NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE 10th Anniversary

Ted Y

I mean we need the real vettes (the RED ones) to dominate the pic.

Is this your attempt to get a red vette in front of the crowd for the first time?

Probably would not be the 1st time. Look at the pic posted at the top of each of our forum pages, the one with all the vette generations and the ACE logo. If I'm not mistaken, that is a RED C7 leading the pack. Wonder who put that there? :laughing gut bustin:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• C4orce2

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Grape Ape

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest badbobs95

I have a request. Would anyone like to be the designated photographer for our little photo shoot? I don't think my little camera phone will suffice. Maybe Marco will grace us with his whirlybird thingy and do a video too.

One last idea, should we get this thing catered (picnic style) or go somewhere for lunch?

Larry, no more orange jokes today! I'm trying so hard to be serious.

I signed up for the Payson car show.was planning on going from my cabin . May be able to reschedule

yEs red c7'S usually lead the group.

You should cruise at the back with Larry, if you cruise up front we will all laugh at your ugly tail lights ...

One last idea, should we get this thing catered (picnic style) or go somewhere for lunch?

I recommend going somewhere. Catered means having a solid headcount and collecting funds in advance. That does not work well with this group.

Restaurant with separate checks works and an approximate head count provided to the restaurant at least 5 to 6 days out seems to work pretty well. . .

I would be more than happy to provide "photo services" if the event is NOT held on a Saturday. I have commitments for Saturdays and cannot change that.

I can shoot both digital, as well as 35mm film (my favorite), with the film shots being developed and placed on a Disc so they may be placed into a digital format. I have been shooting "semi-pro" since 1970, so I have the experience.

Let me know, Bob, if the Anniversary Get Together is anything other than a Sunday would you? That way I can be prepared. Shucks, I may even go out and buy a Digital Camera Body to go with my collection of lenses!!

Good luck!

PS: What about Lake Pleasant? I understand that DILLON'S Restaurant is now out there - they have GREAT BBQ, and do catering (at least they did when they were located at Sun City Grand) and I believe they also have "beverage services". Not sure about the amount of parking area they have, tho....................... I also don't know if Lake Pleasant is considered a "scenic area"? (haven't been there yet).

Also, perhaps the trip (going or coming) could route through Tonopah (Vulture Mine Rd,), OR Congress & Yarnell - all easily incorporated into a start/finish at Dillon's...............???

just sayin........

I mean we need the real vettes (the RED ones) to dominate the pic.

Is this your attempt to get a red vette in front of the crowd for the first time?

Probably would not be the 1st time. Look at the pic posted at the top of each of our forum pages, the one with all the vette generations and the ACE logo. If I'm not mistaken, that is a RED C7 leading the pack. Wonder who put that there? :laughing gut bustin:

Larry, looks like the C7 is losing in that banner pic. Seems the C1 is in first place...so RED IS LAST in this case.

We won't be able to make the 10th. We are out of town that weekend. :(

Make it a good one folks and take lots of pics for me to see. :thumbs

Chey and I are in for May 10th.

Can't Chey come by herself? :sorry: I had to! :jim:

She can't because you make her uncomfortable Bob. :snky:

Guest badbobs95

Update is coming soon. We are trying to get the pavilion at South Mountain reserved today. Have patience, I'm old. :boobies:

Guest badbobs95

Here we go folks, the venue has been set at Estrella Mountain Regional Park. The actual address is

14805 W. Vineyard Ave, Goodyear 85338.

Date: Saturday May 10th at the "Navy area north" plenty of tables, trees and close to the restrooms. This is their largest area for a party like ours with lots of parking.

There is a fee of $6.00 per car (let me know if you can't afford this) and I'll help you. :boobies:

We can meet at Costco on 99th Ave just north of McDowell at 10:30 because we need the morning light for photos then pull in together. If you want to set a meeting spot from the north and west, please do so. People from the east will meet at AZ Mills by El Pollo Loco at 9:45 to leave by 10:00.

Andrew's mother has volunteered to provide us with chicken, pork, and beef to make your own tacos along with lemonade and other beverages. A donation jar will be out so if you eat like a pig, donate like a pig! :laughing gut bustin:

Will someone more intelligent than me please start a new thread for people to sign up so we can get an approximate # of people.

Lastly, does anyone have a camera with a wide angle lens! Please volunteer, you won't be held accountable for quality of pictures.

Come and help us celebrate ten years of feuding, :at wits end: complaining, :armed: detailing, modding, and making fun of Marco! :bannana4:

Thread locked due to conversation about location other than Estrella Park. Limit confusion.