• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• Desertdawg

• Marco

• Shifty

Looks like a CTS-V rammed into the back of a Vette..

I agree. Looks like GM is doing a standard look for the rear end. I just saw two new CTS coupes and the light bulb came on. Except for the tail lights, it could be the look.

What if these pics and renderings over the past few months have been GM's 'diversion' from reality? What if they leaked drawings with a Camaro rear end just to F with all of us? We'll know in 2 weeks! :edward:

All of the drawings have been created by places like MotorWeek, Car and Driver, and Jalopnik. GM isn't going to reveal much except teasers until the unveiling on the 13th. Don't believe anything you've seen so far.

You don't have to, of course, but I would pay attention to what Dean posted.

Victor is also pretty darn close...

Some things to look forward to are true cold air induction and a very respectable power-to-weight ratio.

Posted Image

Wow, thx Parker. I thought that hood opening looked more intake than heat extractor. What's your rough hp estimate for the supercharged LT?

That big scoop at the front is a heat extractor. If you look at the fourth pic you originally posted and look at callout number 5, that is where the air filter sits, it pulls air from the passenger's side of the car. As far as HP? I am thinking 575~600, but that is totally a guess. This car won't need to make as much power to haul ass.

Man, either that engine compartment is small, or that is a big engine.

Are these great big people, or is there a chance the car has gotten smaller? :)

Posted Image

Less glass (especially in the back), more carbon fiber and composites along with an aluminum frame, I will say the base car weighs less than the current Z06, maybe enough that the first number in the weight is a 2 (dry, of course). Someone recently called the C7 interior a carbon fiber sex chamber... But if you want just a guess I say 3050

Man, either that engine compartment is small, or that is a big engine.

Are these great big people, or is there a chance the car has gotten smaller? :)

Posted Image

Well, if it has gotten that small, I guess I'll never own one. :(