NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

FNBADAZ06's car is in the shop for some new color

FNBADAZ06

I hear the drawback to black chrome is that it is softer and more prone to chipping and scratching. Is this true?

I've had black chrome Z06 style 10 spokes for about a year now and have had the tires replaced on them a few times.

No knicks, scratches etc. You do have to be careful to not scratch them while cleaning off the brake dust though.

Not any different than a chrome wheel IMO.

I've never had black chrome wheels but I would think they would be as durable as regular chrome wheels and suffer from the same drawbacks.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Ted Y

• Bigfoot

• Desertdawg

Good and bad news to report this morning.

First the good.....

Brian from Gateway sent me some pic of the roof install from his camera phone. I'll get better pics when I go to the shop later today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The bad news is that the rear OEM glass replacement has not arrived at the shop, and he has told me that the glass installer has damaged my rear deck lid when de-installing the glass that he botched on the install the first time !!!!! :cuss

He is having a meeting with the glass installation company boss's this morning, and while Brian says they may be able to repair it he is going to look at replacing it.

Looks like I will be getting a new rear deck lid along with my new OEM rear hatch glass :ack

He asked if I wanted to be present during the meeting this morning but told him it would be best if I just stayed at the office...plus, I've got so much work to get caught upon while I was away on vacation.

Looks like I'm not getting my car back tomorrow as planned :(

Ugh, that blows. No one should have to without their baby for this long. Sorry to hear dood. And, I dig the black chrome ZR1 wheels, buuuttt... Can you fit 375's on factory wheels?

Ugh, that blows. No one should have to without their baby for this long. Sorry to hear dood.

And, I dig the black chrome ZR1 wheels, buuuttt... Can you fit 375's on factory wheels?

No, you can't as the factory ZR1 rear wheels are only 20x12......my 375's are for a 21" wheel.

Here is the 375/20/21 rubber next to my factory 325/30/19...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ugh, that blows. No one should have to without their baby for this long. Sorry to hear dood.

He could always call Chad and ask how to cope. Maybe even start a support group. :lol

My experience with getting major body work done: Whatever completion date is quoted, add one weeks. It isn't that they intentionally mislead, $hit just happens......

I dropped it off on Thursday December 10, 2009, so it hasn't been quite a month yet...plus we missed 2 working days with the holidays. All in all, given the wait time on some of the parts to arrive (GM was closed for the holiday as well) it hasn't been too bad. Brian and his Gateway crew have been very responsive to my needs and wishes, and I certainly didn't want a rushed job. We have found a resolution on the rear deck issue and the glass is supposedly going to be in tomorrow, so with the final assembly and detail work I should hopefully get the car back by Monday. Brian is taking pic of the car as we speak and will be e-mailing them to me for review.

Sunday the 17th we can do some pics if you want, and have a location since I don't know Phx at all...

He could always call Chad and ask how to cope. Maybe even start a support group. :lol

Well at least Victor's car still has teh Vagina...

Posted Image

Sunday the 17th we can do some pics if you want, and have a location since I don't know Phx at all...

Sounds good to me, Hunter. Maybe we can go up to the Boulders Resort...lot's of nice settings up there. When I drive it down to Tucson next time, we can go to the many places available down there as well as people have seen on your killer portraits you've done with your car.

You getting a room at Drew's hotel or are you going to stay at my casa ?

Well at least Victor's car still has teh Vagina...

Posted Image

Who's car is that ?

As a side note, I've heard thru several friends that the Ford GT(40) that I was going to race at the 1/4 for bragging rights threw a rod out the block over the Christmas holiday. I've been told that the oil then got on the rear tires and sent him careening down the highway and he backed it into a drainage ditch. Luckily he wasn't injured and apparently wasn't hauling ass when it happened but no word on the extent of the damage or cost.

Now that would suck :(

That's Cahd's old car. Roxanne version 2.0. It was down for a blower install for the better part of a year, if not more than a year. Long story, sore subject. We don't much talk about it, but a funny picture is still a funny picture.

That's Cahd's old car. Roxanne version 2.0. It was down for a blower install for the better part of a year, if not more than a year. Long story, sore subject. We don't much talk about it, but a funny picture is still a funny picture.

Aaaahhhh....before my time on ACE !!!.

Getting closer.........

Still needs the ZR1 skirts installed, the interior reinstalled, and of course the rear glass. I'm not going to put the emblems back on until I get my clear bra installed so I don't have to worry about trimmimg around them. They are trying to expedite the glass and we found a solution to the rear deck issue.

Car still needs to be buffed and detailed, but the overall appearance and job has met me expectations.

Installed the DRL LED's, 65/145W Yellow H9 high beams, the smoked markers and LED's, and the CF roof.

After a test fitment, I think I can reinstall my original OEM hood liner and cut open the area where the vent is on the hood. I just want the install to look as close to OEM as I can. FYI- ZR1's don't have hood liners..I checked the one on the showroom floor :)

It would be pretty cool if I could pull off a photo shoot of my complated car next to the 2010 torch Red ZR1 they have there :yeah:

So here we go............

with a better camera so Dawg don't come after me :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

DRL LED test

Victor ... that is totally sic !!! this will be the Jan Hot Rod of the Month .......... :thumbs:partydj::rockon2::wave1:

Victor ... that is totally sic !!! this will be the Jan Hot Rod of the Month ..........

:thumbs:partydj::rockon2::wave1:

I'll wait to enter/post for February...my birthday month :ok:

That is awesome, Victor!

Thanks, Ted :ok:

so be it .... there's a great park for shoots at the end of mill just south of base line ... you can put in on the grass .... can't wait to see it !!!! :rockon2:

so be it .... there's a great park for shoots at the end of mill just south of base line ... you can put in on the grass ....

can't wait to see it !!!! :rockon2:

:lol I just might have to check that out :ok: Hunter is coming up on the 16th so we are going to try and get a few photo shoots in.

Looks great Victor!

Thanks, Marco :ok: Did you happen to notice that it's RED ? :smilelol