NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Secc Drivers' Education Event; Sunday, October 8th, 2006

Guest joe@scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com

I'm proud to announce the SECC's next Drivers' Education Event on Sunday, October 8th at Firebird Raceway in Chandler. This event will be held from 10am - 5pm. The track we are running on is Firebird Main.

If you have never been on a roadcourse and are worried about hurting your vehicle, don't be,one of the reasons that we chose this track is because it is so forgiving, with a lot of run off space.We'll put you in a run group with people with skill levels, so they'll be no worries. We've also got extremely skilled instructors/safety personnel. This track has a long straightaway that will allow you to really open your vehicle up!

With this being the first track event of the season, slots are sure to fill up fast, so register today while space is still available!

Invite your friends and family to come as well.

See this link for more details:

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/108trackday.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nort99

• 1EvilC5

• MOTV8

• anmracing

Joe, thanks for the invite! I'm registered and paid. It's time I learned to drive. Ya-hoo!! I can't wait!

For those of you who have never been to a SECC event, allow me to say they are a most excellent, fun loving group of people. I've been on several of their cruises as a guest and the people are down to earth, friendly and just cool to hang out with. A lot like A.C.E. -- they're all car enthusiasts -- their cars just cost a LOT more. :yesnod

Thanks again for the invite Joe! :cheers

im on the fence with this one.

Im kindof intimated.

...any one else going?

I would love to...but...I'm trying to figure this vibration thing out, my truck needs a new water pump, the wife's Durango needs a power steering pump and tires...and to top it all off, i'm trying to figure out how to pay for it all. :banghead

im on the fence with this one.

Im kindof intimated. :D

...any one else going?

Don't feel intimidated. The event is for all levels of drivers. I registered as a beginner because I've never had my car on a track... other than PIR (Payson International Raceway). :lol I'm looking forward to having an instructor in the car with me. :yesnod

The big day is less than 10 days away! It's the SECC's 3rd Drivers' Education Event on Sunday, October 8th at Firebird Raceway in Chandler. This event will be held from 8:30 - 5:30. The track we are running on is the Firebird Main Roadcourse.

To those of you who have registered and paid, thank you very much, we look forward to seeing you on the 8th!!

Driver's slots are filling up fast, so if you haven't already registered, make sure to do now, as space is limited! Once all slots are filled, registration will be permanently closed, with no exceptions. Also note our new fee schedule that rewards early registrations.

Go to this link to register online:

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/326trackdayorder.html

Registration starts at 8:30am sharp, with a mandatory drivers meeting immediately following.

This promises to be a great event so invite your friends and family to come as well.

See this link for more details:

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/108trackday.html

See you on the 8th!

• 2 weeks later...

Getting read to leave for firebird. Hope I have lots of fun today, and don't bring her back on a truck.. :D Oh my did I say that?

Well Hell I did have a bunch of fun, and I drove her back home. :D

What a fun day. Running 125 on the straight away and then brake her down for all the s's on the back side then back up to to all you can stand until it is time to hit the brakes again or not if got big gonads. What fun it was running with porsche, ferrari, lambergini or how ever you spell that, and many others. We got plenty of track time in. I took my son-in-law with me and he rode shotgun and took the video's. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks Joe for the invite. :D

Oh yea Steve did blow by me on the straight away, I missed a shift. :bang

What a fun day. Running 125 on the straight away and then brake her down for all the s's on the back side then back up to to all you can stand until it is time to hit the brakes again or not if got big gonads. What fun it was running with porsche, ferrari, lambergini or how ever you spell that, and many others. We got plenty of track time in. I took my son-in-law with me and he rode shotgun and took the video's. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks Joe for the invite. :D

How unfortunate you missed a shift, you could have gave him a run for his money down the staight away. :smilelol:smilelol

How unfortunate you missed a shift, you could have gave him a run for his money down the staight away. :smilelol:smilelol

