• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Desertdawg

• Two Fangs

• HOXXOH

It goes without saying that the entire crew at LPM is crushed over this. We ran the car for almost an hour on the dyno to shake everything out and tune it. While we don't know exactly what happened yet, I suspect Joe has it right. The car is coming in this morning and we'll take it from there. Try not to worry too much, Victor. We'll get it straightened out quickly. I'm just very glad nobody got hurt. If you're looking for me, I'm the guy with my head in the oven. :facepalm:

Bromley's Corvettes

It goes without saying that the entire crew at LPM is crushed over this. We ran the car for almost an hour on the dyno to shake everything out and tune it. While we don't know exactly what happened yet, I suspect Joe has it right. The car is coming in this morning and we'll take it from there. Try not to worry too much, Victor. We'll get it straightened out quickly. I'm just very glad nobody got hurt.

If you're looking for me, I'm the guy with my head in the oven. :facepalm:

Dave dont be so hard on your self. Work on a lot of cars eventually something is going to happen. All you can do is fix it and move on. It does not look to bad and no one got hurt so it will be ok.

Glad you are OK Victor. Good to see you were able to get the fire out before it damaged to much.

It goes without saying that the entire crew at LPM is crushed over this. We ran the car for almost an hour on the dyno to shake everything out and tune it. While we don't know exactly what happened yet, I suspect Joe has it right. The car is coming in this morning and we'll take it from there. Try not to worry too much, Victor. We'll get it straightened out quickly. I'm just very glad nobody got hurt.

If it was due to a LPM issue I wouldn't blame you. It's due to the old Aeromotive brackets that I bet would have worked if LPM designed them. I went out and checked my Aeromotive rails because there's a lot riding on those pieces.

I'm sure it'll look very pretty in no time. The more I look at the picture the less damage I actually see.

Thanks, Dave.

We're blessed me and Jess were just 4 miles from home and in a parking lot.......it could've been way, way worse.

See you guys later this morning....waiting for flatbed now.

I also learned a valuable lesson in this.....make sure your passenger is familiar with how to operate the door release.

This is the first time Jessica has ever seen my car, let alone ride in a C6. When the fire broke out, I told her to get out of the vehicle but she didn't know to push the button to open the door.

Simple shit, but a detail that could turn tragic when every second counts in an emergency.

I'll also look into carrying a small fire extenguisher for now on.

Thanks, guys, for the well wishes.

Thanks, Dave.

We're blessed me and Jess were just 4 miles from home and in a parking lot.......it could've been way, way worse.

See you guys later this morning....waiting for flatbed now.

I also learned a valuable lesson in this.....make sure your passenger is familiar with how to operate the door release.

This is the first time Jessica has ever seen my car, let alone ride in a C6. When the fire broke out, I told her to get out of the vehicle but she didn't know to push the button to open the door.

Simple shit, but a detail that could turn tragic when every second counts in an emergency.

I'll also look into carrying a small fire extenguisher for now on.

Thanks, guys, for the well wishes.

Victor, so glad you and Jessica made it out OK. For the first two years after the build on my car was complete I carried a small fire extenguisher, at the suggestion of Kim Madsen. Since I've never had a problem with fire I quit carrying it for the last 6 or 7 months. I think I'll put it back in the car now! Hope all ends well for you.

Bromley's Corvettes

I carry two 2.5lb in the back of my Pro Steet vette. I have never had a fire on any of my cars but have seen how fast it can happen. I have had friends lose there race car to a bad fire.

WoW, I finally get online and here's this!!! Holy Crap Victor, really glad your not hurt.

I'm lucky I have a vented hood.....the percussion from the explosion was partially vented thru the hood vent. If it wasn't there it may have blown the hood clean off the car.

fourseventeen

it actually exploded!? Holy smokes! Glad your alright brother! Shit could have gone way worse! So if you didnt have an extinguisher who did? Looks like you got it out pretty quick?

Lesson #2: Might be smart to also remember the manual release incase of electrical failure... ask Jammye why she wishes she knew this :lol

Wow! Just saw this,glad you guys are ok! I'm sure it'll be fixed up in o time.

Just wow, glad you are ok brother...the el sucko

Day-yum Victor .. dodged a bullet there dood! We *hates* 'splosions n fire and that whole flatbed tow thing. Time for more toys? I mean .. always put her back together better than she was .. LPM has the technology :) Very glad you and yours did not have to do hospital stuff .. we hates that even more. -Frank

Damn ..... sorry to see this Victor .... glad you're okey .... I;m sure the guys at LPM will have you back up and going in no time !!! Posted Image

hood damage ????

sooo... are the wheels for sale then?

(still too soon?)

:leaving

Would it be safe to say you'd take the necklace off your dying mother?

I just thought I wanted the tires. I didn't say it. But you did.

Bad bad Chad.

:) :)

Would it be safe to say you'd take the necklace off your dying mother?

Not til he washed the blood off his hands....