NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

The Future of ACE

Eddie44

What about bringing back "welcome to the new member thread" in the members section?  This would at least hopefully, have the new member introduced to everyone and what area of the state or country they are from.  Then they could post pics or more info if they wished.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Bromley's Corvettes

• HOXXOH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a street racing section. There are a lot of vette's that come out to the meets as they are getting pretty affordable as they age.

30 minutes ago, aAZZ said:

Have a street racing section. There are a lot of vette's that come out to the meets as they are getting pretty affordable as they age.

Check the main forum page, we do in fact have a Racing section.  Please post away  :thumbs 

3 minutes ago, TheCMSH said:

Check the main forum page, we do in fact have a Racing section.  Please post away  :thumbs 

It does say no street racing in there FYI.

2 hours ago, aAZZ said:

It does say no street racing in there FYI.

ACE does not condone the posting of street racing or "Kills" as this type of activity does not reflect who we are.

3 hours ago, aAZZ said:

We can't condone illegal activity. Do you really want to post stories or videos that could be used against you in a legal case later? 

Yeah, what those two just said...

We (ACE) really can't allow "street racing" threads for liability reasons. 

I've been continuing to lurk around, but have tapered off posting and event appearances over the last couple years. Mainly since I'm no longer working from home and my kids are getting older and becoming more active in extra curricular activities on weekends which limits my ability to appear.

There is one thing I dearly miss. When I started, my first cruise was the Annual Father's Day cruise to Sedona. It was the most fun driving I have ever had. Eddy use to champion this cruise and I know this ceased for unconfirmed reasons which I believe revolved around getting stiffed for lunch bills in the end, AND finding decent restaurants that could possible handle the influx of 50+ vehicles and hungry ACEholes all at once.

In its absence, I have continued this cruise with only my own children, alternating the year in which each gets to go with Dad on the Annual Father's Day cruise, typically now, only to Prescott since we liked sleeping in and not leaving until later.

I intend to resurrect this historic cruise, but instead, modify the lunch destination while retaining the Sedona venue.  What I propose is to make this the new Annual Father's Day Sedona cruise and picnic.  Still an awesome cruise on the spirited 89/89A route where all ACEholes are encouraged to bring a blanket, chair, and a sack lunch to be held in one of the public parks. Or, grab some fast food once you get there and eat with ACE in the park.

I have yet to identify an adequate park that is near the 89A route area (or further south), that can accommodate enough parking for a noon-ish event.  Please let me know if you've been to, or have heard of, any nearby public park area that might handle this capacity.  It's possible we could even reserve ramada's or picnic table areas to lock in a spot and collect donations to fund the rental with excess going to the ACE coffers.

Stay tuned, ACEholes... I'm trying to make a comeback!

Peace n' Love,

theChad

theChad = Back like a boss

I love the idea man, pack a cooler with what you want and avoid the restaurant hassle.  Might be easier to find someplace in Cottonwood maybe?  Stop there for lunch and then continue the drive through to Sedona, or if others want to break off they can head out 260

theChad comes thru!  I love the idea!  I have a buddy in Cottonwood that would be a great resource. I'll check with him for parks.  I'll let you know. 

43 minutes ago, Eddie44 said:

theChad comes thru!  I love the idea!  I have a buddy in Cottonwood that would be a great resource. I'll check with him for parks.  I'll let you know. 

Awesome! I like any area near the route destination that has enough room and options for several drivers choice return trips. This cruise is now something that my kids look forward to, and sometimes fight over who's turn, every year!

Thanks for the suggestion, TheCMSH, and I appreciate the parallel venue effort, Eddie!

On 3/2/2016 at 1:06 PM, HOXXOH said:

I have an event in the works for March 26th, so keep that date open for the moment. I'll confirm in a couple days.

OK, the event changed to April 9th and details will be posted on the Events page today.

On 2/28/2016 at 11:08 AM, HOXXOH said:

Never one to be short of an opinion on most subjects, I'll quickly offer this:

Food events (breakfast, lunch, or dinner) would be more enjoyable if another event of any kind was the main event and food was merely the supplement that followed (preferably) or preceded. The present lunch format of gather, eat, and run, has the main theme being food, which once devoured leaves the stomach full, but the purpose of the gathering somewhat empty.

I agree, especially when its a 2 hr drive there and two hours back. It would be nice if the "old guard" would come up and introduce them selves to the new members who may have seen their post on the forum but have no idea who they are. 

On 2/29/2016 at 11:50 PM, Desertdawg said:

FB has very little to no ACE, sure your family and friends are on there but the interaction and friendship that we shared here is gone. 

I've  clicked "like" a few times and I've even commented on a couple of things. But the interaction is dead and conversations like we would have on ACE are non-existent. 

Dawg, you know I love ya like a brother, but may be this could be part of the problem....

