6L80 transmission woe's

Desertdawg

The stall comes as part of the package, I'm pretty sure they can't split it up. so where else would i be able to sell it?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• RRbob

• HOXXOH

• MOTV8

The stall comes as part of the package, I'm pretty sure they can't split it up. so where else would i be able to sell it?

There were two guys on the big board just last week that were planning on changing fluid and buying a new stock converter. You know the type that never exceed the speed limit and wipe the brake dust off the wheels every time they shut the engine off? Them's the ones.

I'll know in the morning if Coulter will sell me the tranny without the torque converter, or how much the restocking is. Then I'll order this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-13-CORVETTE-C6-AUTOMATIC-6-SPEED-TRANSMISSION-6L80E-11K-MILES-/191048566115 The other crappy thing would be the week to 10 day order time for a converter...

You don't know the life that trans had in 11k miles. What if they drove it like you or I drive? What if a hack messed with the trans tune? Risky bidness thems used parts.

You aren't seriously thinking about buying a used transmission are you???? How do you know that one didn't have the same issues yours did?

You don't know the life that trans had in 11k miles. What if they drove it like you or I drive? What if a hack messed with the trans tune? Risky bidness thems used parts.

Hey don't so loosely throw around the hack term. I proudly earned that title and I'll be damned if someone so easily gets that title too ;) but in all seriousness I would probably pass on a used auto unless I wanted to build it and have it ready to swap to minimize down time.

Well, restocking fee plus return shipping = OUCH! So what's a stock torque converter worth? I'll go list it and see if it will sell. I'll give it a day or so then just install it if it doesn't sell.

There were two guys on the big board just last week that were planning on changing fluid and buying a new stock converter.

Were are thier posts, I can't find them???

You better put that convertor in before RRBob destroys you at the dragstrip with his Atomic Orange LS2 car...just sayin' :thumbs

Thanks guys for the tranny builder suggestions. Mine isn't broke yet and after 17 years from the last rebuild it's still working fine, but it's all part of the mods I'll be doing. Thanks again. FWIW, I like Yank TCs and will be getting a newer one on this rebuild. :P

Thanks guys for the tranny builder suggestions. Mine isn't broke yet and after 17 years from the last rebuild it's still working fine, but it's all part of the mods I'll be doing. Thanks again. FWIW, I like Yank TCs and will be getting a newer one on this rebuild. :P

Maybe we could get a discount if we bring them 2 at the same time? I know my 700R4 could use some freshening up.

There were two guys on the big board just last week that were planning on changing fluid and buying a new stock converter.

Were are thier posts, I can't find them???

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3400876-in-for-repair-bearing-noise-fyi-easy-care.html

Post numbers 16 and 18

Ask Ed what the TC retails and wholesales for. I'll ship it for you, if you can't get a decent price elsewhere.

Maybe we could get a discount if we bring them 2 at the same time? I know my 700R4 could use some freshening up.

That might work Michael. I'm wanting a rather extensive build this time, so we'll see and I'll ask about two tranny's.

That might work Michael. I'm wanting a rather extensive build this time, so we'll see and I'll ask about two tranny's.
He said tranny's...Andrew may be lurking. I'll get busy on my tax refund!

Just to update. The tranny is being installed. (Ed rocks for factory parts) NicD says there is a new tune that he will load. Yes I am installing a torque converter. Yes it's the stock one. And I'm adding a tranny cooler. And all the rear A arm bushings and tie rods are being replaced. Hopefully we get it home soon.

Good news Dwayne ,,,,, hopefully you'll have no other issues and be able to enjoy that awesome hot rod !!!

Just to update. The tranny is being installed. (Ed rocks for factory parts) NicD says there is a new tune that he will load. Yes I am installing a torque converter. Yes it's the stock one. And I'm adding a tranny cooler. And all the rear A arm bushings and tie rods are being replaced. Hopefully we get it home soon.

Patience young Jedi, all will be right in the universe. More than happy to buzz over to LPM & give it a test drive for ya. That's what brothers do :thumbs

The thing about all this is all the work and money with NO pretty parts installed nor performance gains...this makes me sad!!!

The thing about all this is all the work and money with NO pretty parts installed nor performance gains...this makes me sad!!!

What do ya mean, it'll perform a lot better than after he went thru that school zone :lol

It’s all good!

Glad to see it’s all going to be coming back together for you.

Well I finally had time yesterday to get her home. LPM did a wonderful job taking care of the work. The tranny does just what it's supposed to do now, shift... The tranny cooler really helps, even yesterday with it only 80 degrees out. In traffic temp went to 175. Out on the open road it dropped to 135 with 70 outside temp. Anyone with an auto should look into adding one. The rear suspension now feels nice and solid. I had to laugh at how sloppy it was getting without me noticing it. Now it's rock solid. They did the upper and lower arms because all the bushings had play the passenger tierod cluncked so they replaced all those too. Thanks LPM for taking me in and getting it fixed fast. Thanks Ed at Coulter Cadillac for the cool discount off the price of a replacement transmission. And whoever swapped out Thier Z06 mufflers and rear pipes. Thanks cause I got those too :lol