Best Burger places in the Valley

Z06_Mir

LOL .. I remember a Korean lady with a McDonald's hat and plywood golden arches over her two-wheel cart just outside the main gate at Osan ..dunno if that was Miss Kim or not (was 1984) .. but she definitely offered outstanding hamburgers! Cat, Dog, North Korean .. don't care ...they were *great* :) Burger King does the best IMHO .. always seems just the right size bun with the right amount of burger an fillings. Had fancier ones an bigger ones here an there .. none that tasted better and a lot were worse. That home made recipe now .. that would prolly be ok :) I do miss Fuddruckers sandwiches .. some very tasty offerings when I was in Denver years ago. -Frank

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Z06_Mir

• Buccaneer

• Big Poppa

• Extender32

Fuddruckers... just up the street from you at Arrowhead mall... Still damn good! For fast food I still prefer a whataburger over all the other joints.

Sorry, we tried Smash and we weren't impressed... very thin (smashed) patty and way to much bread.

I agree. Not a fan. Way overpriced too. I'd take In-n-out over Smash. The one I used to like was Flakey Jakes. Don't think they are around anymore. Culver's butter burgers aren't bad except by the time you get out of there with the custard, your wallet is very light.

I've tried both Smash Burger and Fat Burger....thought they were OK but nothing to write home about. Now, that prime burger at Monti's La Casa Vieja is a memorable burger !!!! :partydance:

I might have just stumbled onto the best place yet to have a burger. In Tempe, 3141 S. Mcclintock, on the Northwest corner of McClintock and Southern is a place called Lobby's Burgers. All he does is burgers, hot dogs and Italian meat sandwiches. The place is small but plenty of parking. He appears to be having a car show this Friday night (4-20-12). If you are in that area, check the place out it was very good.

menu

I've driven by that place quite a big since it's like three miles from me. I will check it out now that I know it's good.

I might have just stumbled onto the best place yet to have a burger. In Tempe, 3141 S. Mcclintock, on the Northwest corner of McClintock and Southern is a place called Lobby's Burgers. All he does is burgers, hot dogs and Italian meat sandwiches. The place is small but plenty of parking. He appears to be having a car show this Friday night (4-20-12). If you are in that area, check the place out it was very good.

menu

Is that behind the McDonald's in that strip mall Joe?

BTW: Lobby's is not on the Northwest corner, it's on the Northeast corner of McClintock and Southern. Went there today since I was near the area and looked everywhere on the Northwest corner and couldn't find it. It was ok, nothing really special except maybe their 3lb burger. Holy Crap! It wasn't bad, just not what I expected IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Culvers are pretty good.

We stopped into a Culver's tonite...nom nom nom. :thumbs

• 4 weeks later...

Smash is good 5 Guys is good In-N-Out is too fast foody Delux Burger is good, but retarded menu with 2 burgers on it. It's called Delux Burger for god sakes! Have more than 2 burgers! Red Robin is ok Zin Burger however is the shit! I have had a few of their offerings and they were phenomenal. Yes the Kobe Burger is amazing. I also had a burger there when they were hosting a contest, it was a turkey, bacon, avocado sandwich on top of a fricking burger. Awesome! At the same time I also had a burger there with corn chips on it with salsa and cheezes etc. Delicious. They were so good I ate them both. Even the manager came by because he didn't believe one guy ordered two burgers.

Ya you do. It's just another world of burger.

Zinburger is a Fox restaurant, eh? No wonder it's delicious. I will have to try this place. Linky for everyone

http://foxrc.com/zinburger.html

I had Zinburger today for lunch, damn sexy as always.

I even texted a picture of my Kobe Burger to BP just cuz I'm a crappy friend like that :lol My coworker had the special Patty Melt and he said it was awesome-o

Culvers are pretty good.

We stopped into a Culver's tonite...nom nom nom. :thumbs

I never heard of them before and the wife wanted to get some ice cream somewhere different so we headed over to Culver's on Country Club and Baseline, just north of Baseline East side of street. Nice clean place and the custard waffle cone was really good, but their double cheese butter burger is awesome. I think we found a new place to go. It is a tad on the pricey side, but not anymore than most places really and worth it I think. :thumbs

F22trainer

not a burger joint, but it's a "stroke on a bun" Claim Jumpers Widowmaker burger ...deliciious and for most of the sensible folks out there, it will feed 2, but no one has recently accused me of being sensible.

• 3 months later...

IMO, the best burgs around is up in prescott, a place called the Brown Bag. Their burgs come in 7, 10 and 20oz varieties. Their meat is fresh ground daily so its never frozen. Damn talking about this, I just may need to make a run up Yarnell hill this weekend just to get me some.

They just opened a new place up here north of Whiskey row called Bill's grill and the burgers are AWESOME! You gotta give it a try.

I just may have to take you up on your suggestion and try it but you'll have to meet us there to share the pain of having an awsome burg.

Deal!

Time for a burger run to Prescott???? :driving:

I am in!! :banannarainbow:

• 5 months later...

Sorry, we tried Smash and we weren't impressed... very thin (smashed) patty and way to much bread.

I agree. Not a fan. Way overpriced too. I'd take In-n-out over Smash. The one I used to like was Flakey Jakes. Don't think they are around anymore. Culver's butter burgers aren't bad except by the time you get out of there with the custard, your wallet is very light.

Haha.

I remember Flaky Jakes!

Holy crap, that was a long time ago.

Zinburger is a Fox restaurant, eh? No wonder it's delicious. I will have to try this place. Linky for everyone

http://foxrc.com/zinburger.html

I had Zinburger today for lunch, damn sexy as always.

I even texted a picture of my Kobe Burger to BP just cuz I'm a crappy friend like that :lol My coworker had the special Patty Melt and he said it was awesome-o

Sounds familiar.

Fairly certain there is a Zinburger inside the airport.

Haha.

I remember Flaky Jakes!

Holy crap, that was a long time ago.

Ha! me too! Me lisa and Mo dined and dashed there, the service was so shitty we just left lmao

Went to In & Out last night.

I don't really want to help support Lynsi's cocaine habit, but whatever.

I had no idea that they offered little jalapeno peppers. I tried a few and those suckers are hot! Whew. Pretty good, though.