FNBADAZ06 gets "rubbed out" by a truck last Sunday

FNBADAZ06

That's some el crapo suckage. Not enough damage to make it a big issue, but certainly enough for CarMax to put it on their report. You should take plenty of pics and file them with the ins. report, so when you decide to sell the car, you can better document the negative CarMax info.

Roundabouts in AZ are way too small. The Happy Valley intersection needs totally rebuilt with at least a 4-lane bridge. I'd rather see stoplights than small roundabouts.

Yes, I've taken many a picture for documentation.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FNBADAZ06

• Desertdawg

• azz061

• Cross

sorry to hear of the breakage on your Z ..... but glad you're okey ...... I'm sure the guys at Classic will have you back in the shine again in no time ..... hopefully the insurance co won't have an issue using them ....... Posted Image

Tom...maybe CarFax??? LOL! Vic...sorry to hear this happening to your beauty! Yea, that buff right out!

Some people's kids .. I get a little 'wired' when someone proves they have no right to be in a motor vehicle by failing to actually 'drive' it. I've even considered building black pipe bumpers/grill guards on our truck just so I can tell the officer 'I just did not see that car pull out in front of me/cut me off ..sorry I totalled his POS, can I go now?' Wife gets a lil concerned when I say things like 'I will push him sideways until I stop' when we drive the truck. Funny story: Had a young couple in their 240Z come up to a sidestreet exit in front of me and stop halfway into the traffic lane. I was drivin our '69 half ton pickup, car beside me, saw the driver of the Datsun look at me, ..well .. ..my truck took his frame off at the firewall. -shrug- I had to pry my fender off the tire a little and it bent the headlight frame/bumper a little. No .. .I did not even put the brakes on.. just ran right into his dumb ass. Knew the truck would be fine. It was a truck. He was a bit chagrined. It did surprise me how totalled his car ended up for such a low speed impact (~35mph) Trucks .. they can be fun :) -Frank aka GE

That's some el crapo suckage. Not enough damage to make it a big issue, but certainly enough for CarMax to put it on their report. You should take plenty of pics and file them with the ins. report, so when you decide to sell the car, you can better document the negative CarMax info.

Roundabouts in AZ are way too small. The Happy Valley intersection needs totally rebuilt with at least a 4-lane bridge. I'd rather see stoplights than small roundabouts.

I disagree, I'm no huge fan of round-a-bouts but if you put those intersections back to traffic lights it would be utter gridlock in the Norterra area and the backup onto I-17 during rush hour would be a mile long. I do agree that if the bridge was 4 lane there would be far less issues though

Bromley's Corvettes

Man that sucks to happen to any vette but yours was so sweet. It will be again soon. I have almost been rubbed out in some round abouts on the bike. People just dont under stand you dont change lanes when ever you want in a round about lol. I have had to make some fast hard moves to keep from getting run over so I hate round abouts. They death traps for bikes.

I disagree, I'm no huge fan of round-a-bouts but if you put those intersections back to traffic lights it would be utter gridlock in the Norterra area and the backup onto I-17 during rush hour would be a mile long. I do agree that if the bridge was 4 lane there would be far less issues though

I was more refering to the size of the roundabouts. They'd work so much better at double their size. The state recently spent a bunch of time/money to beautify the area, but failed to deal with the traffic issue. Really silly to have 90% of the commercial business on the east side of I-17 and 90% of the residential on the west and a two-lane bridge in between. :crazy

I'm glad you did not get hurt! Classic Gold will do a great job on your Vette. They did for me when I got my boulder chip.

Made it over to Classic yesterday to meet everyone (first time)and for Joe and Mike to look over the car and to write up the estimate. Now I have to wait for the authorization.

Watch out for Joe, he may tell you he is a good ACE member but he never logs on anymore.

Watch out for Joe, he may tell you he is a good ACE member but he never logs on anymore.

He says you ran him off :lol

He's pounding on Jeeps now.....and ironically, those guys NEVER need paint and bodywork :lol

Go figure :bolt:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Victor. Hopefully you will have it back in great shape in short order.

Farmers sent their own adjuster out to my home today to look at the damage....hopefully the car goes into the shop this week, as parts are going to need to be ordered as well. What a pain in the arse.

WTF? The incident happened on Oct. 09, and the Adjuster just got to look at the car today Oct. 16, NOW that is some bad service. IMHO Was it a Farmers Adjuster or a Interdependent Adjusting agent?

Farmers used a 3rd party contractor. It took them one full business day to review and respond to the Classic Gold estimate, which they did on Friday. They couldn't get the adjuster scheduled any sooner than today, and because this isn't my daily driver, I was OK with it. They cut me a check for the repair so I'm ready to move forward, but I know we will be waiting a few days for parts to arrive, i.e new front bumper cover, ZR1 splitter, etc.

let me know if you need a ride home. LPM and Classic are within walking distance of my office!

thanks, Mike.....I'll let you know.

Well at least it's getting fixed, nothing seems to get done fast anymore...

Very true, Dwayne.

At least it's not my DD. Now, it's going to be waiting on parts :facepalm:

My baby is at Classic getting the magic touch....thanks for the ride home, Mike :thumbs

I'm going to put some black chrome emblems on her and switch out my Corvette flags for the black Centennial emblems. I wanted these, but I don't see them in production yet.

Posted Image

Centennial's

Posted Image

Thought about making a switch to black/cyber grey/carbon flash metallic headlights , but I'm still out on that.

Posted Image

I'm also debating on getting an OEM set of Centinneial cup wheels as well, but then I'll need new rubber as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image