• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GuyverVette

• Big Poppa

• Ted Y

• Desertdawg

Nice looking blinker, I would still prefer just adding another bulb to the housing, but what you did is pretty cool too!

I like the idea on the blinker, but it looks to me that it's not bright enough and won't be all that visible, especially with the fogs on. Hard to tell from a video though.

Nice looking blinker, I would still prefer just adding another bulb to the housing, but what you did is pretty cool too!

:agree

Really looks great, I think you did a fantastic job. :thumbs

Thanks for the comments and feedback :) I think the LED gives it an updated look without making the car look like rice.

I like the idea on the blinker, but it looks to me that it's not bright enough and won't be all that visible, especially with the fogs on. Hard to tell from a video though.

Yeah I agree that on the video it looks like the LEDs blend with the light, but in person they don't... I also have a cheap "yellowish" bulb, I'll change it with some ultra white to give it more contrast.

Gotta say that even for not being HID LEDs they lit pretty intense, at pitch black, my garage lit orange when I had them on... so I'll see. I can always change them for a higher intensity set if the results are not satisfactory.

Thanks guys. :)

Thanks for the comments and feedback :) I think the LED gives it an updated look without making the car look like rice.

Yeah I agree that on the video it looks like the LEDs blend with the light, but in person they don't... I also have a cheap "yellowish" bulb, I'll change it with some ultra white to give it more contrast.

Gotta say that even for not being HID LEDs they lit pretty intense, at pitch black, my garage lit orange when I had them on... so I'll see. I can always change them for a higher intensity set if the results are not satisfactory.

Thanks guys. :)

Cool. Well, if they're visible, they're very cool lookin. I think you got yerself a weener.

Thanks for the comments, hopefully next week I'll have pics with the painted bumper (finally)

• 2 weeks later...

ARRGHH.... my painter has been way too busy to receive my car, so still no paint :( hopefully next week.....

On the other hand I finally got the relay box for the blinkers all figured out, I made a couple and I'll add them to the product line :)

• 3 weeks later...

FINALLY!!! I dropped the vette at the paint shop yesterday. The guys at 350Z Motorsports got me a great deal.

I'm getting the hood painted too and I'm also getting rid of the "Camel Toe" line on the hood (that ugly line right in the center of the hood.... it does look like a camel toe, and there's no p#$$y under my hood) and he is also blending over the fenders. So pretty much I'm getting my entire front end painted and he is also spraying my helmet with the same color for an awesome deal.

I highly recommend him, he is a great painter and a great guy, he might takes his time to get the job done right, and his prices are incredible. I've some other jobs he's done and he is great so I know my car is going to look awesome.

Now if you want to see some Corvette drifting donuts action at 350Z Motorsports parking lot just click here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6S0BTNiiO8

BTW. 350Z Motorsports is where "Exotic Muscle" shop used to be, and they do all kinds of service and tune ups, performance parts, wheels, tint, sound and paint.

...there's no p#$$y under my hood...

There's one ACE member who can say the same thing.

Oh, and congrats on finishing your project! Keep us posted. :)

I kinda like the hood.

Still can't wait to see it finished!

p.s. where are you getting a new reverse gear from???

I kinda like the hood.

Still can't wait to see it finished!

p.s. where are you getting a new reverse gear from???

I know... my reverse gear is f'd up since I bought the car.... I'll wait until the car doesn't back up to replace it, lol :D

Did you ever get the mold made? How much are these going to run? If you haven't gotten the mold made yet contact me and we can have it done for you. Contact me either way and if you need the produced I can probably help you out that way as well.

Did you ever get the mold made? How much are these going to run? If you haven't gotten the mold made yet contact me and we can have it done for you. Contact me either way and if you need the produced I can probably help you out that way as well.

Awesome!!! Yeah I'm getting it painted to snap some good photos and start promoting it to see if I can get any pre-sales to help finance the mold. I'll send you a PM. Thanks.

GuyverVette

Ok, is finally painted + got rid of the hood "camel toe" so the entire front was painted including fenders, it still needs a sand and buff but it already looks good on pics.

I still need to get the grille and the C5 emblem to put the whole thing together.

IMAGE_399.jpg

IMAGE_400.jpg

IMAGE_398-1.jpg

Wow dude, that looks AWESOME! Doesn't look C6 at all...and that's what I was afraid of.

Absolutely awesome. :thumbs

chevron.jpg

Looks like you've done a great job with the fitment. Where the hood meets the nose is a touch low, but not the end of the world, and it could just be perspective playing tricks. I commend the work you've done and I hope you sell a million of them... But I don't like it. I think the lack of camel toe is a mistake too as it takes out some of the definition and character, but it's all personal taste. I look at your signature pic and it just looks a lot more aggressive to me than the revised version.

Again, good work, and I hope you're as happy as a 14 yr old gettin head under the bleachers, but it just aint me.

GuyverVette
chevron.jpg

Looks like you've done a great job with the fitment. Where the hood meets the nose is a touch low, but not the end of the world, and it could just be perspective playing tricks. I commend the work you've done and I hope you sell a million of them... But I don't like it. I think the lack of camel toe is a mistake too as it takes out some of the definition and character, but it's all personal taste. I look at your signature pic and it just looks a lot more aggressive to me than the revised version.

Again, good work, and I hope you're as happy as a 14 yr old gettin head under the bleachers, but it just aint me.

Not a problem :) I can't expect everybody to like it and that's part of what makes us individuals which is cool. I do appreciate your good wishes and I'll be more than happy to share the joy and success (if it ever comes ;) hehehe)

You are right about the fitment where the hood and the bumper touches, the funny thing is that the OEM C5 bumper I used to create the prototype was already a bit raised like that, but I'll make sure the production bumpers will be as flush as an OEM or better.

The "camel toe" is just a personal touch for my car and it's not intended to be part of the new bumper design, I'm sure the bumper will look as good as it does on a car with an untouched hood or even with an aftermarket or cowl hood.

Wait till you see it finished and in person. You might like it a little more ;)

Thanks for the comments :D

Wow dude, that looks AWESOME! Doesn't look C6 at all...and that's what I was afraid of.

Absolutely awesome. :thumbs

Thanks, I agree with you and that's why I'm putting a C5 emblem on it to make sure it doesn't look like the car wants to look like a C6.... I'm also getting new wheels, so no more C6 wheels to help with that statement.

:)

Thanks for your comments guys... like BigPoppa said, I feel like a 14 yr old gettin head under the bleachers, hahaha

I'd love to see it in person. Adding the grille might help too, but I actually really like it without the grille. Just a big gaping hole. Congrats again though on getting it done.