• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• azz061

• HOXXOH

• Desertdawg

Great discussion. Just let me know if I need to ban the clowns.

You're going to shut down the forum????

Incorrect Slammer an official time is required to be backed up in the same day and conditions. If you were to run a 11.0 and then the remainder of the time run 11.2 you would technically be an 11.2 car. Yes you have the one time of 11.0 but in a sanctioned group that time would need to be backed up to be offical.

My new goal now will be to run a 10.5 or better. With the new clutch i will give the car everything i can throw at it. Even if that means 7000 rpm launch on the clutch. I am going to push the car to it's limits and if i break fortunatley for me it's only money. Nic D thanks for the chime in as you put it into better termenology than i did as you have a more scientific approach than i do.

Incorrect Slammer an official time is required to be backed up in the same day and conditions. If you were to run a 11.0 and then the remainder of the time run 11.2 you would technically be an 11.2 car. Yes you have the one time of 11.0 but in a sanctioned group that time would need to be backed up to be offical.

This is correct. If you set a record time, the run needs to be backed up at the same meet within 1 percent to claim the lower time. Since ours usually last a day, it would have to be same day, if we were being all official and stuff.

Since we are more of a hobbyist group, best time is typically good enough. At least for me.

Unless we are playing pool, then slop is not allowed.

Well first off i was busy doing things for my daughter who had Gallbladder surgery on Sunday. Tom as for you i will put it in lamens terms next time i see you i will show you what happens when you run your mouth see ya at the track.

Now after getting my new clutch installed i can see a major difference in my car and were the horsepower was not utilized with a GM stock clutch.

As for Victors times being almost the same as mine i totally can understand it as he has 70,000 miles and about 500 passes in the 1/4 mile with his car.

I have a total of 3,000 miles between two C6 z06 i have owned and only 38 passes in my car on a stock clutch. So i have no problem with my times as i would bet if many of you got into my car with a stock clutch you could not hit my PB of 10.71 in 25 attempts.

So now that i have the total package of parts i will be interested to see what the car does.

So interesting facts also:

The day i ran consistent 10.7 to 10.8 passes Victor ran a best that day of 11.007 so i was 3 tenths on average faster.

The day Victor goes to the Track with the best DA of the year not only did he run a PB so did alot of others. So no comparison.

The other fact is until your car can run back to back 10's at the track on a regular basis your PB times are meaningless so got play with some of your buddies in their wheel chairs.

The only consistent 10 second Corvettes on this forum to date are myself,and Mike Gary. Victor is close but is not a consistent 10 second car but will be as soon as his build is complete.

Running a number once or twice in ideal conditions does not mean your car is in that class.

OMG! Dawg was right. There's the first 14 of the 101 excuses. :smilelol

BTW, It's not "lamens terms", it's layman's terms. I won't attempt to correct all the errors, but I thought you'd like to know the biggest one, just in case you need to write something that really mattered.

As an aside, isn't it layperson now? It seems like Gloria Allred or someone pitched a fit and called layman a sexist term.

If tending to my daughters medical issues is an excuse well then you are simply an ass and i can't wait to see you in person. This shit just got real old man!

Easy now, we are all entitled to spout our differences here in the cozy comport of cyberspace, but let's not drag it into something that could be construed as a threat, or this whole circus will make like a baby and head out.

I would never threaten physical harm on a forum to be used as evidence later if someone trips and falls. It's all about cars and hell i will race Tom and when my car crosses the center stripe because i lost traction and takes his car out it was an accident right?

i can't wait to see you in person. This shit just got real old man!

I agree with Parker.

This is correct. If you set a record time, the run needs to be backed up at the same meet within 1 percent to claim the lower time. Since ours usually last a day, it would have to be same day, if we were being all official and stuff.

Since we are more of a hobbyist group, best time is typically good enough. At least for me.

Unless we are playing pool, then slop is not allowed.

So you mean backups like this? It took several passes and some rocket science to get the launch dialed in, as evidenced by the 60' times.

Good grief, it must be a 10 second car. :yesnod

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes you did it once but have you done it in Arizona? Nope you haven't try again there geezer! Still not a consistent 10 second car. go lean that tune out some more so i can watch you go boom again. :cfdeadagain

If tending to my daughters medical issues is an excuse well then you are simply an ass and i can't wait to see you in person. This shit just got real old man!

She had nothing to do with your car excuses and wasn't part of the 14, which was a number I created, just like Dawg's 101.

The macho tough guy threats get real old and I refuse to stoop to that childish level. If you can't play this game maturely, you lose credibility.