Dwayne Tomko Come join the forum and become a real ACE member 
http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/

A place for our members to discuss non-Corvette related topics. Please do keep things clean and civil. Off Topic does not mean anything goes!
ARIZONACORVETTEENTHUSIASTS.NET

When Shamrock Keil posted to the Facebook page that he just bought his 1st corvette (with pics), instead of welcoming him and complimenting him on his purchase of a Nice C4 you posted this. I am sure he was excited about his purchase and probably  did a Facebook search for corvette's to see what he could find. Your response sounds more like a challenge to his man hood. You guys said you were thick skinned. lol 

On 3/2/2016 at 11:49 AM, Eddie44 said:

I would only add that if anyone feels like an outsider its there own fault. Step up intro yourself and participate in conversation.  Realize it may take multiple attempts but eventually you'll be ACE family.  Look around at events and you'll see six more people feeling the same way.  

If you're trying to get new members and more involvement, shouldn't you be introducing your self and welcoming them? Just saying.....

On 3/2/2016 at 0:20 PM, aenigma said:

Eddie, this is a forum for you thick skinned moderators.  Get some skin!  you want to know why - not only I have mentioned the cliques, our own commish says this isn't the first time it's been mentioned, and several others have said it already on this forum, and you respond with it's our own fault. 

No one wants to keep attempting until you actually talk to us. y'all aren't all that cool that we yearn to be accepted.  Ok maybe some of you are that cool ?.   A lot of us are simply vette owners who want to get out and not worry about the bullshit of our jobs or whatever we're dealing with all week. We don't want to worry about being accepted. We just want to have fun and meet people and talk about cars and how fast we just went, and what cop we dodged or our latest mod or advice. 

We don't want to spend our times attempting to clique until we're finally in! We are all equal. If you run this thing, you're way cool. You deserve lots of credit. Running clubs is hard work - been there done that - it's thankless at times. I've been a volunteer with thankless groups my whole life. But if you want help and involvement from the misfits, then shutting them out doesn't help. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, PALADIN said:

Dawg, you know I love ya like a brother, but may be this could be part of the problem....

Dwayne Tomko Come join the forum and become a real ACE member 
http://www.arizonacorvetteenthusiasts.net/

A place for our members to discuss non-Corvette related topics. Please do keep things clean and civil. Off Topic does not mean anything goes!
ARIZONACORVETTEENTHUSIASTS.NET

When Shamrock Keil posted to the Facebook page that he just bought his 1st corvette (with pics), instead of welcoming him and complimenting him on his purchase of a Nice C4 you posted this. I am sure he was excited about his purchase and probably  did a Facebook search for corvette's to see what he could find. Your response sounds more like a challenge to his man hood. You guys said you were thick skinned. lol 

Some ACE members are not on Facebook and never will be.  Facebook does not have the same technical functionality as the forum (such as the ability to maintain the technical section with years worth of posts that can be searched for items of interest).  If we migrate to Facebook, we would lose that functionality as well as losing all our members who don't do Facebook.  Attempting to have an equal presence in both locations is not only impractical and unmanageable, but would divide the forum membership - which is the LAST thing we need.

Because of the above, we are trying to use our Facebook presence to let folks know we are here, and to encourage them to come to this forum, which is where ACE lives.  New members who post up on the ACE forum are welcomed.  I can't speak for others, at every ACE event I attend, I try to meet every new face and welcome them.  Sometimes I fail if there are a lot of new folks, but I do try. 

As moderators, we are responsible for maintaining this forum.  However, making new members feel welcome is the responsibility of EVERY ACE member, whether you've been here 10 years or 10 months.  In ACE, you pretty much get out what you put in.  

That's fine, all I am saying is you could welcome him before inviting him to the forum. Obviously he was there and took the time to post his comment.

Sorry for the late response. Plumbing all weekend. 

I will echo what Donna said. We want members on the forums. The ability to communicate here is way more engaging than on FB. If I had posted to Shamrock, cool car.  It would have died there. If he joins the forum and posts his new ride here he'll get a page or two of welcomes and cool ride posts. im not saying that. Can't happen there, I've just never seen it ...

question his manhood ??? Yeah by telling him to join the forum is such an obvious slap in the face to his manhood. (But at least he Wouldnt be considered pedophile by posting here instead of there ) :lol 

Ill also agree with Donna. The admins and moderators are not ACE. We have these titles to run the forum. We are not in charge of ACE nor are we better or rulers over the members. 

• 2 weeks later...
On Friday, March 04, 2016 at 6:40 PM, theChad said:

Awesome! I like any area near the route destination that has enough room and options for several drivers choice return trips. This cruise is now something that my kids look forward to, and sometimes fight over who's turn, every year!

Thanks for the suggestion, TheCMSH, and I appreciate the parallel venue effort, Eddie!

So, what Is status on this effort?

My Cottonwood contact says Dead Horse State Park would be his suggestion. I emailed Keith of KnKAyotte who is an ACE member and was a State Parks Ranger.  No reply.  Anyone have time to research reserving ramadas there?  

coconut girl

I can find out more if you want. I can drive over there and check out the park next weekend and find the best spot.

This park might work really well.

You can fish. I have 5 kayaks I could bring if I can find someone to drive my truck over.

You can even camp. I always want to do a Corvette Camp out.

http://www.azstateparks.com/parks/DEHO/downloads/DEHO_Park_Map.pdf

http://azstateparks.com/Parks/DEHO/index.html#fees