FNBADAZ06 gets "rubbed out" by a truck last Sunday

FNBADAZ06

The wheels are sexy, but the center caps are teh el barfo!!

I would be using the 60th Anniversary wheel caps. :thumbs

Posted Image

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Desertdawg

• azz061

• Cross

The wheels are sexy, but the center caps are teh el barfo!!

I would be using the 60th Anniversary wheel caps. :thumbs

Posted Image

In which case, BP approves!!!

It is going to look sweet regardless of the path you chose with the adornments.

I'll call you later today about the injectors you had laying around :edward:

New toys *rock* :) Shame it got rubbed on by an idiot but glad for the new toys :) Always a party with new toys :) -Frank aka GE

Those wheels are bad ass! Why would you need new tires, are they a different size?

They're 19/20's instead of our 18/19's.

New toys *rock* :)

Shame it got rubbed on by an idiot but glad for the new toys :)

Always a party with new toys :)

-Frank aka GE

Yep....it could have been much worse than it was.

Thought about making a switch to black/cyber grey/carbon flash metallic headlights , but I'm still out on that.

Posted Image

ooooo, those would look so mean; haven't seen a Z06 with those. it'd add some character...badass character

Thought about making a switch to black/cyber grey/carbon flash metallic headlights , but I'm still out on that.

Posted Image

ooooo, those would look so mean; haven't seen a Z06 with those. it'd add some character...badass character

Yep....the look is more appealing to me every time I look at it.

FNBADAZ06 is throwing a curve ball !!!!!

The Centennial Wheels are hard to come by, and GM wants a core charge of $50/wheel....even if it's an outright purchase :banghead

So, I'm temporarily going a different path in the style.

I've always been a sucker for black chrome, and the Centinnial wheels would have been refinished by me if I would have executed the purchase.

I lucked out in puchasing some new GS styled wheels, but in the ZR1/Z07 fitments of 19x10 and 20x12 :thumbs

I'm having them dropped shipped to the black chrome vendor for the treatment, and, I'm having the red 1/4 pinstripe added to the lip as well :partygrnhat:

The OEM sized wheels didn't have the neccassary lip area, but the +1 fitments do. The vendor (who also did Jay Leno's C6R black chrome wheels) says this will be a first, with having the stripe done in conjuction with the black chrome and they want to put it in their catalog of finishes.

Black chromed OEM GS wheel.....

Posted Image

As far as what a plus one sizing of the GS wheel looks like, here ya go !!! You can see that the spokes don't reach out to the bead lip like the OEM sized wheels, and the "y" spoke interface to the barrel is opened (unlike the closed, cast in style of the OEM wheel) :banannarainbow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wheels should be done in 3 weeks or so :)

I will be running the Michelin PS2 ZP ZR1 tires....335/25/20 rear, 285/30/19 front.

Oh, and FNBADAZ06 getting it''s nose job :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Michael was painting the parts yesterday afternoon....hopefully it'll be completed by Friday.

...and, Michael was able refinish my hood, where the bubbling had surfaced months after I had the hood originally painted......hurrah !!! :partydance: I think I'm going to start looking for cyber grey headlights, or black carbon's, to match the look of the Fellows car I had posted earlier.

Posted ImagePosted Image Progress is good ......... can';t wait to see it finished again ... with the new wheels ..... Posted ImagePosted Image

Had to add another carbon fiber piece to the car to offset the weight of the clear bra :lol

Posted Image

Those new rims look very nice!

They'll do until I can afford the one's I've always wanted......center lock Forgeline SP3P's in 19x10 and 20x13, satin black centers with the diamond cut option, black chrome barrels. titanium hardware...and of course, my red pinstripe :partygrnhat:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

GS wheels on a Z06? Sacrilegious!!! I do like the black chrome idea. :thumbs

Yeah......but, they're only a GS "styled" wheel. These look better than the OEM GS wheels, and they had the plus one sizing I wanted. These will hold me over until those SP3P's are in my range :rockon2:

p.s. - I saw an article with a JSB ZR1 with black chrome ZR1 wheels on it......gave me a serious woody. JSB and black chrome go together like PP and Jelley.

I got dibs on your spiders! I will powder coat them black and add some blue trim for my car! Then i will sell my near mint chrome wheels!