FNBADAZ06 gets "rubbed out" by a truck last Sunday

FNBADAZ06

As in "rubbin' is racing" lingo :banghead

A Dodge Dakota pickup truck was kind enough to cut me off on the west bound Happy Valley Road roundabout at I-17N. He decided that the inside lane I occupied was much better than his outside lane and came barreling over. Luckily I was only going 10-15 MPH as I entered the roundabout and was able to hit the brakes hard while laying on the horn (to no avail), minimizing what could have been much worse damage to my car. The ZR1 splitter got broken, my right side driving lamp mount looks to be broken (as the nose got defelected), the leading edge air dam that is integrated into the wheel well liner on a Z06 got chewed up, and of course, a nice scuff and scratch on the nose and fender.

Looks like a trip to Classic Gold is in the cards this week, which totally fook's up my Cruise on Central and ACE lunch plans.

I'm just happy this wasn't much worse, as you can probably guess my demeanor wasn't the greatest when I got out of my car. :boxing

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Desertdawg

• azz061

• Cross

Did he stop? Happy it wasn't worse because worse could mean you could get hurt and we don't want that!!!

At least he never took you completely off the road, nobody hurt thats the main thing. Karmas a bitch, it'll come back and bite him in the ass

Did he stop?

Happy it wasn't worse because worse could mean you could get hurt and we don't want that!!!

Yes, he did. It wasn't looking good intially as he didn't have his driver license or proof of insurance on him. :facepalm:

He had to call his wife to give me the policy number, and then suggested I held some responsibility to have adjusted for his lack of lane discipline. I think when I took several steps toward him to emphasis my displeasure at his suggestion, he decided to re-evaluate his position.

At least he never took you completely off the road, nobody hurt thats the main thing.

Karmas a bitch, it'll come back and bite him in the ass

Stevie.....I was praying that I had dodged any impact from his truck. When I hit the brakes, I thought he might have had just enough room to clear my front end...as he continued to come into my lane even after hearing the horn blaring at him. I was pinched between the curbing and his truck and nowhere to go, so I just held my line and hoped for the best (sounds like a racing verbage, huh ?).

It could have been much worse.

Well, this is major suckage. Very glad it isn't worse, and that you are okay. There are a lot of idiots that don't understand those roundabouts. . .

Did he stop?

Happy it wasn't worse because worse could mean you could get hurt and we don't want that!!!

Yes, he did. It wasn't looking good intially as he didn't have his driver license or proof of insurance on him. :facepalm:

He had to call his wife to give me the policy number, and then suggested I held some responsibility to have adjusted for his lack of lane discipline. I think when I took several steps toward him to emphasis my displeasure at his suggestion, he decided to re-evaluate his position.

I tried to give you positive Karma and ended up negative but I have to admit this is funny.

Good to hear and maybe a mod can fix that karma error lol.

Well, this is major suckage. Very glad it isn't worse, and that you are okay.

There are a lot of idiots that don't understand those roundabouts. . .

Yes..it does suck, but it could have been much worse.

It looks like I'll get a new ZR1 splitter, wheel well air dam assembly, driving light, smoked marker light, and apparently a new nose cover... as the mounting tabs for the driving light are broken and are molded into the nose cover. :facepalm:

It could have been worse, with a cracked/broken carbon fiber fender and/or structural damage.

Ouch that is not good... Seems that a lot of "operators" don't care who else is on the road. They certainly are not Drivers..

Ouch that is not good... Seems that a lot of "operators" don't care who else is on the road. They certainly are not Drivers..

Thank G0D I wasn't on a bike....that would have been ugly.

Agreed. I try to never ride alongside anything but another bike. Sometimes even that is chancy....

Ok, at first glance I thought this read "rubbed one out"

Sorry Vic, this is teh suck :banghead

LOL.....I guess I'm now a statistic known as the Happy Valley Roundabout Carnage.

There's usually at least one fender bender in the intersection a week that I physically see....probably a lot more than that.

ahh that sucks Victor. I feel your pain about roundabouts. There is one heading right into where I live. I almost get it at least once a day, and that's on a good day. People really should take another driving class just on how to use a damn roundabout.

Big time suckage Victor. I hate the 101 entrances where one on ramp side has a yield sign. They always seem to fail to yield to the green arrow people coming from the other direction. Had a guy the other day try to join me in my car as I came out from under the bridge to head north. I'm always watching for them, so he missed me, but still pisses me off every time.

Final Effort

I think one of you two needs to get a better spotter. :smilelol You could have ended up like Stewart did last Sunday.

Glad your ok Vic and not much damage. Those two round abouts bring out the idiot in most drivers.

Glad your ok Vic and not much damage. Those two round abouts bring out the idiot in most drivers.

:facepalm: Glad your ok Leader of teh Clique and third person title writer guy

No license or proodf of insurance and I would have called DPS to come down. Hopefully he's on the up and up and he's actually insured etc. Did you note down his plate number in case you have to track him down?

No license or proodf of insurance and I would have called DPS to come down. Hopefully he's on the up and up and he's actually insured etc. Did you note down his plate number in case you have to track him down?

Yes....I called his insurer to make sure he was covered after he gave me the policy number. I still took pics of his license plate and vehicle registration (which also showed his address), but Farmers confirmed the coverage and that they are covering the repairs.

Guest badbobs95

I hate to hear stories like this but man, I ficking hate round-abouts with a passion. They're right up there with politicians! Glad you're OK though. Posted Image

70C3BumbleBee

That roundabout is near my place and I know it well. He knew along he was going to be an arse when he chose the right lane to go west and probably thought he would "race" you in your vette. I see it all the time, although usually they are in some econo car (of course a Dakota is an econo truck) and think it is OK to pass on the right. BTW - FNBAD vette - I like it.

That's some el crapo suckage. Not enough damage to make it a big issue, but certainly enough for CarMax to put it on their report. You should take plenty of pics and file them with the ins. report, so when you decide to sell the car, you can better document the negative CarMax info. Roundabouts in AZ are way too small. The Happy Valley intersection needs totally rebuilt with at least a 4-lane bridge. I'd rather see stoplights than small roundabouts.