NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Auto vs Manual: The Ultimate Showdown

HOXXOH

Your car is quick, but not in the same league as Vic and Steg.

if he is within a tenth or two on the same day, I call that in the same league....

Unless your basis is the letter Z on the fender

Never has been. I'm usually in arguments on CF with Z guys who think the letter makes them cool.

It's the mind in the clouds people in general I will debate with. Him claiming a manual is just as easy was outright false. It's something Parker and I actually agreed on lol.

I guesses I should have left a little more of you quote, you were telling Tom that statement...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• azz061

• HOXXOH

• Desertdawg

If there is link it up. Would be fun to rumble on the big board.

I just pictured the rumble in Anchorman: The legend of Ron Burgandy. I'm still laughing. :)

Brilliant, an auto vs manual thread in the Z06 section. In response to Tom's input the OP posts "I posted it here for real opionions" aka "I posted it here because I only want to hear people with my opinion" :facepalm:

While it is funny that he posted that in the Z06 forum I agree with him. Racing an auto at the track is certainly easier than racing a manual at the track for many obvious reasons that I don't feel the need to rehash. As horsepower increases this obviously makes a bigger difference than if it were two 13 second cars. I've raced both many many times and it's also why I currently have two automatics instead of two manuals. Admitting the auto is easier to drive doesn't make me feel like my man card has been revoked either because while the manual guys are fighting the car the whole way down the track I've already crossed the finish line. :)

After reading Mike's CF thread I realized he has changed the argument.

What started here as several different style Corvette's all ran within a 10th of each other, to his CF question, whats is harder to drive...

CF Quote

what i am trying to get an opinion on is do you think it's easier to drive a manual or an auto?

So looking back here there are several points that I feel should have been questioned or answered.

I've removed the names so try to reply without thinking of which side or person posted it.

The first post of this thread simply mentioned that 4 different cars on this forum had ET's within a tenth of each other at Speedworld. It quickly escalated to excuses why the least likely to do so, had advantages over the most likely.

And from here it was all downhill :lol

An auto has the advantage in a 1/4 over a manual car in every category other than raw hp. Raw hp doesn't make you quick through the 1320, I can vouch for that. Every mod you have done was to make your car as quick as possible. Not fast, but quick.

So if I show up in an automatic beater "67 GMC truck with a campershell on the back, and beat a ZR1, is that cheating?

Post two different 10 second slips you ran in AZ. If the only day you can run a 10 is when it's 25* out in AZ then it's not a 10 second car

If I raced in NHRA and ran a new track record, to secure my place in the record books I have to back it up within a specified time frame. (1 hour?)

A record speed at Bonneville on the salt has to be backed up within 1 hour in the opposite direction.

But here on ACE you have to run your best time during different seasons for it to count?

So when the DA in AZ is the same as the DA in TX, you still think the state line makes a difference on the air density?

Is this a valid point?

If there is link it up. Would be fun to rumble on the big board.

I just pictured the rumble in Anchorman: The legend of Ron Burgandy. I'm still laughing. :)

Where did you get a hand grenade?! :smilelol