So the Dealer sold me LS7 Rockers instead of LS3's.... Boom

Cross

The Builder is redoing all work for free and obviously the motor pull etc. All of that is free from him he did not argue it at all.

As for the dealer I don't think its going to be a huge issue. We have picked out 3 options on how we will handle it I will be talking with them today to pick the one we want to do.

At this point did the builder make a mistake because this was not something he knew to look for yes. Has he run for the hills, not by any means he wants to make the situation right and I feel him redoing all the work again at no cost is what is required, I am sure if the dealer did come back and say "We think he shares some further costs in this" that he would but at this point that is not looking to be a problem.

For me all I knew was that I had never done this swap and I really didn't have the time. When I redid the motor in the Black Vette John was the one who was right there with me helping. I think this was just honestly an issue of never having seen anything related to the LS7 and a mistake was made on his part and frankly mine even if I did not know to look. I ordered what I found out I needed and got the wrong part.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cross

• Two Fangs

• joe@cpr.com

• Unreal

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well then I guess pigs are flying they asked me again if the shop had a price quote and they already have a set of brand new LS3 Heads being built for me. (Can someone tell me how to confirm they are the hollow valves?) Complete heads, Rockers, everything brand new is how they are handling this.

So it looks like they are handling it. I was going to offer to just buy a local member's heads and go through them or let PRC / Texas Speed provide me a set and I had a quote for them fixing mine but apparently they had already decided. I am fine with it they are indeed taking care of the issue and I get my car back sooner.

Time to have Larry's change the valve springs and mill these heads to 62cc.

I was told they were awaiting the last parts today so they could assemble the heads so I might just have them tonight.

I know what it's like to have a local shop commit to cover $1000 in labor to correct a problem, only to tell you to pound salt when it comes time to pay the bill.

Got the LS3 Heads today and a Head Gasket Kit. I told them I would pay for the Head Gasket kit but they handled that as well.

Its a fully loaded set of heads everything already installed. I will drop them off tomorrow to have them milled and new springs ordered and installed. Looks like if everything works out in the next two weeks if not this weekend the motor should be back in!

Yes I transferred it to Larry's just because they were milling teh heads and putting in the new valve springs etc.

Larry's got it and said let's clean it up I was all for it even though it was just rebuilt by them. They took it apart and found lifter's damaged and teh cam was wiped out. I asked Joe awhile ago for a new cam but never heard anything so now Larry's is looking into that for me.

But yes it seems there was some more damage hidden in there. I had a 140.00 credit which I had them apply but it looks like teh final bill will be 2200 even with that.

Yes I transferred it to Larry's just because they were milling the heads and putting int he new valve springs etc.

Larry's got it and said let's clean it up I was all for it even though it was just rebuilt by them. They took it apart and found lifter's damaged and the cam was wiped out. I asked Joe awhile ago for a new cam but never heard anything so now Larry's is looking into that for me.

But yes it seems there was some more damage hidden in there. I had a 140.00 credit which I had them apply but it looks like the final bill will be 2200 even with that.

I replied back to your email quite awhile ago on the cam.

Yes I transferred it to Larry's just because they were milling teh heads and putting int he new valve springs etc.

Larry's got it and said let's clean it up I was all for it even though it was just rebuilt by them. They took it apart and found lifter's damaged and teh cam was wiped out. I asked Joe awhile ago for a new cam but never heard anything so now Larry's is looking into that for me.

But yes it seems there was some more damage hidden in there. I had a 140.00 credit which I had them apply but it looks like teh final bill will be 2200 even with that.

I replied back to your email quite awhile ago on teh cam.

I don't have anything after you told me you sent teh information to Ed. .

post-1193-0-27632500-1385396689_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Alright teh Dealer just issued me teh check to pay for almost everything done to teh Motor except teh Stud Kit I had Larry's do because well I found out that was teh only thing that was not done to teh motor during its original build. But that's it I pick up teh motor tomorrow (It is actually ready now but I need help getting it home) and teh Dealer has already covered everything I can't thank O'Rielly's enough they came through. Out of pocket its going to be teh cost of fluids and teh 38x.xx I spent for teh Stud Kit and its shipping (and tax of course).

I also want to thank Larry's they as usual took excellent care of me with all this and I appreciate it.

I am going to get to work putting it back in this weekend we shall see how far I get but it will be nice to finally have teh Vette back on teh road.

NM I have to wait until next week I can't pick up the motor tomorrow.

Bromley's Corvettes

Alright teh Dealer just issued me teh check to pay for almost everything done to teh Motor except teh Stud Kit I had Larry's do because well I found out that was teh only thing that was not done to teh motor during its original build. But that's it I pick up teh motor tomorrow (It is actually ready now but I need help getting it home) and teh Dealer has already covered everything I can't thank O'Rielly's enough they came through. Out of pocket its going to be teh cost of fluids and teh 38x.xx I spent for teh Stud Kit and its shipping (and tax of course). I also want to thank Larry's they as usual took excellent care of me with all this and I appreciate it. I am going to get to work putting it back in this weekend we shall see how far I get but it will be nice to finally have teh Vette back on teh road. NM I have to wait until next week I can't pick up the motor tomorrow.

Wow thats awesome I have never heard of a dealer paying out on something like this. They usually say they will and when it comes time to wright a check you get the run around. Your lucky:)