• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Ted Y

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

GM brings back the El Camino!! :smilelol It's slightly faster now and they guarantee this one won't rust out!

Photoshop one of those raised bench seats and roll cage they put on those Hummers and Jeeps used to take snowbirds on their off road excursion trips !!!! THat can then be used as the template I'll submit to Bondurant and SpringMountain race schools for new fleet of Z06 conversion cars to be used for owner introductions where you can take the entire family or multiple owners :smilelol

Might also submit it to the networks for use in an updated version of the Beverly Hill Billy's TV show :yeah:

Hhhmmmm....maybe complete the transition and make it a little more Hill Billy'ish by painting it ORANGE :banannarainbow::banannarainbow::banannarainbow::banannadance:

Posted Image

Might also submit it to the networks for use in an updated version of the Beverly Hill Billy's TV show :yeah:

Hhhmmmm....maybe complete the transition and make it a little more Hill Billy'ish by painting it ORANGE[/size

New color for the 2011 Corvette, Gila Bend Hillbilly Orange (GBHO for short)

Hhhmmmm....maybe complete the transition and make it a little more Hill Billy'ish by painting it ORANGE[/size

Don't you mean, Gila Bend Hillbilly Orange Metallic?

Don't you mean, Gila Bend Hillbilly Orange Metallic?

Yeah....don't want to cheat them hillbilly's out of any "bling" :smilelol

I love the Carbon halo and roof.... Makes the car good choice Victor....

Would look pretty solid on a Blade/Machine silver car as well.......hhhmmmmmm ? :yeah:

Kate needs to start buying mods for your car :lol

interetsing idea Victor .... would love to discuss further with you at some point .... :confused the C3 mite look cool with glass tops and that halo ????:

Photoshop one of those raised bench seats and roll cage they put on those Hummers and Jeeps used to take snowbirds on their off road excursion trips !!!!

Ill see what I can do this weekend!

Another blurry iPhone pic (sorry Dawg :P ), but the car is fully assembled (minus the emblems) awaiting the paint buffing/detailing, interior, engine, and under carriage detail. Should be in my possesion on Monday :cheers:

Then it's clear bra time :yeah:

Posted Image

Tight. :thumbs

Does any one make the rocker skirts and front splitter in carbon?

Talk to MrHusker, I think he knows someone that does stuff like that..I think his name was AECarbon :bolt:

Tight. :thumbs

Does any one make the rocker skirts and front splitter in carbon?

The OEM ZR1 stuff is carbon fiber, and many 3rd party companys offer ZR1 replica's and styles very similar.

Because I perferred the splitter and skirts painted, going the carbon fiber route didn't make sense spending the money.

THere are quite a few ZR1 owners taking off their cf front splitters and putting cf wrapped fiberglass units on so they don't destroy their originals and the fiberglass one's are about 1/3 the cost to replace.

This thread is getting old. How long does it take to paint a car anyway?

:lol The car did not make it to the detail shop yesterday as planned. They were "nibbing" (sp ?) the paint yesterday and by the time they finished with the polish it was too late. I guess "nibbing" is the process of removing any defects ( read dust or other airborn particles) that may have settled onto the topcoat before it hardened. I had noticed a few areas earlier in the QA review/process that looked like a piece of lint had stuck to the clear coat, so they were taking care of that and any other's they could find. They then use 3M's Perfect-It and Finesse-It polishes to finish the job before going to detail.

Supposed to be done with detail today, but I'm currently sitting in the airport awaiting my flight for a business meeting so I won't be able to pickup the car until Friday morning when I return to Phoenix.

The fiasco with the glass company cost me a few days, but as long as the car meets my expectations (and it has), I'll be happy to pick it up Friday morning :yeah:

You want to meet up for some pics this week Sunday Victor? Find a location near scottsdale and we can set it up....

They then use 3M's Perfect-It and Finesse-It polishes to finish the job before going to detail.

That's what I used and does a nice job. Too bad you won't have the clear bra on for Saturday. :facepalm:

You want to meet up for some pics this week Sunday Victor? Find a location near scottsdale and we can set it up....

Hunter,

I'll be back in Phoenix on Friday.....thinking we might go over to the boulders for the shoot.

I'll text or call you later in the week.

They then use 3M's Perfect-It and Finesse-It polishes to finish the job before going to detail.

Too bad you won't have the clear bra on for Saturday. :facepalm:

Yeah, I know. Oh well....nothing can be done about it. Wished it would have been ready for the ralley but the car needs the clear bra before any other driving events.