NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C3 owner? Step inside!

anmracing2

Phill's Vette
Brett,

Take the rub stripe off of the doors and rear fenders... Just looks wrong!

Still looks like a fun project, keep up posted on your progress.

:agree

Also, good idea on returning to the original white! Of all the modifications that can be done to a C3, keeping the original color is a MUST for me, even if it was Hot Pink.......Thanks God GM never used that color!

A Stingray will be my next vette maybe this year; looking for a 71-75 to restore and/or to hotrod the hell out of. I will only do so much to my 82 as to keep it basically stock.

Keep the pics coming as you restore!

:thumbs

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LastC3

• anmracing2

• Desertdawg

• Bromley's Corvettes

Brett,

Also, good idea on returning to the original white! Of all the modifications that can be done to a C3, keeping the original color is a MUST for me, even if it was Hot Pink.......Thanks God GM never used that color!

A Stingray will be my next vette maybe this year; looking for a 71-75 to restore and/or to hotrod the hell out of. I will only do so much to my 82 as to keep it basically stock.

Keep the pics coming as you restore!

:thumbs

I couldn't agree with you both more! That moulding is coming off soon! It will be a long time before I'll be able to have it painted, but it's abosultely going to back to white. I've got a new nose coming next week and a few other parts and pieces to get me started.

Progress this week .... tranny's on the floor ... engine was about to come out when I left at noon .... and parts are starting to show up .... I just hope the line is not too long at the machine shop .....

will have another update early next week ..... :banannasword:

Here's some pix !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dang she's pretty .... can I take her home ????? :thumbs

Brett,

• 3 months later...

I can't beleive its been since March that I posted last .... just posted the first engine pix (just back from TA Performance) ... will assemble and do a Stand Run this weekend .... hopefully start back together next week >>>

Lets hope ............ :partydance::partydance:

Here's the PIX

I can't beleive its been since March that I posted last .... just posted the first engine pix (just back from TA Performance) ... will assemble and do a Stand Run this weekend .... hopefully start back together next week >>>

Here's the PIX

CROSSFIRES..RULE!!!!!

It's looking good Hal, can't wait to see it come together!

Here's the PIX

CROSSFIRES..RULE!!!!!

I like the way you think Tim... CFI Rules. :leaving

• 2 weeks later...

Very Nice! Gotta love the sound of an American V8 :thumbs

Yeah looked good but just way too many problems keeping it on the road. I replaced just about everything on it over 5 years but finally admitted defeat & parked it, finally got around to selling it . Learned a lesson - don't buy a cheap vette it'll beat you down.

My 82 was in good shape, but it was in need of at least 3 parts at any given time... I'm not sure I ever got ahead of the curve!!!