The ever unpopular "I need to lose weight" thread

FNBADAZ06

Mighty impressive there, home boy.

Now, those shoes youz was wearing......WTF ???? :facepalm::smilelol

Congrats on the record numbers !!!!

:palmas: Congratulations! With numbers like that you can wear whatever shoes you want.

Haha. Yea they are custom converse chuck taylors. Theres so many people in the gym with all these hideous shoes I thought Id one up them all. Heres a better pic....

Posted Image

• 4 months later...

bumpskies. How's everyone doing? I lost about 15 pounds from June to August. I've been maintaining since then. I'd like to lose a little more but I keep getting sucked into tasty foods and beverages. I'd be stoked if I could lose another 10-15 pounds.

Took these last week

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've lost 94 pounds since last November and still going. Will hit the century mark or else. Way to go Big Pappa, this stuff ain't easy.

I've been in the slimming mode as well...not so much loss of weight...only about 13-14 pounds, but I've lost 3+ inches around the middle. Sitting right about 236-7.

I'm down 35 pounds, the last 5 have been tough... I have a feeling the next 65 are going to be even tougher.....

I'm down to 230, so lost 105 lbs so far.

Still workin at it...

Posted Image

Who is this guy? Nice work dude. Anyone else noticed he resized his pic to 69%?

Down 57 lbs, currently 244 lbs. Started at 301 lbs in mid April. I will continue down to the 225ish range.

Down 57 lbs,

Nice! what are you doing to lose?

No soda, no fast food (except maybe subway), count calories (right now I consume 1900-2000 calories a day), and when its not hotter than the 9th level of hell I bike. Although I have found the cardio is not really a requirement as long as the diet is maintained.

I have gone from 227 to 178 since April, would like to hit 170 before December, I am 5.8 my BMi is 28.2 and need to get to BMI 25. Main loss is from watching the Sodium intake no more than 1200mg per day. Also cutting the intake of calories. No Soda . Hoping to set up an exercise program to tighten up the skin and muscles. It is not easy but it is surely worth while , glad to see I am not alone on wanting to lose the weight gain.

I eat errthang

Christ, what an asshole!

I'm still counting carbs, and trying to limit portion size.

Getting on the elliptical 3 times a week too....

I eat errthang

Christ, what an asshole!

I'm still counting carbs, and trying to limit portion size.

Getting on the elliptical 3 times a week too....

haha, well let me rephrase that....I eat anything I want, but I count it. I wouldnt specifically limit carbs because they are the only macro that has a direct affect on metabolism.

I wouldnt specifically limit carbs because they are the only macro that has a direct affect on metabolism.

My thoughts.

Since carbs create insulin which promotes the storage of fat then less carbs equals less insulin.

Also a diet consisting of say 50% protein is better than a diet consisting of 20% protein, by counting carbs I'm consuming more fiber and protein...

I don't limit or count the carbs in fruit or veggies, just mainly limit the intake of bread, pasta, and potatoes...

I just started counting arm movements, aka hand to mouth. My right arm was larger due to all the exercise, so I'm on a campaign to increase the left one for better balance. For those who understand, I lost a little on Monday and I feel fine. :yesnod

I wouldnt specifically limit carbs because they are the only macro that has a direct affect on metabolism.

My thoughts.

Since carbs create insulin which promotes the storage of fat then less carbs equals less insulin.

Also a diet consisting of say 50% protein is better than a diet consisting of 20% protein, by counting carbs I'm consuming more fiber and protein...

I don't limit or count the carbs in fruit or veggies, just mainly limit the intake of bread, pasta, and potatoes...

During times when you are fasting (such as extended times between meals, or when you are asleep), lipolysis will exceed lipogenesis (meaning you are burning fat). Over a 24-hour period, it will all balance out (assuming your are not consuming more calories than you are expending), meaning you do not gain weight. This graph explains it perfectly....

Posted Image

So as long as your a fairly healthy individual and do not have diabetes, you do not have to avoid/severely limit carbohydrate intake if you are tracking your macronutrients/calories. Insulin only rises after a meal so what matters is the net balance by the end of the day, as the graph explains.