Humm did I say that? :3gears::burnout2 :laugh: :clap

Guest UVETTYA

Oh yea Steve did blow me on the straight away, I missed a shift. :bang

:eek:eek You're going to edit that last sentence, right? :huh

Yes, it was a great time! I can't begin to tell you how much fun this was. I took it kinda easy for the first couple of sessions but that crap didn't last long. :lol:lol

Like Mike says, Turn 1 was an adrenalin rush for sure, coming in hot (around 135 for me) and braking hard for the hair pin. Yeah buddy! Woo hoo! After the last session and the car had sat for awhile my brake pedal was kinda mushy. I think I vaporized my brake fluid... :bang

Ferrari - OWNED

Atom - OWNED

911 Porsche - OWNED

Two Mercedes - OWNED

I couldn't catch the Ferrari, the Atom or a high HP Mercedes on the straightaway, but I ran up on them through the curves so they were blue flagged (to let the car behind them pass). :thumbs

I hope I'm not talking :bs because this was my first time on a road course and I ran in the beginner class for my first session with an instructor. But, I talked them into letting me move up to novice so Marylou could ride with me after one (20 minute) session. She went for the last 3 sessions and got some really great videos (if you ask me). They're uploading to my web site even as we speak and I'll post the link when the site is ready.

Phil showed up and took some vids too so I'm anxious to see them. :cheers

Yeee Haaaaw! What a blast! I can't wait for the next one! :burnout

Yeah buddy! Woo hoo! After the last session and the car had sat for awhile my brake pedal was kinda mushy. I think I vaporized my brake fluid... :bang

I made the same coment on the way home. I sure had a soft pedal also?

Guest Steve Mulvey

Yeah buddy! Woo hoo! After the last session and the car had sat for awhile my brake pedal was kinda mushy. I think I vaporized my brake fluid... :bang

When I ran T1 in SCCA in road cars, we bled the brakes after each session... air gets in the fluid because of heat or whatever.. bleed the brakes and all will be well... as an aside , when we ran in Firehawk with Camaros I once put street pads in the front calipers by accident. I got 35 minutes out of brand new pads to the rivets during a practice day at the track while just scrubbing tires.. sooo you might want to get some Hawks or Carbon Metallics for the open track thing and harder rotors when you get going faster........ :yesnod

Steve

Guest UVETTYA

Thanks for the tip Steve.

I've owned a Z06 for 3 years without tracking it. I knew I would like it and it can get expensive. :willy It sure made me realize what these cars are designed for. We were talking on the way home that it's absolutely amazing what the car will do.

Guest UVETTYA

Guess we should bleed our brakes Mike. I'm going to change my oil too. I saw temps of 293. Want to get together and do them at the same time? I have Tues and Wed off.

Steve

One of the things they kept stressing at Bondurant is not to leave your foot on the break after you stop and after running hard. The rotors get smokin' hot and holding the pedal keeps the pads in full contact with them, hence 'boiling' the brake fluid.

Glad you guys had a good time and everybody made it out without breaking anything. How about rock chips? Did ya'll have any problems with that?

David

Guess we should bleed our brakes Mike. I'm going to change my oil too. I saw temps of 293. Want to get together and do them at the same time? I have Tues and Wed off.

Steve

Thanks Steve but, I have to work on those's days. But I will get her done soon.

Guest UVETTYA
One of the things they kept stressing at Bondurant is not to leave your foot on the break after when you stop and after running hard. The rotors get smokin' hot and holding the pedal keeps the pads in full contact with them, hence 'boiling' the brake fluid.

Glad you guys had a good time and everybody made it out without breaking anything. How about rock chips? Did ya'll have any problems with that?

David

Thanks David. Makes sense. My instructor said not to put the E-brake on after a run because it might warp the rotors.

I don't think I got any rock chips. I left my bra on for that reason.

Guest UVETTYA

Steve

Thanks Steve but, I have to work on those's days. But I will get her done soon.

Okie dokie. :thumbs

Here's the link to the pix and vids. Scroll to the bottom and select the slide show. Then move the slider on the little clock to the right and it will speed up the presentation. I've watched this about a dozen times myself. :lol

http://snirk.phanfare.com/album/129380