NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

ACE 10th Anniversary

Ted Y

This forum was founded on April 10, 2004. The 10 year anniversay date of ACE is approaching. April 12th is a Saturday and nothing is yet on the calendar.

I would like to ask the membership if there are any ideas for a "special event", trip, or dinner for this occasion.

Let's hear what you all think!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• C4orce2

• Desertdawg

• Eddie44

• Grape Ape

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Topless cruise then epic photo op somewhere

I like the idea of an epic group photo. Some place symbolic of AZ would be my suggestion.

If we want a big turnout, we probably need to keep it somewhat local. Maybe Papago Park (hard to get an area where we can park a lot of cars for a pic) or even Corvette Performance. I'm sure Bruce would love to have his shop in the background of a new ACE photo and his lot could hold a lot of cars. Not very scenic though. We need someplace where we could park 100 plus cars like maybe a parking lot at the Univ of Phx stadium with the stadium in the background. Then we could hit one of the spots in the area for lunch.

post-19-0-60259500-1393079039_thumb.jpg Hers one we did years ago. I think with some of the photogs we have now it could be done better.

Being this IS Arizona, is there any way we could park all the cars in front of the Capital building downtown with the big copper dome, and get a photo of that? (Obviously, that's pending nobody would get mugged or shot while we were down there) Lol Or a picture by the USS Arizona anchor memorial. (I have no idea whether either of those places would accommodate a bunch of cars for pictures)

We could probably use one of the remote parking lots out at West World .. and have the desert background ....??? I will check out a couple early next week ....???

We could probably use one of the remote parking lots out at West World .. and have the desert background ....??? I will check out a couple early next week ....???

That is thinking with yer dipstick Jimmy..........er........Hal. Like that idea, be super cool if we could do it on the grass too with teh big horse in the background or something

Guest badbobs95

I just talked to Adam and he had a another possible idea. How about if I call the Fountain Hills Chamber and see if we could get permission to do it there with the fountain in the background? I'll call on Monday and see. Stay tuned!

do it on the grass with teh big horse

WTF?????

Actually, there was ACE a few years before this forum started...just sayin' :ACE:

Oh shut up... :lol Maybe we could use a new piece of interstate somewhere before it's opened. Add a drive by video heheheh!

South Mountain? All the way in the top of the mountain.U get the Vettes n the whole valley. They also have grills. Hamburgers, hot dogs etc. Plus lots of room to park

• 2 weeks later...

any chance of doing another celebration on April 9th (Wednesday evening)?

I will be in Phoenix from 4/6 to 4/10 for a business meeting and I the afternoon and evening of 4/9 available and would like to meet up for dinner with some of my ol' ACE friends and to meet some of the new ACE members.

I will open another topic for that dinner but thought I would post here as well.

I would like to attend so pick a Spot unless it is another country I will be there........

Can we get something nailed down today for this? I need to send out the newsletter.