NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

New C5 Bumper from 2F Industries/Performance

GuyverVette

What's the underside look like? Did you seal it off on the bottom to force the air through the radiator?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GuyverVette

• Big Poppa

• Ted Y

• Desertdawg

What's the underside look like? Did you seal it off on the bottom to force the air through the radiator?

Yessir, the underside is exactly as a stock C5, everything bolts in the same holes in the right position and it seals just like a factory bumper.

There's the option to open or modifying the shroud around the radiator to wrap it around the new front to improve cooling efficiency or allow an intercooler for FI applications.

So it's still a bottom breather? So the front grille is now just an air brake? Or do I have it wrong and the grille opening is feeding the radiator?

So it's still a bottom breather? So the front grille is now just an air brake? Or do I have it wrong and the grille opening is feeding the radiator?

Right now it still breathes from the bottom, just like a stock C5 (and if I'm not wrong C6's also breathe trough the bottom right?? ) The front grille right now only feeds the air intake (like in a C6). If it works as an air brake it should be the same for the TigerShark bumper and C6 corvettes and any other car in the market with front grills, but I believe the forced air that get's inside trough the front, part of it goes to the front brake cooler ducts and lots of fresh air right into the engine's air intake.

Hmmm.... I thought (and I too could be mistaken) that the C6 fed the radiator through the grille opening. I dunno, anyone clear this up? And, for the record, air brake was probably an overstatement, I was just trying to put my thoughts to words.

Usually, my thoughts put to words are "Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... "

Hmmm.... I thought (and I too could be mistaken) that the C6 fed the radiator through the grille opening. I dunno, anyone clear this up? And, for the record, air brake was probably an overstatement, I was just trying to put my thoughts to words.

Usually, my thoughts put to words are "Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... Kill the bitch with a knife... "

HAHAHAHA :smilelol It's all good, I feel you :)

This is what a C6 look from the bottom (without the mesh of course), the bumper turns up like in a C5, there's a bottom lip that helps directing the air up into the radiator like in a C5 too....

C5_Radiator_Protect-thn.jpg

Hmmm...

From the views you've given us it looks just as "smiley faced" as a Tiger Shark...just with fatter cheeks.

I think it looks ok (paint will make a HUGE difference) but I'm kind of torn as to which I like better.

Hmmm...

From the views you've given us it looks just as "smiley faced" as a Tiger Shark...just with fatter cheeks.

I think it looks ok (paint will make a HUGE difference) but I'm kind of torn as to which I like better.

I know what you mean, but what I mean by "Smiley" in the tigershark is that the grill opening is shaped like a U more like a smile

C5TigerSmile.jpg

While the C6 is completely squared, not so friendly IMO ;)

FrontSmi.jpg

All of the reasons stated by you for making the bumper are excellent.

Execution of the idea into a prototype looks great.

I am likin it :)

You can offer several variations on the theme later on, perhaps even flared fender bits an such.

(like a 1" .. 2" .. 3" flare for those that want to hang more offset or wider rims around ..an such)

Mebbe a kit later for those of us who want to back half their car so they can stuff huge tars back there.

bigwheels.jpg

or

dreamblower.jpg

-Frank

All of the reasons stated by you for making the bumper are excellent.

Execution of the idea into a prototype looks great.

I am likin it :)

You can offer several variations on the theme later on, perhaps even flared fender bits an such.

(like a 1" .. 2" .. 3" flare for those that want to hang more offset or wider rims around ..an such)

Mebbe a kit later for those of us who want to back half their car so they can stuff huge tars back there.

-Frank

I'm very open to all suggestions and ideas, since one of the first reasons for startin my own business is to come up with stuff that is not available in the market and that people would be interested on it.

Hopefully when you see it painted you'll like it even more :D

I'm thinking of throwing a very special deal (low price) to the first 2 or 3 buyers or interested on buying one, so stay tuned ;)

Thanks for all our comments guys :)

I like the look of the front end change, very much cleaner and more functional look to it, and keeps the 'C5' theme as you stated.

Perhaps first add on would be a kit to go with it to actually run that grill opening thru the radiator ..mebbe a splitter incorporated to run 30% or so into the intake as ram air similar to what the vara-ram does for the standard front end.

As for the back end .. why not a C3 cued item :)

Round tail lights instead of ovals,

..straight cut panel instead of curved

..slight rake forward

..bumper-rettes to protect it against the lil mishaps

...lil spoiler lip

..exhaust bits to exit under the bumper-rettes :)

-Frank

Did some photoshop playin ..pulled in the lower valance for a more pronounced taper to the front.

post-498-1229050465.jpg

I like the look of the front end change, very much cleaner and more functional look to it, and keeps the 'C5' theme as you stated.

Perhaps first add on would be a kit to go with it to actually run that grill opening thru the radiator ..mebbe a splitter incorporated to run 30% or so into the intake as ram air similar to what the vara-ram does for the standard front end.

