NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

Auto vs Manual: The Ultimate Showdown

HOXXOH

It's ok if you can't hang with the big HP cars. Pretending that driving a car with this much HP doesn't require skill is another sad mistake on your part. I was right and I'm faster. Deal with it.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• azz061

• HOXXOH

• Desertdawg

Yes I mention it in the first reply I posted where you asked the clearly arrogant question on why a dyno doesn't show more hp. That reply was posted before I saw your "What I was trying to get Drew to understand" post. The greater the speed difference, ergo the greater the stall, the higher the possible multiplication.

But using terms like STR (Stall Torque Ratio) to appear smart isn't going to fly with me champ. Maybe stop talking down to everyone for once?

And yeah for the record I called you out and you backed down. Grow a pair and race someone with some power.

OK, Stall Torque Ratio. Multiplication of torque within the converter. What is it, why is it important, what controls it, and what does it do? I am not trying to talk down to anyone, if you want to step into the technical arena, make your case. I was stating that it does not play a role in your argument that torque multiplication gives automatics an advantage. I then went on to explain it, because people were getting confused. I am not trying to talk down to anyone. What I was trying to do was iterate why such an argument was invalid. Yet you are trying to argue my side of the fence, which is cool and all, but I am really wondering where the breakdown is. As far as you and I and our respective cars. You threw the the challenge, so I will get to choose the venue. I'll be in touch.

Rather than clutter Victor's Guess my HP thread, I figure I'd move this into an area where it can be discussed ad nauseum Please read from the beginning and feel free to join in the fray Some post numbers that may be referenced will no longer apply, since posts were moved from one thread into another. Good luck and remember to protect yourself at all times

I see that Mike bailed out, since he had no credible response to our PB's being so close, yet his 60' is quicker and MPH higher with the extra 140 HP. I guess he's amazed how an old man does it too. I might even be able to take Drew in a roll race too. :smilelol

I will beat everyone..... Yeah I said it, but think about it. I'll have the special super secret speed from my auto, while the new wide body will make me look as fast as a ZO6. Add in my awesome skills and your all losers, street,strip,roll,top end,or just cruising for teh ho's I got you all beat. And if you think you got a chance, I'll toss in my Atomic Orange paint and BOOM, end of argument!

You may want to take a hammer and flatten out your stator blades a bit :lol :lol :lol :lol

Since I have such a big advantage for shifting speed, I was only gonna roll race him from 10 MPH to 48, which is the top of first gear for me. I think the contest would be decided by who could hook first. :smilelol

I will beat everyone.....

Yeah I said it, but think about it. I'll have the special super secret speed from my auto, while the new wide body will make me look as fast as a ZO6.

Add in my awesome skills and your all losers, street,strip,roll,top end,or just cruising for teh ho's I got you all beat.

And if you think you got a chance, I'll toss in my Atomic Orange paint and BOOM, end of argument!

But now there's a new gun in town with a bigger Atomic Orange bullet that cam blower you away. :lol

This thread is very interesting. :yesnod As I’m another 800 year old with a stalled automatic transmission. But I only have 346 whp . It ran a best of 11.71 @117 mph. Gee, I wonder how quick it would be with 200 more hp. :edward:

Maybe I can heip to answer you question. As I do have the 200 extra HP you speek of. The simple mash the peddle transmission (not rocket science) @ 2800 stall The variable is can you get the power from the crank to the track pavement quickly and efficiently. ANSWER: it takes seat time to become effective Just because you have big HP and a auto transmission doesn't equate to low times. You still gotta DRIVE THE DAMN CAR!!! Otherwise I would have silenced Mike (AZ61) long ago. :) So my answer to your above question is........ NOT AS FAST AS YOU WOULD THINK! 11.3@132 mph with street tires Sacramento Ca. SLAMMER

It's on like Donkey Kong.........after I relearn how to drive my car when I get it back.

ACE finally has a smack down thread.........NICE !!!!!! :partydance:

Maybe I can heip to answer you question. As I do have the 200 extra HP you speek of. The simple mash the peddle transmission (not rocket science) @ 2800 stall The variable is can you get the power from the crank to the track pavement quickly and efficiently.

ANSWER: it takes seat time to become effective

Just because you have big HP and a auto transmission doesn't equate to low times. You still gotta DRIVE THE DAMN CAR!!! Otherwise I would have silenced Mike (AZ61) long ago. :)

So my answer to your above question is........

NOT AS FAST AS YOU WOULD THINK!

11.3@132 mph with street tires Sacramento Ca.

SLAMMER

:agree Ya know, I just realized that Mike just flat can't drive a big power stalled auto. He thinks it's no different than a 18 second 3/4 ton pickup that has trouble spinning the wheels on wet pavement. If it wasn't for Victor teaching him how to launch a big power manual..........

No locky....no locky......no locky :partygrnhat: We gotta get the SLAMMER mobile on some drag radials. We've already had the roll race contest....now for the 1/4 track portion :edward:

one question.... If Parker and Drew ever race from a dig, can I flag them off by dropping Big Poppas bra?