• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Desertdawg

• Two Fangs

• HOXXOH

Yup... I'm hearing ethanol leak, 2hrs after he picked it up from Trans work at the shop.

Posted Image

oh crap.... A: vicror I hope you are ok. The car can be replaced you cannot. B: WTF happened? details man! dammit details!

joe@cpr.com

I'm willing to bet he had the old fast rail brackets that in some cases bent under high fuel pressure, this happened to a few guys on the norotors.com (rx7 swap site)and many others, they used real shitty thin hardware and it would bend within a short period of time allowing fuel to leak out by the injector o-rings. if that's the cause i will say this is in no way an installation error on lpm's part as it's a part failure on fast end. i know it sounds weird coming from me but some people on here who aren't as savy may think omg they blew up his car when it was not their fault. sucks this happened victor but hope you are ok!!

Didn't he mention in an earlier thread something about the fuel rails not fitting correctly Sad, but looks like someone got the flames out quickly

Oh Crap Victor! That really sucks. I can't imagine how you feel, but I'm sure it's not good.

Picture was taken at the Mushroom. It's real. Damn bro. So sorry to see. Just when you had your baby back too. Makes me feel sick looking at the pictures. Big hugs dood. No homo.

oldmxdog61u

I just as saw his car on the dyno ... Sweet! Then he left as my car was still waiting on parts. Then this? I am sorry, his car sounded soooo good.

Wow Vic that sucks! I saw you guys mentioned there was a problem. I surprised you were able to roll out of there without it being fixed properly. I hope it's superficial and the car can be dusted off and put back without a lot of trouble.

Damn, that sucks. Hope it goes back together quickly and cheaply.

Thanks. everyone. Pretty tough way to end the day, but we walked away uninjured....so we're good there. Yes, there was a fuel leak that ignited under the hood......luckily while I was only 4 miles from home and in the relative safety of a parking lot. We were able to put the flames before it could go beyond the engine bay....thank G0D it was E85 and not 91 regular fuel. I'll keep everyone posted on what's happening.....the car will be towed to LPM this morning to confirm what we think happened. Thanks again for everyone's kind words. We will be OK.....it can be fixed.

Final Effort

It doesn't actually look that bad in terms of damage.

That's what I was thinking. From the pictures I can't see any paint damage, so hopefully

it will be a case of bolt on replacement parts.

Victor; I take it you had a Fire Extinguisher on board, and does E85 burn clear like Alcohol?

Good to hear your OK.