As for the back end .. why not a C3 cued item :)

Round tail lights instead of ovals,

..straight cut panel instead of curved

..slight rake forward

..bumper-rettes to protect it against the lil mishaps

...lil spoiler lip

..exhaust bits to exit under the bumper-rettes :)

-Frank

Hahaha. It's funny, at a certain point I tought of making a C3 body kit that could be mounted on a C5.... but after thinking about it... The C3's are more affordable than a C2 or C1, and the ultra slim body shape of the C3's can't be beat by anything (I love C3's a looooot) so I think its more reasonable to just go buy a C3 than modifying that much an already great looking car like the C5.

But I thought of completely round taillights once too... I think the C5's rear end is too wide and the oval lights fit nicely the proportion of the back.

Did some photoshop playin ..pulled in the lower valance for a more pronounced taper to the front.

post-498-1229050465.jpg

I see what you did. I think I have to take some lateral pics to show you how nice the upper and lower balance align together with the entire body line when you see the car from the side, hopefully you'll have a chance to see it in person soon.

And yes, the idea is to make the optional shroud to allow the radiator breathe from the front and maybe covering the bottom access to pressurize the wind to allow a better cooling specially for racing applications or FI engines.

Thanks for your comments :)

Luis,

Have you figured a turn singnal light yet? It would look pretty clean if you could incorporate them into the fog light housing.IMO

Post a pic when you get it painted, I think everyone would like to see it. :ok:

Luis,

Have you figured a turn singnal light yet? It would look pretty clean if you could incorporate them into the fog light housing.IMO

Post a pic when you get it painted, I think everyone would like to see it. :ok:

Hi there.

Yeah, I've been working on that. Pretty much I've been researching about some materials and process to make the turn signal conversion affordable.

So far, one of the ideas is placing white/orange LEDs on the top of the fog lamp line (similar to the Audi R8).

I'm trying to figure if I can do this without having to disassemble the fog lamp, or maybe just by cutting a small hole on top (easy for a do it yourself-er) or drilling small holes for the LEDs. Im going to work on that this weekend ;)

I wanted to paint the bumper this week but It's been quite rainy, so hopefully if this week gets any better it will be done this weekend ;)

If your going to put the blinkers in the fog lights, then take your time and do it right, take them apart so they are inside. Drilling holes will look bad and your going to run into water/dust problems.

I would look into a small flasher like they use for emergency vehicles, you install them by drilling a small hole in the back of the housing and sealing the flasher bulb inside. This way it will be plenty bright, almost to bright, but it will also be completely hidden.

If your going through all this trouble to design, build your own bumper, then don't just copy Audi....

If your going to put the blinkers in the fog lights, then take your time and do it right, take them apart so they are inside. Drilling holes will look bad and your going to run into water/dust problems.

I would look into a small flasher like they use for emergency vehicles, you install them by drilling a small hole in the back of the housing and sealing the flasher bulb inside. This way it will be plenty bright, almost to bright, but it will also be completely hidden.

If your going through all this trouble to design, build your own bumper, then don't just copy Audi....

Thanks for the comment.

Well, by "drilling" I'm not saying I'm going to "hack" them and let water leak inside.... A good quality work with proper insulation and sealant would do the job.

Also, I'm not copying Audi... it's like saying that Chevrolet copied whoever came up with the projector headlights idea when they used them on the C6.... of the heated seats or the LED taillights on Cadillacs...

I said similar to the Audi R8 so people reading this might have an idea of what kind of setup I'm thinking of... you'll see, it's going to look good ;)

So far, one of the ideas is placing white/orange LEDs on the top of the fog lamp line (similar to the Audi R8).

do this instead. just replace the light with one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKdu9mmO4cg

Ha, those are not a bad idea.... it could be an easy option for those looking to just leave their fog lamps alone.... but I don't think the intensity of those would be enough to be used as actual fog lights. But thanks for the idea :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey....

Well, yeah, I was going to paint the bumper last week, but I've been getting quotes for the fiberglass mold, so I haven't painted it yet because I don't want to ruin the paint if I decide to have the mold right away...

The mold is a bit pricey so once I get all the available quotes I think it might take me 3 to 5 months to put the money together for the mold, so in that case I'll have the bumper painted to at least get some nice pics and maybe some pre-orders to help finance the mold.

SPECIAL PRICE FOR THE FIRST 4 BUYERS THAT PRE-ORDER!!!! :D

Hi guys.

I'd like to show you the blinkers already working. They came out very good. Looks very clean and original IMO.

Hopefully I'll drop the bumper tomorrow for paint.

Let me know what you think.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEh2tdNWAlQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bEh2tdNWAlQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEh2tdNWAlQ

BTW.... somebody needs to allow "embedded" code on the forum......

BTW.... somebody needs to allow "embedded" code on the forum......

not available with this current rev.

.. I already looked.

we can get codebox tho

woo hoo im typing in code. hx0R l1v3z!