NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

C7 revealed in owners manual drawings?

MOTV8

This is all over the interwebs now so judge for yourselves ACEholes....do these drawings reveal the C7?

The drawings, which may or may not be sourced from a General Motors' service manual, show the seventh generation Corvette's profile, rear end design with the very Camaro-like tail lamps and perhaps more importantly, a detailed outline of the interior, including the driver-centric dashboard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:cfdeadagain

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Two Fangs

• Desertdawg

• Marco

• Shifty

I say same old crap, looks like something jalopnick would push to up thier page views again!

I like the telemetry that shows the racetrack you are on, GPS position on the track and performance metrics like G-force and lap times.

Posted Image

I did on opaque 2013 camaro over this vette, edit, I added perspective to the camaro as I couldnt find the right angle, so the camaro is not as wide as the vette as it shows but all in all, it's a camaro rear... if this pic is correct

it's a camaro rear... if this pic is correct

The new Corvette's and the 5th gen Camaro rear can be compared to the difference between a 72 Camaro and a 72 Corvette.

Round tail lights? Check. Two per side? Check. The same rear fascia? No way...

it's a camaro rear... if this pic is correct

The new Corvette's and the 5th gen Camaro rear can be compared to the difference between a 72 Camaro and a 72 Corvette.

Round tail lights? Check. Two per side? Check. The same rear fascia? No way...

My god, the vett seems tiny in comparison. I still think the camaro is narrower though.

So why did we lose the wrap around rear glass if it's still a big hatch. I thought they did that for structural rigidity, but now we get a Datsun back end and no more chassis rigidity? Phail.

:facepalm: Yuck! I'm sure all the diehard vette owners are jus dyin' to buy the new Cormaro. :smilelol I guess there is no more creativity left at GM in the car design department...sad

I still say the drawings are a Ferrari 599 with some GTR parts grafted on and a Corvette badge..

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still say the drawings are a Ferrari 599 with some GTR parts grafted on and a Corvette badge..

Not inferring you think so but is that a bad thing? A mix of one of the best grand tourers out there and (IMO) the best bang for buck performance car out there. Just my opinion, no need to argue the opinion on the GTR.

Not inferring you think so but is that a bad thing?

:agree I don't think it looks bad except teh tail lamps, and if it looks similar to teh 599, so be it, I think teh Ferrari looks good but could use an American drivetrain. Exotica in production form!

I am not big on the rear but its not a complete camaro copy its different just not enough. I hate the lower rear bumper more and that stupid design of the rear hatch... it looks like crap right there esp. compared to the 599 posted.

1356623090' post=320140]

1356414562' post=319792]

no, I have nothing against the 599, I just hate that Car and Driver had their art dept. take a 599 and put a vette emblem on it then put that drawing on their cover and called it the C7.Now every person I know has to say. " did you see the new corvette pictures yet???"

My thoughts are, it has a Mustang roofline, a Camaro rear, and a Viper front. I hope in reallife it looks nothing like what we've just seen.

1356623090' post=320140]

1356414562' post=319792]

no, I have nothing against the 599, I just hate that Car and Driver had their art dept. take a 599 and put a vette emblem on it then put that drawing on their cover and called it the C7.Now every person I know has to say. " did you see the new corvette pictures yet???"

I got ya... :yeah: