For sale: EVERYTHING

Ted Y

Guest Sidewinder

That's it, I've had it. I'm going to start my own forum and ban anyone who posts in the for sale section. Then I'm going to ban everyone (some without telling you) just cuz I'm losing my mind. Then you'll see................. then you'll see.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• wickedfastvette

• Desertdawg

• FNBADAZ06

That's it, I've had it. I'm going to start my own forum and ban anyone who posts in the for sale section. Then I'm going to ban everyone (some without telling you) just cuz I'm losing my mind. Then you'll see................. then you'll see.

Guest LOUDMIKE

I would like to sign up and volunteer to be the first one banned. Then i can claim to be the highest poster and biggest poser all in the same breath. Wait did that come out right? I suck again!

Nobody decried the fact that Eudlose advertised a differential from his business. Lots of inconsistencies everywhere.

wickedfastvette
Ok the voice in Chads head said what I wanted to say, but I didn't want to type that much and the voice in my head is lazy!

Thanks Chad. That makes total sense when you look at all the "areas". If I lived in Phoenix, bought a new Vette, tore it apart and had tons of unwanted parts laying around I too would offer them to ACE members as a courtesy not a money maker. What I do sell may save someone a buck and help me pay for the mods.

Guest Sidewinder

1Sik, this is your side business/job maybe not on paper or or taxes but you buy and sell used cars and car parts.

I mean c'mon

Posted Image

What my point is and has been for many years is if ACE lets one person do it then we let everyone wether it be 1Sik, LPM, Xtreme, Fireturd Raceway, SouthernCarParts, CnV or other business that becomes a member, there is NO diffrence. Just because someone posts a few posts in other sections or goes to events doesn't give them free reign in the For Sale section or any section for that matter. We had the grey area all figured out a few years ago and then it got grey again. I say again, the For Sale section is NOT Craigslist for vette parts wether it be a local guy who sells cars and parts from his garage or Tbyrne (who I don't think is in business anymore, could be wrong).

Your thoughts?

Again, I agree with Mark. 1sik may not want to admit it but he's running a side business. I'm sure he doesn't want to admit it for tax purposes but the average Joe doesn't sell the quantity that he sells w/o it being a business. It's not like he just got a lucky buy on a couple of vehicles. This is month after month after month. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck well then.... I don't know the current MVD regs but it used to be if you bought/sold more than six vehicles a year they wanted you to get a dealers license. My Dad got a nasty gram from MVD in the 70's because he bought 8 vehicles in one year.

I've never fully understood the reasoning for this, but why is it that ACE is against local vendors/business/individuals, that are active members on this site, for posting up their goods and services which may benefit the local community ?

Nobody decried the fact that Eudlose advertised a differential from his business. Lots of inconsistencies everywhere.

If you thought it broke the rules you should have said something. I don't mod the for sale forum anymore so discuss that with the mod. Do a search on 1Sikvette and count how many are in for sale and how many are not. If I want to see what is for sale I will go to corvette forum. This isn't vette parts craigslist.

:partydance:

:banannadance:

Some smilies

I was just poking this discussion with a stick. It's what I do, I guess. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

While I've heard of this "no-vendor" rule in various threads and conversations, I just looked over the Wanted/For Sale rules posted as a sticky in this section, and unless I skipped over the 10 rules or I'm blind, I saw no mention of a rule saying no business or vendor participation.

Guest Sidewinder

While I've heard of this "no-vendor" rule in various threads and conversations, I just looked over the Wanted/For Sale rules posted as a sticky in this section, and unless I skipped over the 10 rules or I'm blind, I saw no mention of a rule saying no business or vendor participation.

wickedfastvette

I say that, until there is a SPECIFIC rule in the guidelines forbidding active members from offering their goods and services to the community in a vendor or business role, allow it.

