• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChadC

• Big Poppa

• Desertdawg

• anmracing2

All right! The bitch is back! Can't wait to hear her suck........or blow...........or whatever the hell you wanna call it. She's rolling, thats all that counts! May need to put together a little "coming out party?"

Any day now....

LMAO! I called Mark to try and get the skinny on CaHd's numbers, but he's still in that military top secret mode and wouldn't say sh!t, except "I can neither confirm nor deny any information." Hell, name, rank, and serial number would've been more info.

Ok, we need an event to commemorate this day!!!!!

I'm game for Thursday or Friday. Any thoughts? :D

I'll follow Cahd, just in case.

Ok, we need an event to commemorate this day!!!!!

I'm game for Thursday or Friday. Any thoughts? :D

Why an event, damn I was thinking more on the lines of a "National Holiday". We all need another reason to have another day off during the year. We can call it "chad coming out day", oh wait, that's another story (event)...sorry! :)

CONGRATS CHAD! I wish I could have chatted with you longer at LPMS today, but we had to run. How does she run?

7:30 pm and you're sitting here on the forum Chad. What's up with that??? Why aren't you out there listening to her whine?

I'm still waitin' for an official post from the horse himself - have you run a tank of fuel thru her yet???

UPDATE June 24 2009 (day 349)

Some things change. Some things remain the same.

IMAG0087.jpg

Roxxane is back home. YEA!

She is not drivable at the moment. ..yet

The push rods went in, and of to the dyno she went.

The GOOD:

Sweet Jesus this thing is fun to drive. The TQ comes on at 2K rpm and pulls right through redline. I was not looking for a High HP dyno queen but I wanted a car that had HP in a normal street driving range. And this is what she delivered.

This is only the beginning and there is PLENY of room to grow. The foundation is there. The outside temp was 107* when the pulls were done and I just grin at what she can do during December. :D

Here is a link to the Dyno sheet. Got TQ anyone?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/mrs...e/dynosheet.jpg

The BAD:

She is running hot and the oil pressure was maxing out at 32-35 psi. What I have learned just last week is that the Dewitts EOC (internal to the radiator Engine Oil Cooler) is crap and should only be used with a special Z51 c6 block off plate (thank you telling me this a year after I bought the damm kit). Anything else and the EOC acts like a restrictor to the oil pressure/flow above 3K rpm.

So I made a bypass connector and *poof*. I now have oil pressure. At 250* oil temp the psi was still at 42psi @ 3K rpm. I will be buying a larger oil cooler in the next few days to combat the 250* temps.

My current challenge is to get the engine temps down. Freeway speed is barely ok, and stop n go is down right dangerous.

For the freeway speed I’m making every effort to seal up the radiator area. Just like the OEM any air that enters into the front surface will have no where to go but through the radiator.

For the stop n’ go I will be ordering a Spall fan kit to increase the CFM up to 3300.

The REAL WORLD

I could have just as easily had LMP do this radiator work. But I made the decision that Roxxane has been away from me too long. Part of my joy is wrenching on her. I hired LMP to perform a lot of the heavy lifting, and now this will be the easy and fun stuff for me.

This phase of the project could not have happened at a better time.

“Chad are you High? If fuggin 112* outside?”

No not high. Drunk yes, but not high (why..do you got anything?) :D

One of my paramount goals is to drive snot out of this car down the drag strip, then drive on the freeway, then drive in stop n’ go traffic for 1 hour while it 125* outside . During which I have the AC blasting, stereo blasting, and the engine/oil temp is reading fine.

If she can handle that impossible, extreme, abuse scenario. She can handle anything.

Build the capacity to take on the extreme, and drive within the norms.

I dont think she will make it for the 4th of july, but Ill damm well will try.

UPDATE June 24 2009 (day 349)

Some things change. Some things remain the same.

IMAG0087.jpg

Roxxane is back home. YEA!

She is not drivable at the moment. ..yet

The push rods went in, and of to the dyno she went.

The GOOD:

Sweet Jesus this thing is fun to drive. The TQ comes on at 2K rpm and pulls right through redline. I was not looking for a High HP dyno queen but I wanted a car that had HP in a normal street driving range. And this is what she delivered.

