NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Roxxane Progress Pictuers

ChadC

Man...sound like it'll be a monster when it done.

It might even give your ceasefire a run for the money .... :bolt:

What....Chris on vacation? GEEZZZEEEE.

YOU JUST WAIT.....THE RENEGADE IS COMING ....THE RENEGRADE IS COMING....HA!!

:willy

Close your eyes, it stings if it gets in there.

Cahd.... I think we'll all be damn happy when you get your baby back. Maybe we can all celebrate her return on the 4th of July?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChadC

• Big Poppa

• Desertdawg

• anmracing2

Don't know about the Fourth, but I'll be checking the SECC site to find out when they'll rent Speedworld again so we can run 'em like we brung 'em. I'm hoping to get all us fat guys in fast verts at the track this year. They usually have a fall date so the weather will be cooler.

Roxxane should be fine-tuned by then (knocking on wood), Dawg will have something else modded, Chris's grean meanie will sound legal at least, and someone might just buy Bob's Kenne Bell vert that turned quick time for 2008. You know my fat ass will be there trying for an eleven and hoping Chad can't hook! :burnout2:burnout2

:cfdeadagain Consider this the "preamble" to the Fastest Vert challenge. Sucka.

If that happens at a reasonable hour, I might be in for that.

Dean, you got something against fat guys in slow 'Verts?

Ted, you flirtin with me again? :partygrnhat:

Last I heard you were skeered something would leak if you made a run or two....now you're feeling froggy? :smilelol

Waste of time anyway, right? Chad has us all covered....! :chris

Waste of time anyway, right? Chad has us all covered....! :chris

Like you said, only if he can hook. I beat Phil (1EvilC5) last time because he could not put the power down. ;)

Like you said, only if he can hook. I beat Phil (1EvilC5) last time because he could not put the power down. ;)

IMGP0609.jpg

hmmm.. decesions decesions

The only decisions I see there are spin, spin a lot, and spin so furiously you thing you're in a Top Fuel Dragster with space saver spares mounted on the rear. Dood, you spent like 100 grand so far, pop the extra G for a decent set of rubber. Just not too decent, or you'll learn what Transmissions cost.

Guest azz061

Cool get that vert running! I need some new meals for my car! She is tired of beating up on red vettes and mustangs!

Ok. I read the ACE update sent to my E mail thinking someone named Roxanne (not a car mind you) had a heart transplant. I was like, HOLY SHIT!!!! And what do I find? An 8 month old thread of an engine rebuild only to find it blew up. At least no one had a REAL heart transplant, but damn....8 months later? What's up with that? Dude, take out a second mortgage on your house and rebuild the damn thing already!!! Time is ticking!!!! Trust me, I know how you feel. My ride was down for a good 7 months in Germany as well. Bummer. So, how far along is it? We can rebuild her...faster.....stronger.... Oh wait...That was the bionic woman.

Good luck!!!

Desertdawg
... someone named Roxanne (not a car mind you) had a heart transplant. I was like, HOLY SHIT!!!!

HeHeHe... I tried!!! :bolt:

• 2 weeks later...

Hold your water...

Ill make an update later today.

Cliff Notes: Fuel rail does not fit by " much. will need massaging. Missing fuel line will need to buy fittings. delayed by 24 hours..

wickedfastvette
Hold your water...

Ill make an update later today.

Cliff Notes: Fuel rail does not fit by " much. will need massaging. Missing fuel line will need to buy fittings. delayed by 24 hours..

WTF! :cuss enough already, hope thats it

Desertdawg

I talked to Chad on the phone just now, I was just picking on him.

I didn't know there was really an update :eek

Whats going on now?... its been a few days w/o news... this is my favorite read. :bump:

Sorry for the delay..(insert lame excuse here)

UPDATE June 6 2009 (day 331)

Well the RSI Stage 3 Fuel system is in. As with ANY custom system there are going to be some snags. Read: delays

I cannot say how happy I am about this setup. It is slick, OEM-ish looking, and done right.

IMGP0641.jpg

The Top Hat installed.

IMGP0643.jpg

I hope there is enough slack in the lines? LOL

IMGP0645.jpg

IMGP0644.jpg

Mike at LPM putting in the sweet rails. Yummy.

The install went Semi-Smooth. We were missing a 6” line from the kit. So there was a delay in getting AN fittings and the GM Fuel Male-to-AN-6 fitting was made incorrectly. While it looked ok, the male part was too small in diameter. It did ‘click’ into place but one gas was added it leaked a lot. LPM had to go and get a replacement (IE; half a day wasted driving across town for part)

Once installed a special sealant is used to make sure nothing leaks. The catch is that the sealant takes time to cure. Once Cured then LPM adds Gas and waits overnight again to see if there are any leaks (weeping, seeping type stuff). There was a small one so it had to be broken down, sealed up again, let cure, then add gas. Another day gone.

At this moment there are no leaks, and the pumps are in good working order. The under pinning’s (heat shields n’ stuff) are back on, and on Monday the car should be off the Lift.

Now we throw up the Nic Bat signal into the night sky and wait for the tuning to begin.

..fingers crossed no more Murphy’s...

That sounds like good news, just hope it is and all will be well in the world once the bat signal has been responded to!!!

Tuning at just the right time of year to meet your goal of no issues driving the beast here in the inferno.

The RSI stuff looks....nice. :banannadance:

Sweet brutha.... Can't wait to hear that yer drivin it and lovin it!!!

• 3 weeks later...