The ever unpopular "I need to lose weight" thread

FNBADAZ06

since I started working at amazon, I'm now down to 318 from 350. not bad for 2 months of work. I also just signed back on with lifetime fitness, so now I can hit my goal of under 300 by my birthday. which is a little more than a month away.

Ill be dropping 10-15lbs these next 8 weeks to make weight for another meet. Currently 197ish in the AM.

What kind of meet?

USPA American Cup. Raw Powerlifting.

Stop drinking soda if you're trying to lose weight. At 1200 calories a day (what I aim to eat as well) there is NO room for empty calories. Although I'm sure you know that. And diet soda, although no calories accompany it the sugar-like tastes and carbonation make you crave sugary and fatty foods.. and it provides zero nutritional value. I probably had a 300 calorie breakfast today so I've still got about 900 calories left for the day, woohoo! I think I'd be doing a lot better if I'd stop drinking though. Stupid empty calories. :banghead

what are empty calories?

what are empty calories?

Ooh...ooh, I know: A media catch phrase from Dr. Oz?

What do I win?

A free, running-start, steel-toed boot kick to teh groin! :willy

what are empty calories?

Ooh...ooh, I know: A media catch phrase from Dr. Oz?

What do I win?

Ding ding. You sir are correct. You win a months worth of Acai Berry Extract!

• 2 months later...

Oh so close to the halfway point, 46 pounds as of this morning. Plus I have Jammye really working on it now too :partydance: (<--- me exercising)

• 1 month later...

I feel so alone here now..... I hit the first milestone, as of Monday I've lost 50 pounds!

wickedfastvette

I feel so alone here now.....

I hit the first milestone, as of Monday I've lost 50 pounds!

That's awesome! :thumbs

Woot!! I haven't even been in the gym in like 2 months now. hell, maybe 3. I have a couple injuries that I am trying to heal. I'm floating steady at about 240. Gonna try to start getting back in the gym and see if my injuries are far enough along that I can hit it hard again.

• 1 month later...

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 300.0 I stepped on it 4 times and got the same exact number.

So close to being under 300 but I was denied!!!

-56 pounds since the Alaska cruise!!!

92ZR1Wannabe

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 300.0 I stepped on it 4 times and got the same exact number.

So close to being under 300 but I was denied!!!

-56 pounds since the Alaska cruise!!!

Very nice! 222 This morning , down from 301 a year ago.............................stillllll going.

92ZR1Wannabe

Very cool Joe, do you feel the difference? I know I do!

Big time! I have a herniated disc in my lower back which was causing me a lot of problems when my weight was up, it hasn't bothered me in quite some time now.

Thinking I will be aiming for a good 190 or so.....so most of the way there.

Guest racingchester

Started to diet march 10, 2013. Weighed in at 195...way to chunky......as of this morning weighed in at 181.....goal....165-170.

High protien low fat WITH porton control......Lost 20 lbs a couple of years ago. Cut BP meds down by 3/4...Yup life style change...aint going back up again.....want to see my 3 year old grand baby graduate from high school at least. It can be done with the right mind set....

Way to go Chuck, we want you to stick around too....

I graduated at 225, my current goal is to get to 250, after that I will re-evaluate and see if I want to maintain or keep loosing! 50 to go!!!

It took me 30 years to gain 131 pounds of fat, and 11 months to loose 56 pounds, a total lifestyle change in eating has worked wonders....

• Downvote 1

Guest racingchester

Yah it aint fun walking by all the good stuff that makes you a lard azz. But the benefits are the payoff.....Feel good about yourself and try carrying around the amount of weight you have lost....even for a few minutes.....Your hips and knees will thank you. I had a wake up call acouple of weeks ago and I refuse to gain weight....so much for the rant....

• 2 weeks later...
Desertdawg

Thanks fer asking. I was at 297 this morning, so thats 59 pounds now....... Slowly but surely !!! How are you doing?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest racingchester

Way to go...Going to put a ball and chain on your leg so you don't blow away. Started at 195..at 178.5 this morning. Want to be at 175 by the time school is out. Hope to be between 165-170 by the end of summer....Keep up the good work...

Any suggestions on gyms in the Gilbert area? Will be living at Gilbert/Pecos. Work out 4-5 times a week so want something close by.

Dropped 100+lbs when I lived in Arizona last time. Put a lot back on in the past year. Need to drop 20-25lbs when I get there.

Desertdawg

Need to drop 20-25lbs when I get there.

just let it get to 115, you'll sweat out 20 ounds a day :lol

Sorry no suggestions for a gym from me, I live in the middle of no-where!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Any suggestions on gyms in the Gilbert area? Will be living at Gilbert/Pecos. Work out 4-5 times a week so want something close by.

Dropped 100+lbs when I lived in Arizona last time. Put a lot back on in the past year. Need to drop 20-25lbs when I get there.

There is a Golds off Stapley and Baseline.

• 2 weeks later...

Weight loss does not have to be super hard, but Steve is right it takes time..

I started looking at my diet first...

I cut out soda and lost 20# in 5 weeks. I only had 12-36 oz of soda a day. A large coke from McDonalds has 310 calories and a TON of sugar.

Now all I drink is unsweetened tea and water.

I also limited my white breads and pasta.

So.. Instead of getting a 12" sub, I would either get it as a salad or I would eat a 6" with double meat.

I am eatting a little less, but I am never hungry.

I do go to the gym on a regular basis, but its mostly to lift, but I have also started some additional cardio and can do up to 45 min on the elipical.

20# on me means I am down to a 38" waist instead of a 40-42.

I have about 10 more pounds to loose to get to my target weight

Start with small changes that you can implement into you life, and you will watch the weight come off.