• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shifty

• MOTV8

• Desertdawg

• P51tj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Corvette Racing C7R will make it’s debut on track tomorrow. The team prepped the cars for tech today and both were captured moving through the tech line. Both are heavily covered in vinyl to hide the contours and full livery.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

teh big square in teh nose looks hokey, did they let Bubba put that part in thar ???

Maybe Tommy can build us a snowman in Maryland instead of coming down to play racecars....

Mebbe they'll put some orange halos in to dress up that 'square'.

Don't think teh Tommeh will make it. Global warming's a beeotch.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Timmy did make it, and 15 minutes later, he was jumping into teh 4 car... :Jake:

and I'm glad I did!!!

N'yuk n'yuk!

Looks as if Ryan Briscoe might have been a good pickup! Teh Corvettes look to be very solid...and teh Corvette DP's look fantastic as well...

Good drivin Timmeh!

I did not catch any individual lap times to judge teh CR noobs by, but I did see teh Vettes stay at teh top of teh timing lists!

BTW, the Astons are SO ugly this year, and teh Lizard Audi just looks wrong.

Well, I had a shat-load of pics, but once again, I'm forbidden to post in my thread... :surrender:

I thought at a debut they would uncover them.... I'm a dumbshit for thinking... I sure wanted to see a shat load of pics!

Get ready. Rahal is crying for more power already. How quick will they get a bump?

I saw that last night, and wanted to slap a bitch... :flamer:

Just checked during a break, vettes are sitting P2 & P3 in GTLM. Please tell me it wasn't Pat Long's Porsche that took P1!?!?

Did you see how well Briscoe and Liddell held P1 and 2 though? I think CR made a pretty good grab....

Apparently, snivelling runs in teh family...

7:30 a.m. ET
Posted Image· Graham Rahal celebrated his 25th birthday at the track yesterday, spending most of his time in the pits with his father's BMW Team RLL team as part of the No. 56 BMW Z4 GTE driving squad. He told RACER the day event has gone quite well so far, and after winning the race overall in 2011 driving a Ganassi DP, says adjusting to life in the GTLM ranks has been…interesting.

“John Edwards and I are about the same height, Dirk Werner is open to making things work and Dirk Muller has struggled because we're all so much bigger than him, so getting in and out of the car has been the biggest thing to try and figure out,” said Rahal, who stands 6-foot-2 or so. “I'm not getting any shorter, the cockpit isn't getting any bigger, so that part's been kinda' funny…trying to do driver exchanges and either shoehorning me in or yanking me out. I bet it's made for some funny Instagram photos.

"The car itself is a blast to drive. It's a rocket in the turns but we're getting killed on the straights. The Corvettes are blowing by us. One went by me and they lifted as they went past—I heard them lift—so they didn't go by too fast. So there's a bit of gamesmanship going on. The car feels good, my pace has been good—I've been right there with Joey [Hand]—and it's a challenge with the changing conditions.”

Rahal tested for Corvette Racing as a candidate for one of its vacant endurance racing seats, and although he wasn't chosen, he believes that test helped get him ready for the Roar. “Coming out of an Indy car, you just don't believe these [GTLM] cars can move that much vertically. When I tested the Corvette, it was a good reminder to me of how much they move around—it's hard to imagine how different the feeling is compared to an Indy car which is so stiff and has so much downforce. It was funny: I listened to Muller say how harsh the car was over the curbs, but I told him I could barely feel them. I didn't notice they were there because compared to what I normally race, this is soft and smooth all day.”