This is only the beginning and there is PLENY of room to grow. The foundation is there. The outside temp was 107* when the pulls were done and I just grin at what she can do during December. :D

Here is a link to the Dyno sheet. Got TQ anyone?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/mrs...e/dynosheet.jpg

The BAD:

She is running hot and the oil pressure was maxing out at 32-35 psi. What I have learned just last week is that the Dewitts EOC (internal to the radiator Engine Oil Cooler) is crap and should only be used with a special Z51 c6 block off plate (thank you telling me this a year after I bought the damm kit). Anything else and the EOC acts like a restrictor to the oil pressure/flow above 3K rpm.

So I made a bypass connector and *poof*. I now have oil pressure. At 250* oil temp the psi was still at 42psi @ 3K rpm. I will be buying a larger oil cooler in the next few days to combat the 250* temps.

My current challenge is to get the engine temps down. Freeway speed is barely ok, and stop n go is down right dangerous.

For the freeway speed I’m making every effort to seal up the radiator area. Just like the OEM any air that enters into the front surface will have no where to go but through the radiator.

For the stop n’ go I will be ordering a Spall fan kit to increase the CFM up to 3300.

The REAL WORLD

I could have just as easily had LMP do this radiator work. But I made the decision that Roxxane has been away from me too long. Part of my joy is wrenching on her. I hired LMP to perform a lot of the heavy lifting, and now this will be the easy and fun stuff for me.

This phase of the project could not have happened at a better time.

“Chad are you High? If fuggin 112* outside?”

No not high. Drunk yes, but not high (why..do you got anything?) :D

One of my paramount goals is to drive snot out of this car down the drag strip, then drive on the freeway, then drive in stop n’ go traffic for 1 hour while it 125* outside . During which I have the AC blasting, stereo blasting, and the engine/oil temp is reading fine.

If she can handle that impossible, extreme, abuse scenario. She can handle anything.

Build the capacity to take on the extreme, and drive within the norms.

I dont think she will make it for the 4th of july, but Ill damm well will try.

How does it handle?

How does it handle?

I havent taken it to 100% throttle but at 70% I look like this..

Why-Kittie_Scared.jpg

Here is the oil cooler we are using on the big block with 3/8" NPT outlet. Works awesome too. We did a sandwich style oil thermostat bypass between the filter and the block. And make sure to use soft 90* bend (not the part we used, just an example) and not hard 90* bend hose fittings. The hard bends will kill your oil pressure.

Just some info you may want to look into.

And as I said before congrats on getting her home!!!!

Andrew

Guest Sidewinder

I still don't get why the hell Dewitts put an oil cooler in the radiator that is basically "unusable" in real world applications. You woulda thought that when ya bought it they woulda told ya something about how much psi, or lack of, that the cooler could handle.

Just gotta figure out how to get more air through/around the front mount intercooler that is in front of the radiator.

I still don't get why the hell Dewitts put an oil cooler in the radiator that is basically "unusable" in real world applications. You woulda thought that when ya bought it they woulda told ya something about how much psi, or lack of, that the cooler could handle.

Just gotta figure out how to get more air through/around the front mount intercooler that is in front of the radiator.

Do I see a new hood in the near future?

Welcome Home Roxanne!!!

I knew there was something I forgot... :agree :partygrnhat:

It's been way too long...didn't we have adifferent Pope when she went under the knife?

perhaps. but not soon. Im having second thoughts about adding an oil cooler at the moment.

Ill leave the piping/fittings there for 'easy' addon later, but not at the moment.

part of me wants tackle ont problem at a time to find out what works, and how much. So I can measure my sucess.

I think it's smart to get through the hot months while you're breaking the engine in. See how it goes when it's cooler out or take some drives up north. When you have a good understanding of the car by next Summer, try out some of those cooling solutions. As long as you have good oil pressure, you can manage the temps.

Can't go wrong with adding a bigger fan, though, no matter what.

perhaps. but not soon. Im having second thoughts about adding an oil cooler at the moment.

Ill leave the piping/fittings there for 'easy' addon later, but not at the moment.

part of me wants tackle ont problem at a time to find out what works, and how much. So I can measure my sucess.

one thing at a time...now that's using your head for something besides a target!

Good to see her in your garage for a change. :yesnod:thumbs

That's what I'm sayin', just get the man back in his 'vette.

Hell he was jonesing so bad he wound up in a ghey Beetle and crapstang... :facepalm:

Welcome home Roxy... :clap

Digital Disaster

I've been silently monitoring this build since I was a child, and have to say this is the automotive equivalent of the Bataan Death March.

I can't begin to fathom how much money/blood/sweat/tears/bear all parties have invested in this deal, but no doubt the results will be spectacular. Best of luck!