SECC Cruise

Quiktrip

I will be flying back from Chicago about the time you're all heading up the Beeline.  Think I can talk the pilot into tipping a wing Tim?  :D

I know a couple of pilots we have that would roll the plane if asked nicely!!! :crazy:smilelol

Can I drop your name? That might be a kick in a 737! :eek

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nort99

• Quiktrip

• 1EvilC5

• roneva

Guest XLR8TNC5

I decided to play Videographer/Photographer/Driver today, so we will be showing up in just the Z06. Mark will do most the driving today for a change. lol. We figured we didn't want too many black C5's showing up anyway. lol. So, we will see you all in a little while.

Just sitting on the side of the of road waiting for a tow truck for Robert's Vette to be picked up. Transmission problem.

Guest LT4ME
Just sitting on the side of the of road waiting for a tow truck for Robert's Vette to be picked up. Transmission problem.

Tranny problem? That sux! :willy

Robert, how is your car? We had a flat tire this morning when we were getting ready to leave so we couldn't come.

Not sure what it is yet. Just got home and ate lunch. NowI'm going to jack it up and see if it's anything that I can do. I'll post any findings. Robert :burnout not

OK, I went under and saw where the trans. fluid was hitting the exhaust and dropped the trans. dust cover..dry. Sooo I check the trans. pan bolts and they're not too tight. Tightened them up and looked at every thing else that I could find and started the car and ran it thru the gears...no leaks. Take it out on the road and run it thru the gears flooring it each time and no leaks. did this for about 15 minutes and parked in the driveway and left it idling for 5 minutes and moved it and no leaks. Is it possible that the pan was leaking and with the higher temps and pressures of the run just blew past the gasket? Is the pan pressurized or just the internal parts? I will probably take it somewhere to have it checked out further just to be safe. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed. Robert :burnout maybe

Sounds positive for now! :thumbs

Ask Michael about the C4 transmission leaking fluid all over the exhaust. He had it happen when we all went to San Diego. His started pouring out smoke but once we got to the top of the hill going into SD it was fine. Don't recall if he had to add fluid or not but it seemed it was only the heat and long climb up the hill. He can probably tell you more.

Sounds positive for now!  :thumbs

Ask Michael about the C4 transmission leaking fluid all over the exhaust.  He had it happen when we all went to San Diego.  His started pouring out smoke but once we got to the top of the hill going into SD it was fine.  Don't recall if he had to add fluid or not but it seemed it was only the heat and long climb up the hill.  He can probably tell you more.

I just got a response from Pete K, the trans expert on the CF and he said that it was probably overheating and blowing out the trans. vent like it's supposed to do in those circumstances. He said not to worry. I might have overfilled it the last time I put some in and I was using 2nd and 3rd gear ALOT which heats up the fluid more. So I'll take it for some close to home runs over the next few days and see what happens.Thanks all. Robert :burnout Looking favorable P.S.My part of the towing bill was only $136 which was pretty good I thought. :thumbs

Robert, I seem some smoke coming from you as we went by in the other lane. Glad you think you have it fixed.

Had a great time on the run. Met some very nice people. I now know what it is like to go 135 with the top down. Put the top up on the way down to save my hair :D . Thanks to all for making this a fun trip. The food was great and so was the company. Joe it was nice meeting you.

Wish I had thought of putting the top up several years ago. Maybe I would now have hair. :rolleyes

Great cruise. Thx Joe & Scottsdale Ex's! :thumbs

I now know what it is like to go 135 with the top down. Put the top up on the way down to save my hair :D . Thanks to all for making this a fun trip. The food was great and so was the company. Joe it was nice meeting you.

Whoo hoo 135!!! That's a new target for me to shoot for. Glad you had a good time, and "I told you so" about the SECC people, they are great to hang with. Thanks for all the help and support at the breakdown, especially to Phil for staying with me until the tow truck was there :thumbs See all at the next go round,Robert :burnout

Robert, we're happy everything seems to be working out ok. I guess that's something else I will be watching for from my C4. :bang

I now know what it is like to go 135 with the top down.  Put the top up on the way down to save my hair  :D .  Thanks to all for making this a fun trip. The food was great and so was the company.  Joe it was nice meeting you.

Whoo hoo 135!!! That's a new target for me to shoot for. Glad you had a good time, and "I told you so" about the SECC people, they are great to hang with. Thanks for all the help and support at the breakdown, especially to Phil for staying with me until the tow truck was there :thumbs See all at the next go round,Robert :burnout

Not a problem Robert, glad you were able to look at it and only to find a minor issue.

I caught up to the group at the lunch meeting place and road back with them.

Great time even with the Jolly Green Giant having problems. :D

Phil... :devil

Robert, we're happy everything seems to be working out ok. I guess that's something else I will be watching for from my C4. :bang

I wish that I had known about Michael's doing the same thing as mine did. That way I might have continued on and just have taken it a bit easier. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. Robert :burnout

Guest LT4ME
Robert, we're happy everything seems to be working out ok.  I guess that's something else I will be watching for from my C4. :bang

I wish that I had known about Michael's doing the same thing as mine did. That way I might have continued on and just have taken it a bit easier. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be. Robert :burnout

Dumb question: Have you checked the current fluid level? Does the fluid look discolored or smell burnt?

Not dumb at all. I did check and looks and smell fine. Level seems to be up in the thatched part when hot so even with the spill it looks like I still have plenty in there. I guess I had too much and with the additional heat it spit it out. It sure looked catastrophic when it happened. It looked like a Nascar race when they blow a motor. Well maybe not that bad,LOL. Seeya, Robert :burnout

Robert here is a picture of you just before you were doing your nascar thing. :P

post-7-1150077030.jpg

Just got back from running it up and down the 101 and everything seems fine. I guess it was the trans. burping out the extra overheated fluid. It makes sense since there were two trails of fluid on the ground as I came to a stop and they were in the same spots as both sides of the pan. So when the fluid vented it would have flowed onto both sides of the trans. and down the sides and dripped off the pan leaving the two trails. I'm feeling alot better after looking at it and the info from Pete K on the CF and the post from Eddie about Michael's car. :D Thanks again everyone. Seeya, Robert :burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5

Wow, had an awesome time today. All of you in SECC are really good people. Thanks for letting us hang out and be in awe at the beautiful scenery (your cars) and the trees and mountains weren't too bad either. :P

Next time, I am driving MY car if it kills me. lol.

Reat ride, great people, and great time. Mark and I are downloading all the pics now and I will post a link to them soon.

Best Wishes to all and hope to see you all again soon. :thumbs

:burnout:burnout

Guest XLR8TNC5

Robert,

I am so bummed about your car this morning. I really hope it all turns out well for ya buddy. It just wasn't the same without you there! Especially, since you were such a positive voice to ACE joining up with SECC anyway! Darn it.

Next time fo sho buddy!

Tanya