prove in court. If the car is in good shape and I can just go on with my life, that's probably what will happen. They will just get away with it, very likely to do it again. No promises either way at this point, just waiting.

gosh man.. the more i read this, the more pissed off i got. I am so srry to hear something this ridiculous happened to a member of ACE.... hang in there bud.. i would at least try to sue those dicks for the 2,700 bucks its gunna take to get ur car back plus any damage done to it. I hope it all works out in the end man. God bless

Get your car back and call it a day. You are not going to gain or recover anything from these fuc*ers going through the legal system. However, satisfaction other than monetary can be easily achieved...

Get your car back and call it a day. You are not going to gain or recover anything from these fuc*ers going through the legal system. However, satisfaction other than monetary can be easily achieved...

You are wise....and scary...:lol

I say small claims...at least you'd have a shot at getting some of the money back for damages.