There have been ringing endorsements and high praise placed on ACE members that offer goods and services that many here have taken advantage of....they don't actively advertise their service here but we all know who and where they are at. Some may even have recieved ACE preferential treatment, with ACE pricing or "extras" thrown into the deal that a joe off the street wouldn't have recieved.

Seems to be a win/win scenario to me, and in my limited (1 year) exposure to the ACE community, I haven't fully understood the reasoning for attempting to bar such activity.

If LPM, Bromely, John, Classic Gold, etc. have goods and services that are related to this Corvette community that I can take advantage of, I (personnaly) want to know about it.

Desertdawg

I haven't fully understood the reasoning for attempting to bar such activity.

There is a 2 part answer to your question:

With vendors/salesmen allowed to hock thier parts or cars on ACE we get spammers signing up just to list thier stuff, (hence Mark's Craigslist reference) we implimented the 25 post rule and the spammers just spammed the whole forum to get in the for sale section, so it was worse.

Then we implimented the current rule of no commercial sales or dealerships allowed, no rule was written we just enforced it as needed.

The other problem is if we allow vendors to advertise thier services and something goes wrong then ACE is stuck in the middle.

The member is pissed because ACE endorsed the vendor by allowing them to advertise and now ACE won't step in to make things right.

And the vendor is pissed because ACE is allowing a crazy customer to bad mouth thier buisness on our forum in public view.

So with those problems in mind, how do you feel about the situation now?

And, does any of this also apply to C4for2's constant referral to Kim and his shop in his build thread?

Make it a time limit as well as a post limit. Three months, six months, whatever. Like Victor so eloquently stated, if there are good local deals out there, I want to know about them. I may not want them, may not be able to afford them, but would like to know they are there. As far as references to shops, what is the harm in knowing where people have been treated fairly and received quality work? Parker

I'm sorta new myself .... from what I've seen in the time I've been here ... the mods seem to be doing a great job on keeping us all in line ... the for sale section has even had a dealership note (brought to you by a member) or two .. None of what I've seen (other then those that got wacked) I would consider advertising ... somebody flippin cars .. with used parts ... isn't kinda cool to be able to pick up a part or two along the way that could save some bucks .??? To Victor's point ... we all recommend folks based on a great experience ... none of them however have even posted like monthly specials or the like ... and the deals they make with each of us is our own biz .... unless it goes south of course ... If it ain't broke .... don't fix it ..... our mods are doing a great job ..... and since its always be a pretty laid back deal here ...... maybe we just chill ... and enjoy ........ :cheers edit to add ....... as to the build deal at Kims ....it been fun to watch ... and an interesting project ... better to be on the ground floor of a project then to wait till it comes out in some mag ......:2cents

Desertdawg

As far as references to shops, what is the harm in knowing where people have been treated fairly and received quality work?

Parker

again......

The other problem is if we allow vendors to advertise thier services and something goes wrong then ACE is stuck in the middle.

The member is pissed because ACE endorsed the vendor by allowing them to advertise and now ACE won't step in to make things right.

And the vendor is pissed because ACE is allowing a crazy customer to bad mouth thier buisness on our forum in public view.

Meh, I think that is taking it to the extreme. That is like getting mad at NBC because they showed a Snuggie commercial and the piece of shit came apart in the wash. Good experiences, bad experiences, I think they are part of what makes a community. Even with SLAMMER'S experience at Xtreme, if nothing elese it is an education for an individual that visits any shop to request a check of fluids, and workmanship before leaving the premesis. I am not trying to simplify the situation, I know it is a tough one.

Desertdawg

Reference material... Clicky!!!!\

And what you don't see is the PM ACE recieved threatening a lawsuit because ACE recommended he go to AZPS...

We pointed him to our site wide disclaimer, but you see how fast it goes downhill.

Yeah, that sucker went downhill fast. Honestly, as a mod or an admin, as soon as litigation was mentioned I would have closed the thread and made them take it to PMs and email. There were also a lot of saber rattlers visiting from other forums, that didn't help any.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.