Detail Day

anmracing

Well, I have to light a fire and clean the car for the event at the Cards stadium on 2/11. I also know that a few members got their porter cables for Christmas and need to know how to use them responsibly (myself included).

OKay already, I understand there's some fooseball game on the 2/4 date. So, 1/28 it is. Say 10 am? Bring microfiber towels if you got them- I've always used old t-shirts which I KNOW doesn't fly with this crowd! :lol

1/28, 10am

Addy:

E Sweetwater Ave (east of PV mall)

M~

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• anmracing

• nort99

• anmracing2

I'm in for either Sunday. I'll bring my PC and having owned a blk Vette for almost 4 yrs I can probably be of some help. Not up to Dwayne or Phil but will offer any assistance I can.

Ok, January 28 is detail day at Melissa's house.

Hey Melissa, are you out there????? What time do you want to start? Lets put it on the calender.

Andrew

I pinned it and modified the title but I'm not sure how to get it on the calendar so I'll leave that to the Calender Queen, Tanya.

I wont be able to make this my wife is throwing a party for her parents 25th wedding annv.

I would love to because I really want to use my stuff I got for christmas.... :banghead

I wont be able to make this my wife is throwing a party for her parents 25th wedding annv.

I would love to because I really want to use my stuff I got for christmas.... :banghead

We'll probably be doing it sometime in the AM. She'd probably like you out of the way anyway :lol:lol

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, that sounds like a great time. I don't know how much good I would be, but I wouldn't mind hanging out a bit. Would love to come by, not sure what we have going on, but we may stop by for a few minutes. All depends on if we are able to get out of bed on Sunday while trying to recoer from Saturday! lol.

Oh wait, that is just Mark that has that problem. lol....

Is there any way to get a write up on this? I really want to learn good technique and proper equipment use. Maybe someone can shed some light on this issue. Much appreciated.

Is there any way to get a write up on this? I really want to learn good technique and proper equipment use. Maybe someone can shed some light on this issue. Much appreciated.

I can guarantee photos galore! If Dwayne talks slow enough, maybe we'll even put captions on that explain the whole thing. Or, you could just come and see for yourself....

M~

The best way to learn it is attend. I understand time constraints, family, etc. but I for one can't learn by reading. I was scared to death to buy a buffer, let alone use it. Once you see one being used you'll realize how really easy it can be. The buffer is probably the #1 thing and then the products you use would be #2 at least in my mind.

I am on call this weekend but I will try to make it. Cause I want to show off the use to be :D stealth.

hmm .. directions?

I'm always lookin to learn new tricks to keep the black bullet shiny :)

-Frank (and old t-shirts were da bomb! .. before microfiber)

hmm .. directions?

I'm always lookin to learn new tricks to keep the black bullet shiny :)

-Frank (and old t-shirts were da bomb! .. before microfiber)

Directions? you don't know google?

It's real easy....east of the 51, west of the 101, between Cactus & T-bird, off 56th St. Exit at Cactus from either freeway, turn north on 56th and west on Sweetwater (there's a light). We're south side of the street, about halfway down the street. Look for the house with loads of trees and a snowman head on the light. oh, and some vettes sitting around. And a YELLER GTO. If the driveway gets too full, we'll park across the street in the neighbors driveway again.

Good luck and hope to see you there! I think we sat by ya at Uncle Sams, but didn't really get introduced. So, hope to properly meet this go round!

M~

I would really like to attend this, but I'm going to Speedworld! :thumbs

:burnout

What's at speedworld that you can't do in Andrews driveway? :D :devil

Guest UVETTYA

I would really like to attend this, but I'm going to Speedworld! :thumbs

:burnout

What's at speedworld that you can't do in Andrews driveway? :D :devil

Good point! :lol

Just a reminder to everyone interesting in detailing their Vette. Make sure you wash it well before you come over. I don't believe there is room or time for everyone to wash and detail their Vette. With the number that have expressed interest it would take a week to do them all properly.

I would also suggest that everyone bring their PC buffers if you have them Also if you have supplies bring them as this is not a company sponsored event. I for one will share but I don't think that burden should be put on others if you've got the stuff at home.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Sunday! :thumbs

I'll be a touch late..have to go to church first...but I will bring everything I have...albeit it's not the "good" stuff. :lol