• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LastC3

• anmracing2

• Desertdawg

• Bromley's Corvettes

Awesome RED hyper ......... looks great .... the hazards of older vettes ... always needing attention ... but thats what we do .>>???

Tom ... yeah.. break in was complete .... way to over budget to go to the roller system ... sure would have been nice.

OMG ... the motor's in the car >>> :partydance: thanks Tom for stopping by today ... your assistance is always appreciated .... :thumbs

we've posted a couple of new pix to the album ... :rockon2:

SEE PIX HERE!!

OMG ... the motor's in the car >>> :partydance: thanks Tom for stopping by today ... your assistance is always appreciated .... :thumbs

we've posted a couple of new pix to the album ... :rockon2:

SEE PIX HERE!!

Headers look GREAT!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

NEW PIX !!!

Getting down to final connections .... more pix added today ...

Might get to light em up here by the end of next week !!! :burnout:partydance::rockon2::burnout

Phill's Vette
NEW PIX !!!

Getting down to final connections .... more pix added today ...

Might get to light em up here by the end of next week !!! :burnout:partydance::rockon2::burnout

Lookin way cool Hal!!

:rockon2:

Desertdawg

Why didn't you go with a true dual exhaust? Or something you might consider while it's still in the air...

Here's what I did, home made Xpipe in the cat area.

P.S. I did the Stan's Tri-y headers too, they were killer!!!

Wow, look how clean everything is! Nicely done-now get her on the road so we can hear!

M~

Bromley's Corvettes

Check out the cars gallery on my site. I build custom tube cross members so you can run a 3in X-pipe system if you want. It gives you more ground clearance then stock and a ton more flow.

Check out the cars gallery on my site. I build custom tube cross members so you can run a 3in X-pipe system if you want. It gives you more ground clearance then stock and a ton more flow.

Thanks Doug ... we did look at that ... however decided to stay with the 2.5" to maintain the extra low end torque we're hoping to see with the tri-Ys ... we'll see when we get it on the dyno ....

Thx guys .... probably the longest build in history for no more then we did ... but am confident we'll have a sweet street machine and crossfire !!!

More updates next week .... :partydance::partydance:

Bromley's Corvettes

Ok sounds good and 3in X-pipe systems make more tq and hp just at a little higher r.p.m then a singal 2.5. If your not happy with what it makes with 2.5 you know who to call for big exhaust. Yes for the amont of work you had done it has been awhile I have done 4 vette projects like yours from the time you started. I am on a C-4 hot rod project now its going to be a fun car. It will also need a 3in X-pipe system in order to get all the power out of it. Your vette is looking sweet it will be worth it when you get back and all dialed in.

chevyguy1969

here is a couple pics we took of the car when we took it back to Arkansas in June.

Mena053-1.jpg

Mena055.jpg

btw thanks LPM the new pipes sound great awsome job guys

yeh i know the time stamp on the pic is wrong LOL

Man..that's killer......wonder what side pipes would look like on my C4??

I've got photo shop around here some where!!!!

chevyguy1969
Man..that's killer......wonder what side pipes would look like on my C4??

I've got photo shop around here some where!!!!

While not the same as the c-3 it still gives the same effect for the c-4 good luck

http://www.powereffects.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Back on the road ..... !!! (( Finally )) seemed like for ever ... but glad we took our time and did it right ...

IMG_0807.jpg

New Pix ....

Thanks to all who added advise and direction on the is build ... Especially Jim & Tom from DCS with their Crossfire knowledge and experiance ....

And of course my new friends at Vintage Iron, Mark, Terry and engine builder Dave for the awesome job of getting this done and putting up with me through the process ...

And of course my brother Tom, from Denver with a surprise visit on Final Fire and Tune day last Thursday ...

What a fun project ....

Still a couple of small items to get resolved and we'll get her out for the first cool event. Time to put on a few miles and get it on the dyno to see what we've got ...

Thanks everyone ..... :partydance::partydance:

I musdt have missed it somewhere, what intake are you running? Ported TB's?

Come on, we want details.

No mods to the top end ... running EOM intake (just cleaned up) and TBs. We want to get a good base line on it with the stock stuff and will hit the dyno as soon as we get some miles on her .... love the pull that's there now even with only 43 miles on the motor .... Will swap out with the new Renegade intake when it comes in ... they do another dyno run ... after that we'll probably go to 2" TBs and 1.6 Roller Rockers .. would like to get just a little more out of the cam. Will begin shopping for a new gear .. like maybe 354 or something ... should really make her come alive ...

chevyguy1969

Looking good can't wait to see it out on the road. Where did you get the wire looms for your plug wires? :burnout:driving::wave3: