NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Secc Drivers' Education Event; Sunday, October 8th, 2006

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

Great pic's as always. It was nice of marylou to take my picture as your big horses blew by my little ponies.

:bang :D

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nort99

• 1EvilC5

• MOTV8

• anmracing

Guest Steve Mulvey
Wow, that sounds great Steve. Set it up on a Sunday and I'll be there. Take a look at my vids and tell me what I'm doing wrong. :thumbs

http://snirk.phanfare.com/album/129380

Is there any particular game you would recommend that might actually help me learn real world skills?

Steve

Sadly, the games are useless for real world driving, but they are fun.. I will start a new thread for the slot car challenge!

Guest UVETTYA
Damn great in car vids.... :thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

Thanks Dawg. Yeah, Marylou did an AWESOME job, didn't she? :clap:clap:clap You really don't get a feel for what it's really like, just watching the videos. The last 3 or 4 laps I was feeling really comfortable and we were on the hairy edge all the way around. I pushed it as hard as I could. I could hear tires squealing a lot and we broke traction often accelerating out of the turns. Maybe when I get better that won't happen :lol but you can hear it a little in the vids. You really need to experience this first hand to appreciate just how much fun it is. This is what these cars were really meant to do and it totally amazes me how well mine performed for me. And it's stock other than headers and exhaust! :thumbs I can't wait for the next one. :yesnod

Guest UVETTYA
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to do this soooooooooooooooooooooo bad!

And you will LOVE it, I know. Trust me Tanya, this is the most fun you can have with your clothes on!! :lol:lol:lol

Joe says they'll be doing another one in a month so save your pennies. :thumbs

Guest UVETTYA
Great pic's as always. It was nice of marylou to take my picture as your big horses blew by my little ponies.

:bang :D

I know how you feel. Ken did the same thing to me with his torque monster. :bang

Guest UVETTYA
Sadly, the games are useless for real world driving, but they are fun.. I will start a new thread for the slot car challenge!

I used to race 1/32 scale slot cars when I was a kid, 40+ yrs ago. There was a very long 8 lane track in my home town in a big warehouse size hobby shop with some serious banking and I spent a lot of time and money there. I took my cars to a track here in Phx about 7 or 8 yrs ago and everything was different. The cars, the track, the technology. My old rheostat controller fried their system so they asked me to leave. :eek

Guest Steve Mulvey

I raced the slot cars 40 years ago too! I have an HO 4 lane set at my house, perhaps we will have a Sunday thing... In other news, how do you guys feel about travelling to use a track? I am part of a group that rents Buttonwillow every once in a while. It is pretty big, like 3 miles or so around and has no walls except on the pit straight. Would anyone be interested? That being said, I will check with Firebird and see how much it is. I know a bunch of Cobra guys you could humiliate... might be fun to re-live the 60's with the shoe on the other foot... I will get pricing..

Steve

:clap Great vids Steve! That looked like a blast. But dude, that 70's era open face helmet has got to go...next time you should also borrow MY helmet! Ya know, to look professional! :devil

P.S. Did you ever dust that silver Ferrari?

:clap Great vids Steve! That looked like a blast. But dude, that 70's era open face helmet has got to go...next time you should also borrow MY helmet! Ya know, to look professional! :devil

P.S. Did you ever dust that silver Ferrari?

Yes on the Ferrari, on their final lap he passed him.

Guest UVETTYA

We ran out of memory card the last few laps of the last session or you would have seen them blue flag the Ferrari - and the Ariel Atom and a Mercedes. I couldn't catch the Ferrari or the Atom on the long straight, in fact the Ferrari put a couple cars on me, but I was pushing both of them through the turns. :yesnod

Hey Phil, when do we get to see the vids you took? :toetap

Hey Phil, when do we get to see the vids you took? :toetap

I am working on it, my new laptop is not working with the old capture device I have. Will give it one more try tonight. If that does not work, I might have to go out and buy a new capture device. :cfdeadagain

GREAT JOB Phil :D Oh yea got me sweateeeeeeee again. Great shot of Steve sucking me up his exhaust. My little gal held in there pretty good. Thanks again for your work. I am sure I will watch it a few time over and over. :D

Guest UVETTYA

YEAH BUDDY! Great vid Phil! Thanks for sharing!

My palms are sweaty after watching that. :lol

That was a great session. Not many cars and we were spaced out pretty good most of the race.

Do you mind if I add this to my web site?

Now excuse me while I go watch it again... :lol

Glad you guys enjoyed watching yourselves on Video. It sounds like you are reliving the moment once again. Very Cool. :cool

Steve yes you can add to your website.

I watched it on my Big Screen High Definition TV when I got home Sunday. All I kept saying to myself, was why did I not sign up to do it. Hopefully next time I will.

Enjoy the video, over and over and over again.

Phil... :devil

I had some fluid What I think was Dif lube leave my car after about 15 minutes on each run on the track. Smoke would come out the back from it getting on the exhaust. It would not do it again until at about 15 minutes of running hard on the track, then do it again? After playing at Firebird, drove home wiped her down and put a drip pan unter the diff. It dropped maybe five drops, the same night. Cleaned the pan and have drove her now several times and no more leaking. Had the oil changed at mr good wrench and ask them to check my diff level said they would, BUt they found out they no way to get the plug out so they said. So I still don't know just low it is or if that is really where it came from. It is not dripping any more hope I did not blow it all out.... That would not be good. I don't think that happened. Guess I am going to have to get her on some ramps so I can get under her and see what is going on. I have no ramps at the moment, anybody out there who could help me out? Thanks.

Guest Steve Mulvey
I had some fluid What I think was Dif lube leave my car after about 15 minutes on each run on the track. Smoke would come out the back from it getting on the exhaust. It would not do it again until at about 15 minutes of running hard on the track, then do it again? After playing at Firebird, drove home wiped her down and put a drip pan unter the diff. It dropped maybe five drops, the same night. Cleaned the pan and have drove her now several times and no more leaking. Had the oil changed at mr good wrench and ask them to check my diff level said they would, BUt they found out they no way to get the plug out so they said. So I still don't know just low it is or if that is really where it came from. It is not dripping any more hope I did not blow it all out.... That would not be good. I don't think that happened. Guess I am going to have to get her on some ramps so I can get under her and see what is going on. I have no ramps at the moment, anybody out there who could help me out? Thanks.

I have a 3 car garage that only has cars and tools in it (strange I know but no children at home) and I have 2 floor jacks, jack stands ,catch pans , a giant air compressor and air tools, creepers, you get the idea... If you want to bring your car over, we can lift it up and check it out. 602 228 3911... I love the smell of burned diff fluid! Smells like victory! Bring a gasket and the Deltron and we can change it even if the cover has to come off... I have excellent torque wrenches too...

Steve

I have a 3 car garage that only has cars and tools in it (strange I know but no children at home) and I have 2 floor jacks, jack stands ,catch pans , a giant air compressor and air tools, creepers, you get the idea... If you want to bring your car over, we can lift it up and check it out. 602 228 3911... I love the smell of burned diff fluid! Smells like victory! Bring a gasket and the Deltron and we can change it even if the cover has to come off... I have excellent torque wrenches too...

Steve

Thanks Steve, for the help. I really appreciate the offer. I will see you tomorrow liked we talked about around 10. Once again thanks.

Mike