7th Annual Gila Bend Cruise

Desertdawg

Looks like I'm easily gullible and could use a lesson in humility. Still owns his silver Z06. The guys were messing with me. Yes, 'I'm that guy,' the one with a big L on his forehead. ;)

You Sir are now Officially an ACE Member! Congrats,

Sincerely,

Cahd, Big Poppa, Dawg, Bigfoot99, Jstrutt and all the other Mousekateers! Did I forget Phil? Phl is Good

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Big Poppa

• jstrutt

Looks like I'm easily gullible and could use a lesson in humility. Still owns his silver Z06. The guys were messing with me. Yes, 'I'm that guy,' the one with a big L on his forehead. ;)

Here's your sign as they say

Just remember.... around here if we didn't like you we wouldn't talk to you at all :lol

I've had 2 calls looking for the times to meet....

To get to Gila Bend after 11:00am

AZ Mills mall --- 9:30am departure???

West side --- 10:30 departure???

Casa Grande --- 10:00 departure???

Yuma --- 9:45 departure???

Please confirm these times so members can start planing their arrival times.

Yuma 9:30 - we be driving a bit slow(er)

If anyone wants to gather at the Lowe's on Dysart Rd, just north of I-10 at 10:00 AM. We'll depart at 10:30 sharp. It's 54 miles of mostly open road. We should arrive at 11:30.

my travel time from Deer Valley airport will be about 33 minutes...and I bet I don't catch a single light, speed trap, or HP.

...still looking for someone to go along right seat.

Hey Big Poppa, I'm in for meeting at Mickey Dee's as usual. Are you planning on doing the meet up at Casa Grande with the others like we did last year? Hey CoolUserName, cool user name!!!! Bring all your friend with Vette's - the more the merrier. We'll let the guy with the ZR1 run interference - - haha. I'm out of the leader business - - Papa Smurf has retired! I'd rather be in the back horsing around.......

Looking forward to it... cool beans!

The other Malcolm aka Papa Smurf

my travel time from Deer Valley airport will be about 33 minutes...and I bet I don't catch a single light, speed trap, or HP.

What are you flying? If it's an F22, I'll peal out of the Tucson caravan anc come ride with ya! haha - - 30 year pilot here -- sold my Bonanza last year.

Malcolm

Hey Big Poppa, I'm in for meeting at Mickey Dee's as usual. Are you planning on doing the meet up at Casa Grande with the others like we did last year? Hey CoolUserName, cool user name!!!! Bring all your friend with Vette's - the more the merrier. We'll let the guy with the ZR1 run interference - - haha. I'm out of the leader business - - Papa Smurf has retired! I'd rather be in the back horsing around.......

Looking forward to it... cool beans!

The other Malcolm aka Papa Smurf

What are you flying? If it's an F22, I'll peal out of the Tucson caravan anc come ride with ya! haha - - 30 year pilot here -- sold my Bonanza last year.

Malcolm

I'll leave the 'trainer (pictured in the avitar, and so aptly named for it's similarity in color, standing acceleration and probable Vmu) at the airport for a very slick low time Cessna 172 SP - I think the interior may be nicer than my ' vette! Bonanza, eh...that's one I haven't added to the logbook - YET.

I've had 2 calls looking for the times to meet....

To get to Gila Bend after 11:00am

AZ Mills mall --- 9:30am departure???

West side --- 10:30 departure???

Casa Grande --- 10:00 departure???

Yuma --- 9:30 departure???

Please confirm these times so members can start planing their arrival times.

Ok Yuma updated to 9:30

Anyone else want to update your travel times????

Micheal, if you need to be picked up let me know and I will make sure someone is there....

THANX DAWG!

I'm now officially planning to attend...while I would prefer to 'vette in, I'm not sure she will be up for the trip.

Only hitch will be the weather, of course.

As this thread continues to grow, just a plug reminder for the WoeII Shirt fundraiser for St. Judes.

$10 bucks to sign, (it;s for yhe kids) also, let's try to show up the Dallas group that raised $690 :partyspin:

Do you have this shirt now? I won't make the trip and was wondering if I could sign the shirt without going? Might be able to meet you somewhere to get this done.

Do you have this shirt now? I won't make the trip and was wondering if I could sign the shirt without going? Might be able to meet you somewhere to get this done.

You bet :thumbs

I don't have it yet, it's coming from Alaska then to here I believe.

As this thread continues to grow, just a plug reminder for the WoeII Shirt fundraiser for St. Judes.

$10 bucks to sign, (it;s for yhe kids) also, let's try to show up the Dallas group that raised $690 :partyspin:

$690!?! Wow that is awesome! :partydance:

M~

I won't be there but if someone will sign the shirt for me and send me a PM with their PayPal email address I will send the $10.00 plus PayPal fees to you.

Take my money, Please!

wickedfastvette

M~

Come on you guys know we can beat that! Thats only 69 people, lets make that our goal to beat Dallas! :rockon2:

M~

In just two stops total , Texas gathered $2000 :eek

Come on you guys know we can beat that! Thats only 69 people, lets make that our goal to beat Dallas! :rockon2:

That's at $10 a person. Nothing says we can't donate more than the $10 minimum. Let's make AZ the top stop for the shirt!!!

Notes!

Maps, Times, and List of names in the first post. Clicky Here !!!!!

These are the meeting point times, Please ask in this thread if you have any questions!

Arrive Gila Bend after 11:00am

AZ Mills mall --- 9:30am departure (East side parking lot by the old Krispy Kreme)

West side --- 10:30 departure (Lowe's parking lot at Dysart Rd and McDowell Rd.)

Casa Grande --- 10:00 departure (Cracker Barrel on Florence)

Yuma --- 9:30 departure (Love's on 3E and Gila Ridge)

The ACE donation jar will be there to help pay for the food!

and Bring your $10 to sign the WoeII Shirt fundraiser for St. Judes.

REMEMBER!!! This is a rain or shine event, if you need to drive your non-corvette daily driver, then do it...

M~

That's the spirit! :thumbs

wickedfastvette
I won't be there but if someone will sign the shirt for me and send me a PM with their PayPal email address I will send the $10.00 plus PayPal fees to you.

Take my money, Please!

I got ya covered John, if no one else does.