NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

1st Annual Ace Phoenix Childrens Hospital Car Show

ICULUKN

Contacted Heritage Sq. / City of Phoenix Operations and will let you know when I hear back from them...8am/Tues.

Your not going to believe this Andrew - same tire on spare set has slow leak. I swear people are throwing boxes of nails out their windows when the drive.

Michael

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• anmracing2

• F22trainer

• Desertdawg

I talked with Heritage manager yesterday and will meet with her today sometime...

she mentioned there is a fee...oh snap!

stay tuned.

Michael

Here's the basic scoop:

Private rental of the Heritage Square would normally run $1200 for 8 hours + 1 staff person @ $16 p/hr. Because we are doing a benefit, we may be able to get the "non-profit" rate, which is $600 for the 8 hr + the staff person. That would break down to $30 per car, assuming we have 20 cars...I believe we can have as many as 50. If we could get 40 - it would only be $15 per car.

I still have a final meeting, TBA, with the Rec Coordinator who was still out of town for my visit today.

As far as competing with Barret-Jackson, I just don't know. But I think it would be a great alternative for those who might be attending B-J other times, and if anyone has any advertising clout - now would be a good time to step up...I am going to test the water with our PR/Marketing Dept. to see if they might cough up a TV spot with 3TV.

So let me hear some feedback. I am optimistic we can get the "non-profit" rate.

Michael

Here's the basic scoop:

Private rental of the Heritage Square would normally run $1200 for 8 hours + 1 staff person @ $16 p/hr. Because we are doing a benefit, we may be able to get the "non-profit" rate, which is $600 for the 8 hr + the staff person. That would break down to $30 per car, assuming we have 20 cars...I believe we can have as many as 50. If we could get 40 - it would only be $15 per car.

I still have a final meeting, TBA, with the Rec Coordinator who was still out of town for my visit today.

As far as competing with Barret-Jackson, I just don't know. But I think it would be a great alternative for those who might be attending B-J other times, and if anyone has any advertising clout - now would be a good time to step up...I am going to test the water with our PR/Marketing Dept. to see if they might cough up a TV spot with 3TV.

So let me hear some feedback. I am optimistic we can get the "non-profit" rate.

Michael

Well, we'd need to go ahead and charge the $30 to make any money for Phx Children's. I think that is the amount Glenn was hoping to charge anyhow. What are the rules for other activities on site? I'm thinking if we do some sort of raffle (multiple prizes) or maybe find a hot dog cart guy - other ways to increase revenue for the actual charity.

How many cars fit there again?

M~

3,503 lbs of trouble
30.00 a car only covered our cost of trophies, and the ability to give money to the foundation.

We would have to change 60.00 per car to enter to make this a good show. That is too much IMO.

Let me continue to check around to see where else we can go, that doesnt have a fee.

I still suggest looking into holding it at the 5 & Diner off of I10 at Warner. As I mentioned, I participated in a charity car show there once with my Vette, and I really liked the venue. It has a pretty good parking lot layout for a car show of this size.

30.00 a car only covered our cost of trophies, and the ability to give money to the foundation.

We would have to change 60.00 per car to enter to make this a good show. That is too much IMO.

Let me continue to check around to see where else we can go, that doesnt have a fee.

I'm sure with this much lead time they would not mind putting up some advertising within their stores for the benefit...

we want it busy right? Aren't we looking for donations from the public as well?

I tend to agree with you Glen - seemed a bit high to me as well and thought we might get a better price break or I wouldn't have suggested "The Square"

I'm in as long as it's not during the Barret Jackson auction.

we want it busy right? Aren't we looking for donations from the public as well?

uhhhh...

nevermind - I need more coffee.

What about Eddie's bank parking lot idea? He said sundays work since the bank is closed.....could be/should be free?

Oh, and if it's B-J weekend, we might not be able to help out. I know we hit the auction at least one weekend day each year. We would really like to be involved though. :yesnod

M~

I have never participated in an event of this nature before. My wife's a nurse at PCH and if it is all about the kids, you can count me in.

Warren

I have never participated in an event of this nature before. My wife's a nurse at PCH and if it is all about the kids, you can count me in.

Warren

To bad PCH isn't that cooperative, it would be nice to hold it there where the kids can come out and see the cars... That was part of the benefit of this show to begin with...

• 3 weeks later...

I have attended various car shows that are held at car dealers such as Chapmans, Thorobred , Power Chevrolet etc. Maybe Freeway Chevrolet would be interested in show. They are on I10, close to everything and easy to get to. The shows are usually on Sundays, slow day of car sales. Maybe a quick call the General Manager would be worth while. Also, my think about February as there are two car show in Casa Grande in January the 13th and 20th. plus Barret-Jackson. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I think January 28th would be perfect....

Eddie, Phil, Dan, Dwayne,

You guys have a PM. Let me know what you think. PM me back or give me a call. 602/762.0348

Andrew

Robert and Elizabeth

If it is the 28th of January, then we are out because I work that weekend. Elizabeth

• 4 weeks later...

Glenn, do you have anything to do with this???? or was it just coincidence ????

Quoted from email.

Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts - Phx

This E-mail is coming to you as a personal invitation to attend the First

Annual fund raiser event for Phoenix Children's Hospital on March 10th. This

event is sponsored by the Rotary Club of North Phoenix. Join over 75,000

attendees and over 500 types of vehicles that will attend this event.

Registration is only $35.00 per car, includes gate admission for that day.

Click on "The Cars" on our web site http://www.AZKidsCount.ORG to register

and more information

For a downloadable Arizona Kids Count Flyer and Registration Form - click on

http://www.cruisinarizona.com/flyers/031007kids.pdf

If you would like more information on the Arizona Kids Count Event contact

Robert Woltz at 480-495-8600, email mailto:Robert.W@AZKidsCount.ORG or click

on http://www.AZKidsCount.ORG]

Nope.. that is not me..

I am still looking on putting on this event, however it will probably be March now instead of Jan.