NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Ace Monthly Lunch - Uncle Sam's

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

Hi Everyone,

The A.C.E. monthly lunch for January will be a joint event with AZ-D, the Arizona DeLorean Club

Here are the details:

Saturday, January 6th 2007 at 12:00 PM 'till ?? @:

Uncle Sam's

10520 North 90th Street

Scottsdale, AZ 85258

(480) 419-1111

Take the Loop 101 freeway to Shea Blvd. Exit East onto Shea and take the first right (South) turn into the shopping plaza. Uncle Sam's is right there on the Southeast corner of Shea and that shopping plaza entrance. If you stayed on Shea and reached 90th Street, you went too far. Uncle Sam's is on the South side of Shea, right after the freeway exit. Do not Mapquest the address! No matter which Internet map you use (Mapquest, Yahoo!, Google, MSN Mappoint, etc.) It comes out wrong!

Uncle Sam's allows us to reserve parking on the East side and along the front of the restaurant, but we physically have to do it ourselves, they will not do it for us, so someone from AZ-D will try to get there as early as possible to set as many adjoining spaces aside as we can (If anyone is A.C.E. has some cones, and would like to meet there between 11:00 & 11:30 AM, let me know). When you arrive, look for the DeLoreans so we can park them and the Vettes together.

A few things to know - If you order a sandwich that comes in a half or whole, order a half. Trust me, their portions are VERY large. Also, with a group the size of ours, they will issue individual checks, but they will add the gratuity automatically, so be sure to pay attention to your bill so you do not accidentally tip twice!

If you're planning to come, please let me know by posting in this thread so I can get an approximate head count to pass along to Uncle Sam's so they will be prepared to handle us.

Thanks everyone!

Dan W.

Since this is a month away, and nobody has stepped up yet with a suggestion, I'd like to make one. My DeLorean club usually has it's monthly lunches on the second Sat. of the month, but in Jan. we are having ours on the first. We generally have it at Uncle Sam's in Scottsdale (Southeast corner of the Loop 101 & Shea), So, I am suggesting that A.C.E. and AZ-D hold their monthly lunch together on January 6th 2007 at Uncle Sam's in Scottsdale.

The food at Uncle Sam's, as you can guess, is all American including hamburgers, wings, subs, pizza, beer and New Times Best of Phoenix winning Philly cheese steaks, all VERY good. And, they give us VIP reserved parking.

I think it would be great to get our two groups together, especially considering there are Vette owners among the DeLorean club members. Plus, some A.C.E. members have been to my Uncle Sam's lunch in the past and I think the place was a hit with them. Also, the Pavilions is only a few miles away, and you'd get there in plenty of time for a good space for Corvette Saturday.

So A.C.E., what say you? If you all are good with this I'll post the details.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• anmracing2

• Eddie44

• ChadC

What about December? Are we not doing a one this month?

Today was "Corvette Saturday". It's the first Sat of the month. I'm up for Uncle Sam's next month.

What about December? Are we not doing a one this month?

Today was "Corvette Saturday". It's the first Sat of the month. I'm up for Uncle Sam's next month.

OK, guess we had it today on the Karchner run then. :D :thumbs

Robert and Elizabeth

Were cool with Uncle Sam's on the 6th of January. Just keep us posted as to time and any other changes. If no time has been iniated, how about noon as usual???

3,503 lbs of trouble

Looks like my idea has met with general approval and taken hold since it's now a sticky, so I will amend my first post at the top to include the details.

Were cool with Uncle Sam's on the 6th of January. Just keep us posted as to time and any other changes. If no time has been iniated, how about noon as usual???

We usually do 11:30 AM, and as I recall the A.C.E. lunches started at 11:30 AM in the beginning, but noon is okay too.

Dan,

We'll be there. This time I'm gonna take the day off. I liked that place. Better food than that Hooters place....

Andrew

3,503 lbs of trouble
We'll be there. This time I'm gonna take the day off. I liked that place. Better food than that Hooters place....

:thumbs

I'll take some pix for you Steve, then Dwayne can photo shop you and Marylou into some of them..... :D Maybe there's a sick day coming up for you......

Andrew

You know you've got to use those sick days or loose them Steve. The end of the year is coming up :yesnod

Guest UVETTYA
I'll take some pix for you Steve, then Dwayne can photo shop you and Marylou into some of them..... :D Maybe there's a sick day coming up for you......

Andrew

Thanks Andrew :thumbs but it looks like I'm stuck working Saturdays through the new year at least.

:toetap

• 4 weeks later...

No head count needed. It's a free for all...... :D The more the merrier...... See ya' next weekend.....

Andrew

Robert and Elizabeth

Bad News...Robert has to work that Saturday and I am recovering from pneumonia and am on home O2 (was in the hospital for 5 days). We will be unable to make the ACE Saturday luncheon on January 6th. Maybe next month. Elizabeth

Bad News...Robert has to work that Saturday and I am recovering from pneumonia and am on home O2 (was in the hospital for 5 days). We will be unable to make the ACE Saturday luncheon on January 6th. Maybe next month. Elizabeth

Oh my sorry to hear about that. Heck you just went thru some sick times. We will miss you this saturday.

Guest UVETTYA

Wow, Elizabeth, you've had your share of the hospital lately. Knock that stuff off, ok?

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Steve and Marylou

Robert and Elizabeth

Oh my sorry to hear about that. Heck you just went thru some sick times. We will missy this saturday.

I know...I know....I guess my immune system was low after the gallbladder surgery. After being back to work for only two weeks, I got strep throat, then pneumonia two days later. I had a fever of 105.4! I spent Christmas in the hospital, as a patient. It sucked. I am getting better, slowly. My endurance really took a dive with this illness, so it has been a real uphill battle just to do anything around the house. I get really winded doing small tasks. Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

Wow, Elizabeth, you've had your share of the hospital lately. Knock that stuff off, ok?

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Steve and Marylou

Thank you both for your prayers...I know I have had more than my share of hospital stays lately! I hope that 2007 is better for my health. Elizabeth