Tues lunch 1:00 pm

JLs Mistress

JLs Mistress
10 hours ago, JohnU said:

Who has not changed their cloths since last Tuesday's lunch? 

IMG_7125.JPG

the three Mopar guys ?

6 hours ago, JLs Mistress said:

the three Mopar guys ?

If you look at last weeks picture they did change their exteriors.....no telling if their under pinnings are different, but Mopar guys do have a thing for commando!!!

JLs Mistress

Commando is in there blood look at the name of the cars  Challenger, Charger and Hellcat  . Very aggressive people aren't they . :blink

Sorry no pix's of today's  chow fest.   I got a low tire reading heading over to the lunch and stopped at Discount Tire to have them pull the bolt out of the front runflat.   The outside thread on the inside of the passenger tire is worn out so they declined. 

Too many corners apparently last weekend!!!  I've got to decide if I want runflats again or go to a standard tire.  I've gotten 28,000 miles so far on the OEMs.  Michelin sells the new AP+3's in both.  Meantime the other three have miles left so I'll see how fast it leaks air.   

JLs Mistress

John I have had good luck with a plug on that type of hole . Or can patch and plug but plug should hold until you make up your mind what your next tires are going to be ..

Next time I need tires I'm not going with run flats. I think the non run flats handle better. Just my 2cents

PS

I keep plugs at the house if you need one..

• Upvote 1

John,

You talking those "rope" strings you push thru and pull back out using the "T" needle or the newer one you "inject" into the hole?

Last time I did a rope style on a measly motorcycle tire I about expired in sweat....panting like a dog!    Damm toughest one I ever did.

JLs Mistress

Thats why they have a special lube . I learned  that from spending a day at a Cooper tire event .. I have used these on Goodyear Runflats, Firestone and Toyo tires over the last 25 years .. Now days they recommend the patch and plug..

It was all "lubed" up.  I had bugger of a time getting the rasp thru the tire belt to ream it out. 

JLs Mistress

Lube is called Safety Seal ..did you have the correct rasp for the plug you had.. I purchased the plugs, lube and tools from safety seal ..

Not sure of the brand.  It's back in the Goldwing.  I got it at a Farm Supply store.  Good enough for a farmer.......

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but you guys are on your own tomorrow.  I'm gonna miss lunch again, alarm system install and another vendor coming at 1:30.  It's been fun, heading north Friday morning.   I'll be back in mid-May for 2.5 weeks so I'll be sitting at the table again soon!!!!

The tire plug's working like a charm.   28,000 miles on the OEM Michelin run-flats so far.

IMG_7154.JPG

JLs Mistress

Have a safe trip John. Glad the plug  is working .. You know its OK to cut off most of the plug that showing.

chadmac99c5
9 hours ago, JohnU said:

Sorry, but you guys are on your own tomorrow.  I'm gonna miss lunch again, alarm system install and another vendor coming at 1:30.  It's been fun, heading north Friday morning.   I'll be back in mid-May for 2.5 weeks so I'll be sitting at the table again soon!!!!

The tire plug's working like a charm.   28,000 miles on the OEM Michelin run-flats so far.

that is scary looking!!!!  every time i hit 50mph that plug would be in the back of my mind....

IMG_7154.JPG

On Monday, April 03, 2017 at 10:44 AM, chadmac99c5 said:

I'M 50...IS THAT GEEZER STATUS????

Do you own an analog watch?

Can you attend a Corvette lunch on a weekday?

If you answered yes to both, you qualify.  :LolLol:

JLs Mistress
4 hours ago, chadmac99c5 said:

GONNA TRY TO MAKE IT TODAY... DEPENDS ON HOW BUSY WE ARE, HOPE TO GET TO GO.

:thumbs

JLs Mistress

Good to see Donna and Tim today been a long time :thumbs  I know no photos thats Donna fault she forgot to take photos..

I was not informed it was my responsibility to take pics.  That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

The geezers are as crotchety and funny as ever, good to see you guys (even the MOPAR guys). :P

I felt it was appropriate to attend as I am now officially a geezer, just retired.  :bounce015:

JLs Mistress
2 hours ago, Chameleon said:

I was not informed it was my responsibility to take pics.  That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

The geezers are as crotchety and funny as ever, good to see you guys (even the MOPAR guys). :P

I felt it was appropriate to attend as I am now officially a geezer, just retired.  :bounce015:

who is always saying need photos :photo: